We propose to open HRMP communication between Shiden Network and Crust Shadow. This will require actions on both chains.
We propose to open a bi-directional channel between Shiden Network and Crust Shadow. The primary use cases will be:
- To enable IPFS-based decentralized storage solutions for devs in the Shiden ecosystem (e.g. directly place storage orders on Crust’s decentralized storage network by calling smart contracts on Shiden).
- After reserve_transfer is enabled, users will be able to use their assets on top of Shiden Network to pay for decentralized storage orders on Crust Network’s IPFS nodes.
- $CRU can be transferred to Shiden to be used in the ecosystem of Shiden Network and the protocols build on top of the network.
There is no on-chain proposal. The proposal created in this forum acts as an official proposal between Crust Shadow and Shiden Network.
The procedure for opening the channels is as follows:
- Crusr Shadow initializes a proposal to open Crust Shadow to the Shiden Network HRMP channel via the Astar forum.
- Wait until the proposal on step 1 gets approved & enacted.
- Onboard your testnet on the Rococo relay chain and exchange public endpoints and parachain-ids.
- Wait until onboarding was successful on testnet.
- Shiden Network proposes to accept the Crust Shadow to Shiden Network HRMP channel and open a Shiden Network to Crust Shadow HRMP channel via [Astar MuliSig Governance Batch call].
- Wait until the proposal on step 5 gets approved & enacted.
- Crust Shadow accepts the Shiden Network to Crust Shadow HRMP channel.
- Wait for another session on Kusama/or/Polkadot for the change to be effective.
These extrinsics need to be called with the parachain’s sovereign account as the origin. To achieve this, on the Crust Shadow side we will use polkadot-xcm pallet to send XCM message to the relay chain, by executing the following extrinsic from the parachain. Shiden Network should make an open request call and an accept request call with its pallet.
As a prerequisite, the parachain’s sovereign account must contain at least 10 KSM to be locked as collateral (5 for each channel direction), plus some KSM to pay for XCM execution fees.