Proposal: Web3 Weekends Tashkent . Series of 6 Workshops to educate the local developers community about Astar Network and WASM

Thank you for doing this!

Approve Community Funds Amounting $3000 worth of ASTR
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Can you share more information what’s expected from the payment?
Upfront, after each event, after all events?

@AlexPromoTeam Those above mentioned in the proposal - the receipts would have to be provided after the events. I think you ask upfront is totally fine but saying you are not going to provide the receipts after the event does not make sense. Yes there should be the cost you cannot provide receipt such as your time I totally support but you should put break down it to the proposal. I cannot vote until I know that you are going to provide the bill. If it costed more than your proposal then you can also claim.

Those events are great, and I would like all ambassadors to feel comfortable to talk/claim the budget and this proposal the first one I would like to make it right.

2 Likes

This initiative is from the ground level, I see very big demand for such an events here. The situation here in Uzbekistan is like in India 20 years ago when government and business decided to turn to IT. Astar as a smart contract platform can become the standard here if do all the things right. Its better to support such an initiatives in developing countries who want to focus population on IT. It can inspire other Astar ambassadors to do cool local quality things.

Yes we had very hot discussions about receipts in our ambassador group, and I want to explain my position so maybe it will help not only me but others when they will apply for the grant, and it can help to set the standard for the future:

1.I want this proposal positioned not like volunteering but project work. I spend a lot of time and affords, talked to dozen officials and businesses to organize it. I talked about Astar and that its is very interested in new audience, users and developers and Astar will support such an educational events for sure. If this proposal failed it will harm my reputation.

2.I cant provide recipes for the most of the spendings here, because I pay to not entities and in cash, for example venue, work of Eugene (we have a big luck that he is here) , marketing, photo video. I work with individuals who do not provide receipts. And I am not going to fake it because it is not honourable. I can provide recipes for - pizza and drinks, swag and invitations, but its 1/5 of all spendings. I did the invoice myself it can be the basis for payment.

1. I do the project work that cost amount I posted in proposal. I need the funds to pay expenses. I am asking for a budget, actual expenses on my side, it’s clear and fair. I physically can’t provide some spending documents and I think it’s not necessary, because it’s a project work. Some spendings can be less or more, for example next time we may need other location fit for more attendees, and more pizza and so on. I want it payed upfront for the series, because do it every week is not effective way to operate. I am here for more than 3 years and I am not going to run somewhere.

4.I already did Proof of Concept event and report in social networks, shared links here on forum, you can check the quality, that’s the meaning of Proof of Concept. I am going to make similar reports about every workshop and post the full video for those people from community who cant attend.

5.I am sure that similar workshops in other regions can give the Astar what it mostly needed - new active developers, new WASM and EVM projects and business ideas. So it is totally worth to do as an example.

1 Like

I’m not commenting anything apart form the bills. The idea and initiative is amazing I support. And budget paid in advance is normal I have no problems with that. Proposal is for those pupose we all know and no one is complaining about it.

But you hire someone and going to pay for things and that means they are invoicing you. You need that invoice to support your proposal after the events. You order catering, they are businesses they must provide you receipts, You cannot say they don’t.

2 Likes

Based on this statement, you are saying that you are providing this service as a business instead of as an Ambassador. And you seek to make profit out of it. Just like how Shiden Growth was.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

What s wrong to provide a service if it took a lot of time and efforts. It’s not a hobby for me.
Shiden Growth was a great initiative , if it was operated more , 6 month as planned from the beginning I guess we can show more results. Our team provided all promises and metrics, and we honestly try to invite more developers.
You are employee of Astar Foundation or SpaceLab or other entity and you are ambassador also , I don’t see any problem here.

Can you please answer my question regarding payment acceptance criteria from your end?
If it doesn’t matter, I would like to pay from the community treasury after each event with a report. Let me know if you agree?

On my side its more convenient to be payed upfront for the series, because do it every week is not effective way to operate. You and me will spend 6 times more for the simple task, not smart.
I am here for more than 3 years and I am not going to run somewhere. If I can’t do the events for some reason I will return the funds.

Again @AlexPromoTeam this has nothing to do with you. I trust you as a person 100%! It’s more about setting a clear workflow for the next proposals. If community rewards pool pays upfront without reports this can set the tone for other proposals and this I dont like.

Please dont see this as something to you as person but see the whole picture please.

3 Likes

If you say I need $3k upfront from community treasury, I will vote no.

vote no please. couple days already I started thinking that I did this proposal in vain, too much nerves cells destroyed , too much drama. This project need more decentralization Maarten.

No comments, but I voted no on this proposal because funds are asked upfront without thinking about the bigger picture.

1 Like

I don’t see how asking for more information has to do with decentralization.

1 Like

When you are asking the money upfront, you are setting a standard for the future generations.

In the future, let’s say another 1000 random people asking for $3000 upfront to do similar events and not achieve their milestones, is this something that you want to see?

It is not about you not running away or having being here for 3 years. It is about setting a standard that will be followed by others.

This is the bigger picture and I don’t know why you are upset about it.

Also, since you are providing this service as a business, you shouldn’t be asking for an upfront payment. You can ask any businesses in real life. Payment is only made after the work is done and reviewed. To do business, you need to have a capital of your own to start with.

1 Like

I support 100% the event, Alex! Thanks for proposing.

But knowing that you are performing as a service provider (aiming profits) and not as an ambassador. I see the figure as if I were dealing with a service provider who seeks to be pre-financed in advance by the community treasury in order to make profit.

Then, I would like to ask for the receipts prior to payment. If you were hosting the event as an ambassador (no profits), I would support post-event receipts with no issues…as you agreed in item 5.

Decentralization means: Don’t trust, verify!

4 Likes

No any doubt it, all agreed it

This is really a great proposal, do you also have online option for those who cannot be in person?

Voted NO. I’m from Cuba making this vote. I can not do this with centralized projects cause my Country is blocked.

I can vote on Astar Network because is very decentralized.

Thank you