Lockdrop Redenomination Calculation and Concerns

I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying. Sadly no one will ever even at the very least acknowledge the argument that you are making. Even after it was written that you are right by saying the price for those “opportunity” tokens will drastically increase the price per token that was earned after this drastic redenomination. I am still trying to look at it from their point of view with them saying locking 10 ETH for 300 days is only worth a little over $600 USD somehow makes sense. As you can see it really does not matter because after that seriously over minted 2nd Lockdrop, we really are out of reasonable options.

Some people are comparing lockdrop with ICO. This is a mistake. Lockdrop is technically a sort of liquidity mining or staking. I am 100% sure that.

2 Likes

And if there are a lot of people willing to participate in the DOT blocking, will they accept everyone or will there be a restriction?

Ok cool let us look at the lockdrop as a staking pool or liquidity mining with an APY. So we had people look at the different pools and joined them based on the different APY that each was given while also carefully considering that there would be no chance of early withdrawal. As you would expect, the shorter the maturity date would mean a lower APY that would be received but with less risk and the further the maturity date the higher the APY. So people took all of this into consideration and choose the pool that would be most advantageous to them. The problem now is that after they were locked in their respective pools, the APY was changed. For example and I say again for example, let us consider that the pool that you joined had an advertised APY of 100% based on the time locked would now be more like .1% for the same pool. Now granted we had the privilege of joining the project at such an early stage, but the APY that those pools have been changed to is cringeworthy at best from an investor’s point of view.

2 Likes

There will be no restriction in joining the 3rd lockdrop.

I think we all agree on some basic facts: Ethereum is worth far more now than when the lockdrop happened. Also, the tokens were a fair and free distribution. Most of the goalposts were outlined before it happened.

Team did not foresee the events of the 2nd lockdrop and have taken lessons for the 3rd.

3 Likes

absolutely agree,thats that

Please don’t speak for me or make blanket statements about “most participants” without grounded data points that are collected.

I didn’t see any survey asking what I expected. Plus it wouldn’t matter because I read about this project, understood what a lockdrop was and even went and looked at how Edgeware did it. I didn’t and still don’t expect ICO gains. Any and all price prediction is meaningless. It would be naive because lockdrops are all still so new! My expectations are that I received my PLM, my opportunity cost would be 1000 days ( which I decided ) and that eventually PLM would have value once the whole parachain is up and running. If we all read what we got into then we all know that almost nothing can be guaranteed around price and that’s fine because I knew that coming in.

This is mind-blowing that this is still being addressed.

Redomination changes nothing. Thanks for being an ambassador but worrying about price and speaking on behalf of most participants is premature. If I were to make a general statement (without collected data and just guessing), I would actually say that most participants are fine with how things are progressing (collaborations, chain transfers, exposure, etc.) - it’s only a select few who bark the loudest about invisible squirrels.

Thank you Plasm Team and I hope you didn’t read all this because this topic is old and played out already. Let’s keep our emotions in place and enjoy the ride. Patience is everything :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Sadly no one will ever even understand your point because it does not make any sense as you are comparing a lockdrop to an ico which this is not. Still makes me believe you don’t know what a lock drop is and you aped in trying to get in believing something is not what is truly was. This is your mistake.

I don’t think you actually staked in any pools either if you are comparing this to pools…still you don’t get it.

lol i do think you may need to read ALL the posts and not the last ones posted. I was referring to this :

Some people are comparing lockdrop with ICO. This is a mistake. Lockdrop is technically a sort of liquidity mining or staking. I am 100% sure that.

Our CoreTeam Leader Sota had previously posted so i commented on it but thanks for your input.

1 Like

1 a token forget it Getting to 40 million has its pros and cons and I have a lot of Plasms stuck at 1,000 days. But if that's what has been decided, that's fine. Imagine that the token instead of worth 1 will be worth from 40 to 100 (very optimistic even too much).
Not bad
1.900.000 / 1.000 x 40= 76.000$ very nice number (190.000 max )

yes i think same, ico is a big different story

@dariot I think that is too optimistic. The bull run will not last that long and I believe we are more than halfway already before it ends.

The requirements to be a parachain on Polkadot are harder. You need to prove yourself in 2 different networks (Rococo and then Kusama) before going to Polkadot. This will take some time before Plasm becomes a parachain of Polkadot and this is true for any other projects since most are still under development. More info here: https://twitter.com/polkawarriors/status/1363011174359425026

The target price of Plasm is 1. Plasm worth 40-100 is possible but after many many years. You will probably withdraw your locked ETH (1000 days) first before that happens.

So your 1,900,000 will most like be $1,900 and that is being optimistic as well.

3 Likes

Hi, Sota!

I just want to suggest you think again about the price and the situation in general. Pay attention to the price of the PLM token on the OTC markets. The lowest price at the moment in the region of 10 cents. Average price is 0.15. People are ready to buy PLM tokens via escrow with security deposit. For 0.08, people buy tokens very greedily, like delicious hotcakes. For 0.05, major players are ready to buy huge amounts for millions dollars with solid seсurity deposit until the network unfreeze. These prices take into account the drop in SDN tokens. It seems, that if we cut off 3 zeros, we can assume a price in the region of $50-75 for one PLM token.

1 Like

We dont think about the price at current stage because there is no price.
We are not on any market and it’s the market that makes the price.

Be careful at OTC markets!

1 Like