Providing Liquidity for LAY

Thank you for the great discussion. I value both the community’s feedback and Starlay’s comments. As a moderator, I would like to propose a compromise. How about the following idea?

Background

• Starlay: Want to use Astar’s treasury to stabilize the LAY’s price and boost TVL.
  • Community: Have a concern about Starlay’s past activities.
  • Core team: KPI we are tracking is TVL. By providing liquidity, the treasury can have ARSW tokens and increase TVL.

Solution
To find a compromise, I would like to ask Starlay’s team to show us the roadmap for the next 3 months. Since the 1-year loan is long, our community can terminate the liquidity provision anytime after the initial 3 months. If their development is great and shows the community strong commitments, the community can extend the period up to 1 year.

At this moment, our ecosystem is still early and we need to bring more DOTs from Polkadot to Astar to become an asset hub on Polkadot. Lending is definitely the most attractive use case for DOT holders and this use case boosts our TVL since people don’t need to make a pair to deposit DOTs. Hope we can find a win-win solution for all.

23 Likes