Burn SDN Token and Make it More Deflationary

1. agree
  2. burn 80% of transaction fees and 20% goes to SDN holders.
7 Likes

Sounds experimentally interesting. I imagine a network-wide incentivisation for holding SDN through a share of its network fees.

It’s essentially taking network ownership to a higher degree.

1 Like

I do believe in a hybrid model where both can be set.

We can burn some amount of the treasury every quarter, this can be done now by the team and later be decided through on-chain governance. A certain amount (%) can be burned. I think 100% burn now is to drastic because treasury has a meaning in a community owned blockchain.

I do agree on burning transaction fee for a certain amount. It would be great if we could make it that 80% is burned and 20% will go to stakers in dApp staking as extra bonus. Give it to the community.

23 Likes

Maybe hybird model is better!

2 Likes

选择燃烧代币是明智的选择,毕竟新人喜欢通缩机制的代币

You can burn part of the treasury, although I don’t really like the idea. I believe that the team should know how to use the treasury, not burn it. And the second is not yet clear how it will work, because the combustion rate will depend on the load, if you think about it, it will be great.

this is an experimental network, so you need to try something that you would not have done on the main polkadot network)

1 Like

I agree to burn 100% of 1

I support these two proposals. Deflation is important for maintaining value. However, I think we should speed up the development of ecology. Better ecology can create greater value, such as Moonriver.

1 Like

Agree to burn SDN. Option 2 is better for me

1 Like

i agree for burning sdn

Agree on the 100% Burn on option 1.

I agree both. No objection.

1 Like

I personally don’t agree with burning 100% of treasury as the same amount can be used for Astar Development in future. However, second option is something which is more do-able. Like we can do a monthly burn event, where the collected fees, is burned at the end of one month or one Quarter.

Having said that, I agree with Maarten that we can adopt a hybrid model, where lets say 5-10% from treasury is burned rather than whole chunk!!!

2 Likes

I could not agree more for both.

Great idea, especially combining those types of burn, however, my suggestion is to burn some fixed part of the treasury, and use treasury for project needs ( hiring, grants,marketing)

2 Likes

I agree with this opinion.

I agree with option 1

Agree, we should burn gas

2 Likes

option 1 is good, but not burn everthing once. Burn gradually like daily. and please use marketing half of that. Most people don’t know Shiden, even japanese.

option 2 is great! It’s like ETH, BNB. Please start ASAP.

2 Likes