Astar Naming Service - Unstoppable Community Grants Program Application

Monthly Check-In Report for Astar Naming Service
Reporting Period: 2nd Month
Introduction
Greetings to the wonderful Astar community and our valued stakeholders,

It is with great pleasure that we present our 2nd-month progress report under the Unstoppable Community Grants program. It has been another month of dedication, innovation, and development, and we are thrilled to share our accomplishments and outline our plans for the future.

Accomplishments
Initial DAO Implementation
We have initiated the basic DAO implementation, crucial for managing collected fees and establishing decentralized governance of fee rates and future upgrades. This implementation is the necessary for empowering our community with decision-making abilities and ensuring transparent governance.

Attaching Optional EVM Address
We’ve integrated the functionality of attaching an optional EVM address, thereby extending the versatility and interoperability of our service within the Ethereum Virtual Machine environment.

Frontend Improvements
Significant enhancements have been made to our platform’s frontend, aiming to provide an intuitive and user-friendly experience for our community members.

In-Progress & Upcoming Initiatives
Refinement of DAO Structure
We are working diligently to refine and make the DAO structure deploy-ready, focusing on solidifying the governance structure and facilitating community involvement in the decision-making process.

Development of Rust (Swanky) Package
Attempts and development are underway to create a Rust (Swanky) package, broadening our development toolkit and promoting the adaptability of our service.

Exploration of DID Equivalent Name Registration
Discussions and explorations are ongoing on how to expand the name registration so that it becomes an equivalent to Decentralized Identifiers (DID), thereby enhancing the identity solutions provided by our service.

Social Media dApp Integration/Creation
We are in the process of integrating/creating a Social Media dApp that remains exclusive to name holders, adding value and exclusivity to our service.

Closing Remarks
We are filled with gratitude and enthusiasm as we reflect on the progress made during this month and anticipate the journey ahead. The contributions and continuous support from the Astar community and stakeholders have been invaluable, and we look forward to achieving more milestones together.

Please join the ongoing discussions on the Astar Forums to share your insights, feedback, and suggestions. We highly value your participation in shaping the future of the Astar Naming Service.

Warm Regards,

Mystical
Project Lead, Astar Naming Service

We remain open and receptive to your feedback and inquiries and are eager to have your continued support and active participation.

Thank you for being part of this innovative journey!

3 Likes

Thanks for the update!

Congratulations on the report!

It’s great to see that you’re making progress on multiple fronts. I’m particularly interested in the development of the Rust (Swanky) Package and the exploration of DID Equivalent Name Registration. I believe these initiatives will bring significant innovation to our ecosystem.

Nice updates. Let’s go.

Thanks for this update and glad to read that you are making good progress!
Let’s go on.

Monthly Check-In Report for Astar Naming Service

Reporting Period: Final Month of Grant Program

Introduction

Dear Astar community and esteemed stakeholders,

As we approach the end of our grant term, we wish to share the significant strides and updates the Astar Naming Service team has made during this pivotal month. Our journey through this grant period has been filled with challenges, learnings, and successes, and we’re excited to detail our achievements and plans for the immediate future.

Accomplishments

Focused Smart Contract Development

Our primary focus this month revolved around enhancing the smart contract’s capabilities. Through meticulous planning and development, we’ve integrated newer functionalities, ensuring robustness and versatility.

Local Node Testing

Extensive testing of the smart contract was performed on a local node, allowing us to diagnose, rectify, and fine-tune potential issues. The rigorous testing regime assures us of the contract’s reliability and readiness.

Readiness for Shiden Network

After comprehensive assessments and refinements, we are delighted to announce that our contract is primed and prepared for deployment on the Shiden Network.

Domain Listing and Selling Logic Integration

We’ve successfully incorporated the logic for domain listing and selling, which is an integral feature of our platform. This integration further solidifies the platform’s core functionality and value proposition.

Challenges

Frontend Development Delays

We recognize and deeply regret not meeting the stipulated timeline concerning the frontend aspect of our project. Prioritizing the smart contract’s robustness and functionality was crucial, which led to an unintended shift in our timeline. We assure the community that our commitment remains unwavering, and we will diligently work towards realizing the frontend goals.

Upcoming Initiatives

Auction Logic Implementation

In the next phase, our team will focus on implementing the auction logic, which is a significant feature aimed at enhancing the platform’s dynamism and user engagement.

User Experience & Frontend Development

Parallelly, we will also ramp up our efforts on the user experience aspect of the project. The aim is to provide an intuitive, streamlined, and seamless experience for our users.

User Onboarding

With the platform’s core functionalities coming into place, our next objective is to onboard as many users as possible, fostering growth and community engagement.

Social Media Initiatives Around ANS

We understand the importance of community outreach and engagement. To this end, we are crafting plans for a dedicated social media presence and engagement strategy surrounding the Astar Naming Service.

Closing Remarks

While this marks the end of our grant term, it is just the beginning of an exciting journey ahead for the Astar Naming Service. We are deeply grateful to the Astar community and our stakeholders for their unwavering support, patience, and belief in our vision.

Your insights, feedback, and active participation continue to be our guiding light. We invite you to join our discussions on the Astar Forums and be an integral part of our journey forward.

With sincere gratitude,

Mystical
Project Lead, Astar Naming Service

Your insights and feedback remain invaluable to us. Thank you for your trust, and we promise to continue our quest for excellence.

1 Like

Hello Mystical,

Thank you for this last report.

We can now begin the evaluation phase. The Astar community and the ambassadors will ask you questions to determine whether or not you stay in the program. It also depends on whether you choose to request an extension of your grant or to leave the program. Don’t hesitate to let us know your decision.

I have a few questions to start with:

1. It seems that you have overestimated the time needed to develop, complete and launch your product or at least an MVP. What do you think would be the extra time needed to reach these milestones?

2. So far we only have reports posted on the forum to see your work, but we’d need more evidence. Do you have a public github repo with your contracts? Any contracts deployed on Shibuya? A figma file with front-end design drafts?

Thank you

Gaius, Astar & Polkadot Ambassador :astar:

3 Likes

Hi, thank you for the final update and congratulations on your progress while being a part of UCG program! It’s great to see your team and project grow.

While your report clearly outlines the accomplishments, what lacks for me is depth of the info provided, for greater transparency before the evaluation starts.
For example, what would be nice to see includes, but is of course not limited to: some links (GH, social media, etc), screenshots, more info on testing outcomes, maybe a roadmap which would be up to date with what you’ve achieved and delays, some more info on upcoming Initiatives etc. In short, it would be great to see more “how’s” rather than just “what’s”.

Thank you,
Sofiya (Astar Substrate Team BD)

1 Like

With no response from the Astar Naming Service team and the end of the UCG grant period.

Let’s vote to delist Astar Naming Service from dApp Staking.

Remove Astar Naming Service from dApp Staking:
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
2 Likes

Totally agree delisting. If the team do not show up to answer the community questions and give use the updates, then do not make sense supporting them.

Our core value is transparency, commitment and development. I stick with these 3 word to vote and defend our community.

1 Like

Also voted yes toward the delisting!

1 Like

For now Iivoted yes to delisting, but if there is a response(s) from the team and a greater proximity to bringing updates to the Astar community, i may change my vote.

1 Like

If there is no response from the project team and no product demo, I support the delisting.

1 Like

Without any update from the team it’s hard to justify ANS presence on the dApp staking portal. Hope to receive any answer from the team. Voted YES for the delisting

1 Like

Voted Yes. I think projects should be very active if they get rewards. That should be the benchmark for all dApps getting reward and building on Astar.

1 Like

I vote in favor of them exclusion due to them mismanagement.

1 Like

Agree, I think their team received several messages and warnings from core team and community via forum.

2 Likes

I agree to delist them.
It seems they do not understand the intent of the UCG.

2 Likes

Next time I suggest to ask MVP at least

2 Likes

I vote for Delist.
A report based on text alone is not credible, and if there is no response on top of that, it is not worth talking about.
It seems that we need to raise the bar for materials to be submitted.

1 Like