We propose to open HRMP communication between Shiden Network and Khala Network. This will require actions on both chains.
We propose to open a bi-directional channel between Shiden Network and Khala Network. The primary use cases will be:
- To enable cross-parachain routing and support transferring Shiden’s ecosystem assets to Ethereum via SubBridge.
- $PHA can be transferred to Shiden to be used in the ecosystem of Shiden Network and the protocols build on top of the network.
- When Khala Network’s Fat Contract comes to live, developers in Shiden’s ecosystem will be able to build use cases with Fat Contract which allows sending HTTP requests from smart contracts. Developers will be able to utilize fat contract and XCM to build TEE-based price feed oracle, social data oracle, etc. for Shiden’s ecosystem.
- To transfer Shiden’s ecosystem assets to Khala Network so they can be privatized and transferred confidentially and anonymously.
There is no on-chain proposal. The proposal created in this forum acts as an official proposal between Khala Network and Shiden Network.
The procedure for opening the channels is as follows:
- Khala Network initializes a proposal to open Khala Network to the Shiden Network HRMP channel via the Astar forum.
- Wait until the proposal on step 1 gets approved & enacted.
- Onboard your testnet on the Rococo relay chain and exchange public endpoints and parachain-ids.
- Wait until onboarding was successful on testnet.
- Shiden Network proposes to accept the Khala Network to Shiden Network HRMP channel and open a Shiden Network to Khala Network HRMP channel via [Astar MuliSig Governance Batch call].
- Wait until the proposal on step 5 gets approved & enacted.
- Khala Network accepts the Shiden Network to Khala Network HRMP channel.
- Wait for another session on Kusama/or/Polkadot for the change to be effective.
These extrinsics need to be called with the parachain’s sovereign account as the origin. To achieve this, on the Khala Network side we will use polkadot-xcm pallet to send XCM message to the relay chain, by executing the following extrinsic from the parachain. Shiden Network should make an open request call and an accept request call with its pallet.
As a prerequisite, the parachain’s sovereign account must contain at least 10 KSM to be locked as collateral (5 for each channel direction), plus some KSM to pay for XCM execution fees.