Let’s make brainstorm!

While writing this, I want to emphasize that I am completely expressing myself as a Astar enthusiast and ambassador;

We have achieved great things so far, and with the Astar Zk Evm launch, I hope we’ll witness Astar’s presence in strong communities and major projects.

As you know, the biggest hype on the ZkEvm side comes from the struggle for AirDrop by users, significant grants for projects, and the awards they receive. As a user and developer, I’ve always opposed the AirDrop system because it creates an artificial environment, luring users with the reward-gain system, akin to Ivan Pavlov’s theory in psychology. Essentially, it results in acquiring a fake active user base.

Despite this ongoing process, blockchain communities are rapidly growing due to this AirDrop, reaching a certain user count. As Astar Network, having ASTR tokens, conducting an AirDrop currently seems challenging. How will we compete with our strong rivals in ZkEvm?

I have some ideas regarding these, and I’d like to list them:

1. Introduce many web2 companies to Astar ZkEvm through Startale.
  2. Reach millions by accessing the everyday users of web2 companies.
  3. Incorporate projects into our ecosystem with a new dApp staking system, promoting fairness even without AirDrops.
  4. Carefully select new projects, focusing on contributing to the Astar ecosystem rather than just farming.
  5. Add a certain amount of tokens from potential future projects to the Astar pool for AirDrops.
  6. Utilize our new Ambassador system to focus ambassadors on local communities, encouraging more interaction with users.
  7. Conduct live events like weekly TAB for Polkadot OpenGov on Astar Forum.
  8. Encourage more usage of the Astar Forum by users.
  9. Integrate Astar ZkEvm with NFT marketplaces like opensea and blur to attract global NFT communities.
  10. Build the future.

These are some examples that came to mind. While I believe in the strong work of the Astar team, I have academic experience in community building. If you have any ideas, feel free to share them in the comments; perhaps the Astar Core team could benefit from them.

Let’s build the future.
Best regards,
Leo

4 Likes

Leo’s post outlines a strategic plan to enhance Astar Network’s growth and presence, particularly with the launch of Astar ZkEvm. Here’s a breakdown of how his ideas can be implemented:

Introduce Web2 Companies to Astar ZkEvm via Startale:
Develop partnerships with Web2 companies to facilitate their transition to Web3.
Offer technical support and resources through Startale to ease their integration with Astar ZkEvm.

Organize workshops and webinars to educate these companies about the benefits and functionalities of Astar ZkEvm.

Reach Millions by Accessing Everyday Users of Web2 Companies:
Leverage the existing user base of Web2 companies to introduce them to Astar’s ecosystem.
Create user-friendly guides and tutorials for Web2 users to understand and utilize Astar’s features.
Initiate marketing campaigns targeting Web2 audiences.

Incorporate Projects into Our Ecosystem with a New dApp Staking System:
Develop a dApp staking system that rewards users and developers for contributing to the ecosystem.
Focus on staking incentives that promote long-term growth and sustainable development.

Carefully Select New Projects Focused on Contributing to the Astar Ecosystem:
Establish criteria for projects to join the Astar ecosystem, prioritizing those that offer unique value.
Implement a vetting process to ensure projects align with Astar’s goals and community standards.

Add Tokens from Future Projects to the Astar Pool for AirDrops:
Collaborate with upcoming projects to allocate a portion of their tokens for AirDrop events within the Astar community.
Ensure transparency and fairness in the distribution of these tokens.

Utilize the New Ambassador System for Local Community Engagement:
Assign ambassadors to specific regions to foster community growth and engagement.
Organize local meetups, workshops, and events to strengthen community bonds.

Conduct Live Events like Weekly TAB for Polkadot OpenGov on Astar Forum:
Regularly host live discussions, AMAs, and forums to engage the community.
Use these platforms to discuss governance, upcoming projects, and community proposals.

Encourage More Usage of the Astar Forum by Users:
Incentivize participation in the forum through gamification or rewards.
Regularly update the forum with engaging content, Q&A sessions, and development updates.

Integrate Astar ZkEvm with NFT Marketplaces like OpenSea and Blur:
Develop technical integrations and partnerships with major NFT platforms.
Showcase Astar’s NFT capabilities and projects to attract NFT enthusiasts and creators.

Build the Future:
Foster an environment of innovation and creativity within the Astar community.
Encourage community-driven projects and collaborations.

By implementing these strategies, Astar can potentially increase its user base, diversify its ecosystem, and strengthen its position in the competitive landscape of blockchain and decentralized finance.

2 Likes

It is very interesting and important what you propose Leo, mainly because I don’t agree with the AirDrops system either, but I understand that much of the crypto ecosystem moves like this and at this point we must put aside our likes or dislikes and couple ourselves to the market.

Both your idea and the methods proposed by @dwulf69 are practical and achievable, working with localities, web2 and web3 companies and creating guidelines to drive development in Astar is vital. For my part, I like it and I would like us to carry out the idea.

2 Likes

All of these ideas are quite interesting. Could you please answer a few questions?

1. Do you have any target and timeline in mind for each idea? This will be a great information to Startale. They will understand that the more detailed the information, the better.

2. What are the plans for income or expenses?

3. Do you have any goals for doing this? For example, you want Astar zkEVM to have the highest TVL in the top 10 by 2025. This will help us plan and take action in the same direction.

1 Like

My personal spin on this is to incorporate a BizDev approach to on-boarding new users.

BizDev Approach for Onboarding Users to Polkadot, Astar, and Phala

I. Executive Summary

Purpose: Empower individuals and businesses with knowledge and tools to navigate and leverage the potential of Polkadot, Astar, and Phala networks, ensuring a smooth transition to decentralized finance (DeFi).

Target Audience: Users ranging from novices in the crypto world to enterprises seeking to integrate blockchain technology into their operations.

Service Offerings:

• Basic: Introduction to blockchain fundamentals, focusing on Polkadot, Astar, and Phala ecosystems.
  • Intermediate: Personalized consulting on asset migration to DeFi, leveraging Polkadot’s unique interoperability features.
  • Advanced: Custom business solutions utilizing Astar and Phala’s capabilities for smart contracts and privacy-enhanced transactions.
  • Premium: Enterprise-grade solutions with full-scale Substrate-based blockchain development and integration.

Unique Value Proposition: Providing a guided, secure path to DeFi through expert knowledge and hands-on assistance, focusing on the unique benefits of Polkadot, Astar, and Phala.

II. Strategy and Implementation

Educational Outreach

• Workshops and Webinars: Conduct educational sessions covering blockchain basics, with a focus on the Polkadot ecosystem.
  • Online Resources: Develop and distribute comprehensive guides and tutorials tailored to the Polkadot, Astar, and Phala platforms.

Personalized Consulting

• One-on-One Sessions: Offer personal guidance for individuals and businesses on leveraging Polkadot’s cross-chain functionality and Astar & Phala’s features.
  • DeFi Transition Plans: Craft strategies for clients to transition from traditional finance to DeFi, emphasizing asset security and portfolio diversification.

Business Integration

• Enterprise Solutions: Develop tailored solutions for businesses, harnessing Substrate for building custom blockchains or parachains aligned with organizational needs.
  • Smart Contract Development: Utilize Astar’s smart contract capabilities for business applications, and Phala’s privacy-preserving computation for sensitive data handling.

Community Building

• Engagement Initiatives: Foster a community around Polkadot, Astar, and Phala through forums, social media, and partnerships.
  • Collaborative Projects: Encourage community-led projects and DAOs, providing technical support and guidance.

III. Market Positioning and Growth

• Brand Identity: Establish as a trusted, knowledgeable guide into the Polkadot, Astar, and Phala ecosystems.
  • Partnerships: Collaborate with key players in the blockchain space to extend reach and enhance service offerings.
  • Growth Strategy: Expand services in line with advancements in Polkadot, Astar, and Phala, and adapt to emerging trends in blockchain and DeFi.

IV. Conclusion

A comprehensive BizDev approach centered on education, personal guidance, and tailored solutions positions this service as a bridge for users transitioning to the decentralized world of Polkadot, Astar, and Phala. This strategy caters to a diverse audience, from beginners to enterprises, facilitating a smoother and more informed entry into the world of DeFi and blockchain.

In all sincerity, BizDev can be applied to any chain, even EVM chains, but it is my belief that Polkadot’s security strength and Astar’s and Phala’s customized smart contract systems make professional enterprise solutions a ready made play for Astar, and its dApps.

1 Like

Totally, very good strategy to carry out the plan, all very well structured, good job!