Setting Astar Network community and governance culture

Thank you for the information.
Maybe I saw him sometimes in livestreams, community calls, etc…
But I didn’t recognize him as CTO. Why?? I don’t know.

Hoon is Great CTO = GTO.
( Only Japanese understand my JOKE. Sorry. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: )

And, I think the reason is because there have been NO technically important issue this past year,
( Although the fact is not so. ) :four_leaf_clover: for community in forum discussion.

We just follow you, Astar & Startail teams. :star2:
We are dust of Star tail ? Or just Wish upon A star ? :pray:

Our second post regarding the detailed technical specification of the governance model is now out

7 Likes

Thanks Hoon for such a detailed post about the current state of affairs. There is a lot to unbox but I truly believe that a well developed voting/governance model can help us decide on certain aspects later on (approval of a cultural norms, proposal types, % of treasury allocation, technical roadmaps, etc.). As well as deciding on, or if, a “rule book” is created. I would love to see this as one of the first Townhall votes with this thread linked in.

I have always believed the dapp staking can serve as a battery/engine to the project and shouldn’t be its business model. So the above quote rings even more true as the stakers make the call with their tokens on which engines run the hardest.

I want to bring up ShidenDAO again. Besides a couple of builders (guigou really) building I still think its fundamental to try it out the Townhall there first and foremost. I would even say to decide on the future of our canary network with Townhall.

Imo it should be done with the simplest form of Townhall, prior to the govtoken implementation. Being that only a couple of dapps would actually participate.

Thanks again and will be following closely.

6 Likes

I have always believed the dapp staking can serve as a battery/engine to the project and shouldn’t be its business model. So the above quote rings even more true as the stakers make the call with their tokens on which engines run the hardest.

This is my opinion. I thought dAppStaking very clearly indicates what it is.
Future projects applying for dApp Staking should definitely have this understanding.

1 Like

Hi @hoonkim thx you so much for making this post! I’ve read it (along with your previous thread regarding Astar Gov mechanism), also already checked the UI of the townhall. The one part of your post which I totally agree is : dApp Staking isn’t a funding or charity mechanism. I like This is one of the thing that we discussed back then in Starbuck when you visited my town last year. And happy to knew that “real” Astar governance is slowly happening right now.

One thing that I’m worried regarding governance is the engagement of the users itself, also worried regarding bounty, worried this will be turning like Polkadot current OpenGov. It’s no secret that we all see one whale ruined (in my PoV) Dot treasury especially regarding marketing bounty.

However, with the presence of dApp Staking, it is one of the primary lucrative features for builders to build on top of us. Myself believe in the future, all the projects should already had a public working alpha first before applying to dApp Staking if they are new project. With this I believe Astar will become the home for innovations.

2 Likes

Myself believe in the future, all the projects should already had a public working alpha first before applying to dApp Staking if they are new project.

Regarding the above point, I also believe it should be so. When applying for dApp Staking, even if there are still few users, it is desirable that an alpha version or RC version has already been provided.
Otherwise, users may not know whether they can expect the dApp in the future or whether they should support it. This is because there are many things that cannot be understood without actually touching and experiencing them, not just from documents (such as websites and white papers).

Gradually, I am pleased that the utilization for the builders of dApp Staking is becoming clear.

For the governance platform, are you willing to use something like Subsquare or Polkassembly, or would it be better to create our own platform in this case?

1 Like