Astar Naming Service - Unstoppable Community Grants Program Application

Hello Mystical,

Welcome to Astar Network, and we’re thrilled to have a team looking to build a native product using WASM for our ecosystem!

I have carefully reviewed your application, but still have a few suggestions and questions about your project before making the decision to support you :

• The name of your proposal is: dApp Staking Proposal however in your full proposal you explain that you are looking to apply to the “Unstoppable Community Grants Program”. If you are looking to join the grant program, I suggest you change dApp Staking Proposal to Unstoppable Community Grants Proposal in the title of your post to make it clear to our users.

• Your proposal lacks information on :

• Project overview
    • Your team
    • Your previous work
    • A MVP if you have any
    • Involvement of security
    • Use of grant / dApp Staking
    • Appendix with links to your projects if you have any

Some information can be found in your proposal document, but should be posted directly on the forum for greater transparency. You can use this proposal as an example. You also have the Unstoppable Community Grant application guidelines available here to help you.

ANS aims to solve this problem by introducing a more versatile, feature-rich, and integrated service for Astar users and developers.

Can you explain in more detail your ideas behind “introducing a more versatile, feature-rich and integrated service for Astar users and developers” ?
What real utilities are you going to create for your domain registration service that would differentiate you from the competition?

You mention DAO several times in your proposal and in your milestones.

Can you explain what the point of having a DAO is for your project, and what model you plan to implement?
Also, DAO is an overused word in blockchain, mainly for marketing and difficult to implement and keep active, building a community is in my opinion the first and most important step in moving towards a DAO model.
I’m also concerned that you may have difficulty implementing a DAO and decentralized governance in 3 months, please see Astar’s governance model discussion to learn more about the different aspects of developing a governance model for blockchain projects.

In general, I would suggest working more on your product, its utilities for users and developers and securing partnerships with Astar projects first rather than working on your governance model.

I sincerely believe that domain naming services associated with NFTs will have a real use in the blockchain system and will be an important element of DID, but I need more detailed information about your project before taking a position.

Thank you and I look forward for your responses.

G’, Astar & Polkadot Ambassador

3 Likes