Request and accept HRMP channels with Turing Network

TL:DR

I propose to open bi-directional (request and accept) HRMP channels between Shiden and Turing.

Proposal

The OAK Network requests Astar governance approval to open bi-directional HRMP channels between Shiden and the Turing Network, Kusama’s hub for trustless automation.

OAK Network seeks to enable Turing’s native token (TUR) to be transferred to Shiden and traded with native and foreign tokens.

Cross-consensus messaging (XCM) enables OAK to automate any extrinsic or smart contract function on the Shiden blockchain without taking custody of private keys or crypto. Trustless automation unlocks rich user experiences including scheduled and recurring payments, stable-cost-averaging, and automatically-compounding staking, LP, and money market rewards.

Steps to enact this proposal would be the same as other parachains who have opened HRMP channels with Shiden.

• The extrinsics need to be called with the parachain’s sovereign account as origin.
  • Sovereign accounts for both parachains must contain at least 10 KSM to be locked as collateral (5 for each channel direction), plus some KSM to pay for xcm execution fees.

Extrinsics

See also: HRMP channels and you

1. :outbox_tray: Request to open HRMP channel with Turing:

hrmp.hrmpInitOpenChannel(recipient: 2114, proposedMaxCapacity: 1000, proposedMaxMessageSize: 102400)

1. :white_check_mark: Accept the request from Turing to open HRMP channel:

hrmp.hrmpAcceptOpenChannel(sender: 2114)

*Assumption: Turing Network requests to open channel with Shiden

About Turing Network:

As Kusama’s hub for trustless automation, Turing Network (OAK’s canary network) enables multi-chain apps to schedule and automate execution of any transaction or smart contract function. OAK is built for cross-chain automation, allocating 100% of block space to storing and triggering transaction execution on connected blockchains . OAK’s event-driven execution model enables executing blockchain transaction based on time, price, or state change of another chain or smart contract.

9 Likes

Interoperability between parachains is key for kusama and polkadot!

100% support opening channels between Parachains!
Could you briefly explain what are the benefits of opening HRMP for Shiden and Turing.
Thanks.

I’m glad you asked!

I’d encourage you to check out this post from Matt @ OAK discussing HRMP as it relates to Turing.

OAK (and its canary network, Turing) are built to provide automation to the dotsama ecosystem. A dapp that is built on another parachain can enable its users to schedule or automate any task by sending the transaction and trigger instructions to OAK. When the conditions have been “triggered”, OAK communicates those instructions back to Shiden to execute the transaction for the user, via XCM.

Turing currently supports time-based automation, enabling use cases including recurring payments, stable-cost-averaging, and auto-compounding for staking, liquidity, and money market rewards.

4 Likes

Yes! I’ve been waiting for this one!
Looking forward to opening up the channels.

4 Likes
Open HRMP channel with Turing on Shiden Network
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Great proposal. Casting my vote right away!