Unclaimed tokens

I think the reason each individual has for not claiming the PLM is pretty circumstantial and specific. I’m one example who did do read the tutorial(s) and was aware of the deadline and walked through it well in time. I didn’t lock ETH without thinking and do not throw eth at each project I see, I’m a strong believer in ETH and wouldn’t lock my ETH for 1000 days if I didn’t read in the project or didn’t believe in the project. That liquidity could have been used for other things too off course like staking ETH2.0.

Still I didn’t manage to claim my PLM as I thought (following is my personal situation) I did walked through a fairly new process and was convinced that I was finished, substantiated by the checkmark which appeared. Let me be the one that didn’t pushed the last button/checkmark to actually claim the PLMs.

Only a short time ago I realized I didn’t fully walked through the process as I didn’t receive any PLMs yet, after which I reached out in the forum and mainly the discord finding myself in a situation that apparently discussion already took place at some time. I missed that discussion as I was under the assumption that I claimed my PLM and didn’t know I had an issue. It could be said I pushed some buttons with my question (wished I pushed that checkmark button instead :slight_smile:), but hey I have an issue and I don’t think it’s wrong to open up with it and ask for support. Hoping this is a supportive community helping to think about a solution.

Another thing that came up multiple times is that the people who didn’t claim in time are ignorant and not interested in the project. I think that’s a bit blunt to say and generalizing everyone like that. It not a small percentage with unclaimed PLMs and I can’t believe the majority is like that. I do have interest in the project, do believe in the project as I locked my liquidity for 1000days, but my time schedule is different than others. At that time mainly I was not in the condition to be fully emerged in telegram, discord and this forum, which could count for a lot more people. Imo not a bad thing to be honest and certainly not meaning someone is not interested. Prioritization is a timely thing which changes all the time. For me anyway as I’m starting my own business and having a private/family life beside. I could even fulfill a participating role or add value to the community or the project in the future, who knows, I am capable for it.

So why I persist my support question is that I think it is first of all on my own responsibility I didn’t pushed that last button, but secondly I also think the ui and process could have helped me with not pressing the button. Please note I’m not blaming anyone for it, don’t get me wrong, the team is devoting al their time and effort in this and I do believe everything has been done as good as possible at that time.

A rollback is something that has been discussed in the past, I don’t think that is a solution and totally agree with that. It could be harmful for the project. But as the support question rises again, which could happen more in the coming period as still 7% didn’t claim and could still be unaware of their issue, it would be very strong to investigate if there is a solution that is not harmful and helps the people claiming their unclaimed tokens. Unclaimed PLMs for other reasons than being ignorance or uninterested as I’m convinced that anyone locking ETH 1000 days is not someone not being interested

One solution I thought of without any deeper experience in this kind of tech is the possibility the reclaim PLMs with a ClaimID that is not yet been claimed and locking ETH for x days. Yes i did walked through the process in time as I do have a ClaimID. I also have a wallet address assigned to, everything ready to receive the PLM :slight_smile:.

Well hoping for the best and support from this community.

Props for @sota and team for picking up my support request and putting up a Poll. Something of great value and I have a lot of respect for taking that action!

https://forum.astar.network/t/poll-whether-we-should-issue-token-for-unclaimed-participants-of-lockdrop-2-or-not/218

6 Likes