Community Anthem Proposal

Name of Proposal

ASTAR Community Anthem by Cryptic Entertainments

Proposal overview

Introduction :

Cryptic Entertainments

We are an Edutainment venture working diligently for the crypto ecosystem. Cryptic Entertainments is home to directors, editors, musicians, mix engineers, cinematographers, illustrators, producers, and other geeky, cool, misfits tied together by our one true love—Crypto. Committed to the highest quality production of Art pieces like films, music videos, web series, and short movies. The company platform envisions pioneering, innovative arts that aim to entertain and educate worldwide audiences.

Services we offer:

The vision behind Cryptic Entertainments:

We believe art is the most powerful tool to bring revolution around the world. There are numerous examples in the world that proves it right. We believe taking crypto and blockchain to masses art is the way forward. At Cryptic we assembled a team who understands crypto, believes in crypto and loves crypto. We make songs where we give our complete heart and try to bring masses to the biggest revolution going in human history fuelled by Technology. After co-founding Finstreet and taking it to a community of 4 million I am working on cryptic to take the edutainment route to educate people about cryptocurrency and blockchain. Our only focus is to make people aware of the crypto and blockchain through the art route.

Music, in particular, has a colorful history when it comes to bringing change to the world. It’s a universal language that transcends borders. In 2009, a Somali-Canadian artist wrote a song for Somalia, about the struggles of his country and the hopes of its people. A year later, the song was rewritten and performed by 50+ artists to spread awareness and raise funds for Haiti after the devastating earthquake of 2010. The same year, it also became Coca-Cola’s FIFA anthem. A single song had amassed such a massive history in a little over a year― K’naan’s Wavin’ Flag was not just a song - it was an experience that millions shared, it was a message of hope that brought nations together.

As an entrepreneur, the soul of a musician was always beneath me and I feel this should be used to spread awareness for the biggest revolution going on in humankind’s history.

I envision Music as a strong gateway for the masses to learn about this revolution which aspires to be borderless and permissionless.

I have spent the last four years removing doubts from people’s minds about the crypto world. I believe by creating mass appealing music and art we can cater to the doubts or any sort of misunderstanding into the minds of the general public.

Problem Description:

Masses feel blockchain and crypto are quite technical in nature. There’s a requirement of the medium through which we can onboard masses into this ecosystem. We need an innovative medium of taking our message to the masses.

Solution Approach:

We will be making a community anthem highlighting different features like dapp staking along with the recent developments in the ASTAR. It will help reach out to the people about what ASTAR does and educate them about the ecosystem.

We will be providing the following to make sure we reach to masses about ASTAR:

1. Original Soundtrack
  2. Album Art
  3. Lyrical Video
  4. Musical Video (4k Ultra HD)
  5. Pre Roll Act (Teaser)
  6. Musical Memes
  7. Distribution across 25+ music streaming platforms

Detailed Technical Plan and Statement of Work:

Plan of action:

Week 1: Research & Setup

We’ll be finalizing the following after discussing with your team

• Music genre
  • Theme,
  • Basic lyrical ideas
  • Special inclusion etc.

Week 2: Audio draft

The First Audio draft will be submitted to your team for feedback before sending it to the final process of mixing and mastering.

Week 3: Revision + Audio finalization

Audio will be finalized as per the feedback received from your team. The track will be mixed and mastered as per international standards in 1 week of audio finalization

Week4: Video draft + final Audio

Video draft will be submitted along with the final audio. The finishing touch will be given as soon as we get the feedback from your team

Week5: Revision + finalization + publishing

The full project (both audio and video) will be shared with your team by the end of week 5.

The soundtrack will be published on all the discussed channels as per your team’s desired schedule.

We use the following cameras for video shooting:

• Camera - Sony Fx3 with 24mm/35mm/ 85mm lens
  • Other equipment: - Gimbal - Zhiyun Crane 2
  • Simpex Studio lights
  • Editing system - Macbook Pro 16 inch
  • Vfx desktop - i9 processor / 32 GB 3200 mhz RAM / AMD 8GB graphic card

For Audio we use the following:

• Mics: Neumann U87
  • Preamps: Neve
  • Audio Interface: RME

The Flow process for Community Anthem:

Audio

• Stage 1 - Lyrics
  • Stage 2 - Melody (Composition)
  • Stage 3 - Production
  • Stage 4 - Live Instruments Recording(if any)
  • Stage 5 - Vocals Recording (In-studio)
  • Stage 6 - Mixing
  • Stage 7 - Mastering

Video

• Stage 1 - Scripting
  • Stage 2 - Location Setup (Lighting, Costumes, Make-up & Props)
  • Stage 3 - Shoot (Filming Performers)
  • Stage 4 - VFX and Graphics
  • Stage 5 - Editing
  • Stage 6 - Digital Intermediate

Budget

Funds from the grant will be used in the following activities-

A) HR cost which includes the following people:

1. Lyricist
  2. Composer,
  3. Music Producer, Instrumentalists (if any)
  4. 1-2 Lead Vocalists
  5. 2-4 backing Vocalists
  6. Recording Engineer
  7. Mix Engineer
  8. Mastering Engineer
  9. Director
  10. DOP
  11. Editor
  12. 2-3 Runners
  13. 1-2 Performers
  14. Digital Intermediary

B) Setup cost

1. Recording equipment (Camera, Lighting, mic, etc.)
  2. Infrastructure cost (Recording studio, Video set, etc.)
  3. Miscellaneous expenses

We are requesting a grant of $6,500.

2 Likes

Please refer to our previous work for Polygon Community Anthem: https://twitter.com/Cryptic_Media/status/1441028384503394322?s=20

1 Like

Good advice in this program

2 Likes

@WANGFROG thank you for your kind support.

Can we know what kind of lyrics are you going to make?

@moonme , we will make the lyrics according to the points team wants to highlight as in dapp staking or something else also. We will mutually decide with the marketing team to ensure the sync in the message. Community Anthem | Cryptic Entertainments This form will be used to take the inputs to ensure the sync.

We will use the lyrics which will highlight certain features like dapp staking etc. along with other key pointers provided by the team. We will mutually decide along with the team to make sure the sync in the message.

@moonme we will use the following form to collect the inputs from the team: Community Anthem | Cryptic Entertainments

Hi team, thank you for all your positive feedback. Please guide us on the further process of grant approval.

Based on the feedback that we got from the ambassadors:

1. The Polygon lyrics were to repetitive.
  2. $6.5k is too much.

Lyrics of Polygon track

Verse 1

Tired of high gas fees
This damn UX sucks
And there’s no sovereignty
No special framework

But this internet of blockchains
Has made my worries stop
Scale your decentralised app
In just half an hour

Just use polygon
It does things that can’t be done × 2

Verse 2

Has so much modularity
Secure and scalable
Interoperability
A special framework

This internet of blockchains
Has made my worries stop
Scale your decentralized app
In just half an hour

Just use polygon
It does things that can’t be done × 2

Apart from the hook line, there is no repetition. Lyrics will be mutually decided upon after discussion with the team. We can make sure no repetition easily in lyrics.

1 Like

Regarding pricing, we create an original song with entirely original lyrics and music composition. We provide high-quality audio with 4K UHD video. More than 15 members work on this project. Our cost is less than the industry average for original content.

Hi team,

I hope I am able to clear all the doubts regarding the proposal. Please feel free to mention if there is any additional information or details required to get the final go-ahead for the proposal.

Thank you.

@sota @Maarten , looking forward to your feedback on the proposal.

I’m still confused about what we should do with the song after this is created?
To know more about a feature, people are not going to listen to a song. I still don’t see the benefits of having this.

I’m not in favor of using treasury, community funds or grants for this proposal. Maybe some DAO’s are interested?

I will start a poll for this very soon so the community can decide.
@Ambassadors please have a look.

Thank you @Maarten for your feedback.

This anthem will help increase the brand recall value of the project into the space and at the same time provide multiple community activation options like short video dance challenge, meme challenge, etc.

Please refer to our recently released Filecoin anthem:

2 Likes

Additionally, this anthem can be used in all the marketing and educational materials for the project giving uniformity across the content created. It can be used as a strong community activation campaign on Twitter etc.