We propose to open HRMP communication between Shiden Network and SORA. This will require actions on both chains.
We propose to open a bi-directional channel between Shiden Network and SORA. The primary use cases will be:
- To transfer Astar’s ecosystem assets to SORA so they can be privatized and transferred confidentially and anonymously.
- $XOR and other SORA network assets can be transferred to Shiden to be used in the ecosystem of Shiden Network and the protocols build on top of the network.
There is no on-chain proposal. The proposal created in this forum acts as an official proposal between SORA and Shiden Network.
Technical details (WIP)
The procedure for opening the channels is as follows:
- SORA initializes a proposal to open SORA Kusama to the Shiden Network HRMP channel via the Astar forum.
- Wait until the proposal on step 1 gets approved & enacted.
- Onboard your testnet on the Rococo relay chain and exchange public endpoints and parachain-ids.
- Wait until onboarding was successful on testnet.
- Shiden Network proposes to accept the SORA Kusama parachain to Shiden Network HRMP channel and open an Shiden Network to SORA Kusama HRMP channel via [Astar MuliSig Governance Batch call].
- Wait until the proposal on step 5 gets approved & enacted.
- SORA accepts the Shiden Network to SORA Kusama HRMP channel.
- Wait for another session on Kusama/ for the change to be effective.
These extrinsics need to be called with the parachain’s sovereign account as the origin. To achieve this, on the SORA Kusama side we will use polkadot-xcm pallet to send XCM message to the relay chain, by executing the following extrinsic from the parachain. Shiden Network should make an open request call and an accept request call with its pallet.
As a prerequisite, the parachain’s sovereign account must contain at least 10 KSM/ to be locked as collateral (5/or/10 for each channel direction), plus some KSM to pay for XCM execution fees.
Definitely supporting this proposal, let’s connect!
Hi Sora team,
Thanks for submitting this proposal to make the DotSama ecosystem more interoperable
For sure, all the interested members already know your project and the benefits, which this HRMP will bring, but it would be better and great if you can share
- some introduction of your project and for example Sora Card
- what brings your project to open an HRMP with Shiden
- any official links for social media/Discord so that the community members can visit
Hello Sora team,
Thanks for your proposal.
I’m interested in learning more about why your project is choosing to open a HEMP on Shiden. Could you elaborate on that?
This forum is being viewed by various people. Please do share information about your project.
Thank you for your questions.
- SORA is a decentralized economic system that works toward improving money through blockchain technology and productivity-focused monetary policy. SORA card is a way that users of the SORA network can access traditional economies through a debit card and an EU IBAN (bank account), backed with self-custodial DeFi tools such as Polkaswap.
- The SORA community has a Kusama parachain and in the spirit of interoperability that the Substrate space brings, opening an HRMP with Shiden is a natural step forward to achieve it. SORA network users are also happy to access Shiden tokens.
- The community can visit the SORA Wiki, X, and Telegram accounts.
I hope this answers some of your questions initially and I am happy to answer any more doubts you or anyone else from the network may have about SORA!
Thank you for your question. The main reason for opening the HRMP channel is that your work is admirable as a fellow Kusama parachain.
Opening a communication channel between the networks is a great way to foster the interoperability of the Substrate space.
I have shared some information about SORA in response to Pithecus, but if you have any specific questions, I’ll be happy to answer.
Thanks and best
thanks for the quick response and the info you have shared. Indeed, it helps to know more about Sora Network.
By the way, your username is quite impressive and easy to remember!
I just saw subscan of Sora and the number of holders already more than 870k (currently, Shiden is at around 600k). I think this number not at all small, and I was curious if there is any possible clue to support it, perhaps marketing or dex or active community?
Can you perhaps share upcoming milestone(s) you would like to achieve on Sora Network, if any?
You use the same name of project for both Polkadot and Kusama, if I am not mistaken? My apologies for really basic question… I was curious if there is any specific reason for having the channel with Shiden rather than Astar. Or would you plan it as the next step?
Sora Network and Shiden connects Of course! Great proposal, this will improve Shiden’s expansion by far.
I also support this proposal.
Thank you for the follow-up questions. I’m happy that you are involved in and interested in the proposals set forth by the community. To address each one;
- The users in SORA are partly due to the active community and Polkaswap Dex. As I mentioned, Polkaswap aims to foster the network’s interoperability by providing all users with a one-stop decentralised platform to get all the ecosystem tokens they need without using a CEX. I invite you and other Shiden community members to give Polkaswap.io a try.
- This HRMP channel opening is a milestone; the SORA community is working very hard to provide decentralised access to finance for everyone and collaborating with project teams to make their tokens available and accessible to all users. There is a community-led roadmap called the SORA Integrated Plan that we work to implement and follow, which has different tracks. Here is more information. Some other milestones include obtaining a Polkadot parachain and opening HRMP channels with fellow projects.
- You are correct; SORA is the name for the Kusama and, eventually, Polkadot projects. And you are also right. Opening an HRMP channel with Astar is the next step once we have the Polkadot parachain, and we also hope to have your support then.
I hope I addressed your questions, and I look forward to addressing any follow-up you or the community may have!
Thank you again.
thanks for the detailed answers and feedback!
Hope all the discussion on this thread be active and productive and a good chance to share Sora Network to Astar/Shiden Network!
Catswithouthats, thanks for answering.
I support to open this HRMP channel
Great. Would like to see yhis proposal pass. Thanks for your application
Nice! Let’s open more and more channels between Kusama ecosystem.
Glad to support this proposal Will wait for future updates
Voted no because no clear value for Shiden to have an open connection with Sora instead the asset. What are the use-cases?
Hi Maarten, thank you for your question. To summarise, this fosters the interoperable nature of Substrate networks. More specific use cases include another marketplace where users can access the network tokens and SORA network tokens within Shiden. Users from Shiden can access the ETH, multi-EVM and Substrate bridge infrastructure available within SORA. Users from other ecosystems will have decentralised access to the SDN token, and opening the channel will give your users access to another network within the Shiden portal.
I hope this answers your question,
Definitely supporting this proposal,