Ambassador Program / Dual Roles

Additionally, the primary reason we have become one of the communities with the most ASTR holdings is the vision of Astar Network and undoubtedly our marketing process. (As a community, we have a treasury close to 200 million ASTR)

Fully agree on your marketing point. The entire reason i made this thread is because of ambassadors marketing projects while representing Astar. Something you have just stated you owe your current dApp staking success to (which is also not equal to a treasury of 200 million, this is false marketing imo).

If it is true what you say, and you genuinely want what is best for Astar, surely you agree that it makes sense to protect the Astar brand reputationally and introduce additional controls for the Astar Ambassador program to mitigate the existing risk for existing and future projects?

In addition to these, the Neurolanche ambassador program was launched 7 months ago. There are no Astar ambassadors in the ambassador program.

Let me tag some people then

@DrCAO
@defiguy
@Disruptor1
@MrKarahanli-Emre

All have dual roles within Neurolanche and Astar community. (dual role being Business development within NL or as ambassador).

I would welcome each and every one of them to offer their opinion in this thread for the sake of transparency.

As per the NL Ambassador program I have linked below, they receive $NEROX on a monthly basis, aswell as for reaching certain KPI targets.

So of course there is a bias and (possibly subconscious) conflict of interest here where ambassadors are financially rewarded by a project.

This can also be seen at the “1 Zero Knowledge” event where @MrKarahanli-Emre will be acting as official Astar ambassador while currently working as NL Business Development.

(linking the thread here, it’s worth a read for background: 1 Zero 1 Knowledge Event powered by Astar Network İstanbul/Turkey - #38 by Gaius_sama)

I noticed @MrKarahanli-Emre has updated his X profile to remove NL Business Development title (screenshots below)

For transparency, i would like to know why he made this decision.

I hope it’s not because he will be acting as Astar ambassador trying to appear impartial and unbiased, and introducing NL to the speakers at the event he has organized so that they can make a soft sales pitch. This is the sceptic in me suggesting this and i hope Emre can clear up the confusion.

I would hope that he answers truthfully. Screenshots attached.

Screenshot 1 - BD Neurolanche in bio

Emre 1

Screenshot 2 - BD Neurolanche removed from bio

Emre Screenshot 2

2 Likes