Incentives Grant from Astar Treasury : Bringing Bifrost vDOT to Astar for the DOT Unlock

Thanks for the post and feedback.

1- the pool will be on Arthswap V2
2- The incentives will be concentrated on one DEX given that as it currently stands in terms of latest TVL and breakdown, the other DEXs on Astar are not large enough, and if we wish to build deep native liquidity on Astar for future usecases we need to build it on the largest. In regards to Hydra, we work with them closely however this is regarding the Astar network and building native liquidity and usecases for vDOT - such that Astar users and the community have access to the first native DOT Liquid staking token (LST) in the eco.
3. Following various discussions with the core Astar team, we have decided to only launch the vDOT-ASTR pool for the following reasons:

• Opportunity of the DOT unlock
  • leveraging recent growth of vDOT and bringing in a native Polkadot LST to Astar and broadening its usecases across the ecosystem.
  • Ensuring that we focus on Astar network native asset and its usability.

for vDOT-DOT and ASTR-vASTR pools we are ensuring that the liquidity hub for the assets is on the bifrost parachain tapping into this liquidity via our recently launched dedicated LST Stableswap whereby swaps and pools are more efficient and slippage is low. We hope to have lending and borrowing protocols support XCM cross chain liquidations tapping into our stableswap.

1 Like

I understand very well, thank you.
I look forward to the vASTR Wiki.

Thank you for your answers, it’s clearer now.
I just hope it won’t be mercenary liquidity providers and won’t disappear once the incentives end.
Bifrost’s work is very valuable for the whole ecosystem and you have my support for this reason.
Later I would be happy to see a vASTR/nASTR pool (Algem’s LST) on a dex but it’s another topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

I support the proposal, but I want to understand why choosing Arthswap - what were the criterias?

1 Like

Voted yes.
I’m switching topics, but I’m looking forward to seeing increased utility for vASTR.

1 Like

I would like to support this proposal, Bifrost is doing great in the eco and like to see this kind of collaborative work!

1 Like

There will be mercenaries. This is nothing new and I don’t agree to use the treasury to incentivize the program.

Those 600k ASTR could’ve been better used as grants to build some new products/dApps. At least the community have something to play with.

1 Like

I have the same question marks in my mind. This time I don’t support it.

1 Like

I hope this incentive program work well. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: & be in time 10/24 ?
We have only 60 - 110 UAW ( unique active wallet )/DAY on ArthSwap( No.1 Astar dApp ).
By DappRadar Data( screenshot ).

1 Like

Thank you for the insightful feedback.
Allow us to comment on the retrospective of the “DOT Festival” held with Astar Network and ArthSwap in May 2022, and based on that, how we plan to conduct the current campaign.

■ Good points from last time:
We were able to allocate a budget from Astar team and provide incentives, successfully gathering over $10M in DOT liquidity.

■ Bad points from last time:
It was challenging to maintain the effects in the medium term after the campaign ended. As pointed out, it’s currently around a total of $100K. (While factors like the halving of $DOT price since then and various market conditions have had an impact, they are not the sole reasons for the decline.)

■ About this time:

• The purpose is slightly different from the last DOT Festival. While the previous one focused on DOT token itself, this time we are running a joint campaign with Bifrost to provide utility to vDOT, a staking token of DOT that currently has no operational use.
  • The aim is to encourage those who haven’t yet used Bifrost on the Astar Network to utilize DOT which is being unlocked and returned at this time.
  • In the medium term, we also plan to create essentially stable pools like vDOT/DOT, introduce vASTR, etc., in collaboration, to provide ongoing value.
2 Likes

Hello @0xTPP, @ArthSwap,

The 3-month liquidity incentive campaign to attract vDOT tokens to Astar Network on Arthswap. has come to an end.

As it’s important for the community and the health of the Astar ecosystem to understand how treasury funds are being used, we’d like to know the results of this grant.

Please provide us with a detailed report of the campaign process with the metrics you obtained:

• vDOT and ASTR LPs, not only liquidity depth;
  • XCM transfers Bifrost <> Astar;
  • vDOT minted on Astar EVM;
  • vDOT transferred from Bifrost to Astar;
  • Any other metric that may be relevant;

Since the start of the campaign, the prices of vDOT and ASTR have fluctuated, so the value of liquidity depth has also fluctuated on Arthswap. It would be interesting to know how much ASTR and DOT have been supplied to the pair, and to share its evolution over time to see if it attracted new liquidity flows.

Since the campaign also features Bifrost, cross-chain transactions such as XCM and vDOT transfers to Astar are also important to consider, as the campaign aims to attract DOT and vDOT holders to join our ecosystem from Bifrost.

With Bifrost’s Omni LS palette, it’s also possible to mint vDOT directly on Astar EVM, so it would be interesting to have data on the number of vDOT minted using this feature.

Thank you

2 Likes

Also waiting on the answers pointed out ba G!

hello @Gaius_sama @Matt many tks for the post and apologise for the delay, been abit busy on our ends and resources tied up. Nevertheless, we have provided the data reflecting this 3month liquidity incentive campaign which we received from Astar.

On our ends we have been able to provide data on:

• vDOT transferred from Bifrost to Astar;
    Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 17.43.32

whilst Arthswap can provide more granularity around activity on their DEX and the pool specifically around TVL, Volume and liquidity depth across this 3months period.

Regarding omni.ls we have had some issues with minting of vDOT on both Moonbeam and Astar which has unfortunately led us to redirect users to minting vDOT directly on Bifrost. This is something we are fixing.

I remain at your full disposal for further questions you may have.

Thanks again for your support as always.

TP

2 Likes

hello @Gaius_sama , @Matt ,

Thank you for raising your voice regarding the measurement of our campaign’s effectiveness.

We agreee with you. Let us share the changes in the quanitity of vDOT and ASTR token (not in USD value base becasue it depends on the price of them)

During the period of the campaign (from Oct 23 to Jan 21), the amount of tokens deposited showed a steady increase. This is in terms of the pure quantity of tokens, not USD-based, which suggests that the campaign contributed to attracting liquidity. (Due to the impact of impermanent loss, ASTR, which had higher price volatility than DOT, was moving in a decreasing direction.)

Just for the reference, the history of TVL in USD at each period is as follows.

1 Like

And regarding the trading volume in vDOT/ASTR pool, here are the numbers in USD;

Month Volume
2023 Nov $216,082
2023 Dec $754,275
2024 Jan $775,180

If you guys need any other information, please let us know.

Thank you always for your support and community engagement.

2 Likes

I was not aware of this data, thank you for sharing it. I have a doubt and I would like to know your source, what do you use to get this data, is it internal data from your team?

1 Like

Thank you for the report. From these data, it is evident that you have been able to attract more liquidity to the Astar ecosystem. It’s good to see the results of the grant.

I have one question. The current campaign is conducted in v2, but ArthSwap has v3. Are there any strategies considered for migrating the collected liquidity to v3? Since v3 is equipped with concentrated liquidity, it would be more convenient for users if the liquidity were to accumulate in v3.

3 Likes

Thanks for asking a good point. All of them are onchain data.
We extracted the following data by using subgraph.

2 Likes

Great! I really appreciate your response and see consistency in the data you present.

1 Like

Thanks for the campaign.

I was staking DOT in Bifrost and was thankful to participate.
I have often observed the TVL movement, but seeing the results in this way was very effective. Thank you very much.

2 Likes