[DEPRECIATED] Proposal: Peers program - spread Astar nodes across the world with Raspberry Pi

Awesome I love the enthusiasm :slight_smile:
I’ll definitely organize learning session once we have a few candidate, it will be live and recorded.

5 Likes

this could definitely be powered by a small solar system with a single deep cycle battery and cellular router, altogether around 20W continuous power consumption.

1 Like
3 Likes
Approve Treasury Request
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Good job!Thanks for proposing this.

3 Likes

Dear community,

It is with great pleasure I can announce here the launch of the Astar Peers Program after approval of the proposal.

For candidates or members curious about the program, we have created a a channel :busts_in_silhouette:peers-program on the discord. To access it, please register yourself into the :beginner:builders-verification channel.

The following form has been created for candidates, please fill it if you want to apply as a member!
https://forms.gle/Hmru4rdE9JNJuYN7A

The program treasury can be followed on-chain on Astar at this address:
Y4rPEERX1ucGe2nWpEqR8ACboThwtgGZDWZNZvzYeoGRTJC

Hope to get a lot of candidates!

3 Likes

I’m Indonesian too and will be glad to sharing in Bahasa Indonesia, pak

1 Like

Excited to participate in the Peers program. Supporting Astar decentralization from Mexico.

3 Likes

This is a great initiative that will help improve Astar network. for there to be full decentralisation, Nodes needs to be spread across the globe.

i am in Nigeria and would be happy to be running an ASTAR node here.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for all messages here.
As a reminder, for all members interested, please join channel :busts_in_silhouette:peers-program on the Astar discord.
To access it, please register yourself into the :beginner:builders-verification channel.

Talk to you there!

1 Like

Joint community responsible for it

Hi, bLd!
The aarch64 node version you shared in this programme is v4.39.1.
Do we have a latest version of v4.49.0?
It would be great if we can have an aarch binary also updated in the next release!

Sure it is, just look in assets part :wink:

1 Like

:loudspeaker: Join us for Astar Tech Talks #009 and learn how to configure Raspberry Pi to Run an Astar Node!:robot: Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from the best with our Astar Peers Program!

:triangular_flag_on_post: Event starts May 09 @ 2PM UTC

:link: Register now: Astar Tech Talk #009 - Astar Peers Program: How to configure Raspberry Pi to run an Astar node - crowdcast

1 Like

great and cool context

1 Like

I would like to be apart of this, I am not in the barren areas, but would like to participate none the less.

2 Likes

You are you are definitely welcome to join Astar network by spinning up a node, I’ll be very happy to support anyone in the discord dedicated channel even if they are not eligible to receive a reward from the program!

1 Like

I don’t mind spinning up a Astar node, and even do more like managing collators and validators. I have an extra Raspberry Pi just for this.

2 Likes

Came to this a bit late, but would love to give it a go! I’m in Australia. Just saw the discord channel too so can chat there but wanted to pop in and say great idea :brain:

3 Likes

I’m froom the Philippines and I would like to run node. I know nothing about it but I am quick to learn.

2 Likes