Adding Treasury and dAppStaking Pallet into the displayed circulation supply

Dear Astar Community,

I’m Shun from Astar Foundation.

I’d like to include Treasury and dAppStaking pallet accounts into the circulation supply.
Those wallets will be added to our API (for our dashboard) and be reflected on websites like Coingecko and Coinmarketcap.

Related wallets:
dApp Staking pallet: (66M ASTR) Subscan | Aggregate Substrate ecological network high-precision Web3 explorer
Treasury: (317M ASTR) Subscan | Aggregate Substrate ecological network high-precision Web3 explorer

The ASTR asset in our Treasury has been added in circulation without vesting, so technically it is all available to transfer. After doing some research, we saw that Polkadot includes treasury in their circulation supply and other ecosystems as well.

Example Polkadot:

https://polkadot.api.subscan.io/api/scan/token

The ASTR accumulated on the dAppStaking pallet is all claimable meaning the token are transferrable without vesting, so it is fair to see it as part of the circulating supply.

Let me know if you have a strong opinion against it with reasonable reasons and proper data (or examples).

Thank you.

17 Likes

Thanks for sharing it, Shun.
I do agree with Astar Foundation movement.

Also, transparency is the key. We do have a lot of community members who question Astar inflation because they look to our circ. supply instead of total supply (idk why). Sharing infos like that are super valuable to the community knowledge and help our work as ambassador to educate community members.

4 Likes

Thank you for the comment.
And glad to hear your support.

About inflation this info will help the community to understand.

About usage of the treasury, this is all public and managed by Astar Governance.

Thank you!

3 Likes
Include the 2 addresses into circulating supply
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

Agreed, transparency is pretty crucial.

2 Likes

I missed this post, a great step to achieve transparency on Astar Network. Many thanks for the proposal @shnshkw

2 Likes

Agreed with this :rocket::rocket::rocket:

2 Likes

I fully agree with the proposal and i’m happy about the public consultation before the decision is taken. Ty shun

2 Likes

Great proposal. I voted yes :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Agree with it, voted with yes

1 Like

This is a good move towards transparency, plus it will allow users to get more accurate data on circulating ASTRs, thank you and well played.

2 Likes

It is very important that it is open to all. We value transparency.

1 Like

A valuable yes to your proposal. :grin:

Agreed, let’s do it👌🏼

2 Likes

Thanks Shun,lets do this !

1 Like

Agree for this purposal!

1 Like

Fully agree, transparency is important in web3

1 Like

Agreed!

Circulating supply is important for investors and ASTR holders and it must be accurate.

1 Like

Agreed! Transparency is key.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the participation. This is concluded.

3 Likes