Zenlink - Builders Program Application

Dear Astarians, this is Lu1 from the Zenlink team, as the builders of the first native cross-chain DEX protocol based on Polkadot, we are really excited to be building on the Astar network and I would like to apply for the builders’ program for our project.

Project Overview

Zenlink is an underlying cross-chain DEX protocol based on Polkadot and is committed to becoming the DEX composable hub of Polkadot. By accessing the ultimate, open, and universal cross-chain DEX protocol based on Substrate, Zenlink DEX Protocol enables all parachains to build DEX and achieve liquidity sharing in one click. Zenlink DEX Protocol includes Module, WASM, and EVM implementations, which are flexible and adaptable, allowing for customizable compositions and interoperability with different DeFi modules.

In addition, the Zenlink DEX Aggregator connects all DEX DApps on Polkadot and aggregates liquidity, providing users a low slippage trading experience. Zenlink DEX Composable Hub enables developers to access the Zenlink DEX Module to build their own unique DEXs, forming a DEX composable hub for the Polkadot ecosystem.

Zenlink has received 2 rounds of Web3 Foundation Grants and investments from well-known institutions such as Alameda Research, Hashkey, IOSG, OKX Blockdream Ventures, and Hypersphere.

Currently, Zenlink is live on Bifrost, Moonriver, and Moonbeam, and Astar is the next primary parachain we plan to integrate.

Zenlink Tokenomics (New Tokenomics in progress)

Zenlink will issue only one set of ZLK tokens on both the Kusama and Polkadot networks, with a maximum supply of 100 million. In both networks, a 40% and 60% distribution ratio will be followed, i.e. 40% of the tokens (40m ZLK) will be issued on the Kusama network and 60% of the tokens (60m ZLK) will be issued on the Polkadot network.

(We plan to distribute the remaining 10M ZLK on the Astar network)

The specific distribution is as follows:

Learn more about Zenlink Tokenomics: https://wiki.zenlink.pro/resources/tokenomics

General Functions

We are planning to deploy the full functions of Zenlink to Astar Network, which include:

• Hybrid AMM
    • Standard AMM whose underlying algorithm is inspired by Uniswap.
    • Stable AMM whose underlying algorithm is inspired by Curve.
  • Smart Router: it can calculate the best swap routine for users.
  • LP Farming & Staking: LPs can deposit their LP tokens into the contract to earn incentives after supplying liquidity to farming pools. Staking refers to the single token deposit, e.g. ZLK staking.
  • Trade Minning: Zenlink gives certain incentives to traders who perform high-value swap transactions.

Deployment Timeline

The deployment will be completed in a few weeks, here is an estimated timeline:

06.06 ~ 06.12

• Deploying contracts and setting up backend services on Shibaya.
  • The EVM contracts are as same as we deployed on Moonbeam/Moonriver and have been audited by Slowmist and Peckshield. Check the full audit report: GitHub - zenlinkpro/zenlink-security-audit

06.13 ~ 06.19

• Testing all functions on Shibaya and polishing DApp UI to adapt to the Astar

06.20 ~ 06.26

• Deploying contracts on Astar and switching the backend services to Astar.
  • Setting up the stable pools and standard pools

06.27 ~ 07.03

• Setting up the farming pools
  • Ready to launch

As the first native cross-chain DEX protocol based on Polkadot, Zenlink has been widely used by the dotsama community on several parachains, and we want to bring Zenlink to the Astar network so that users of the Astar network can have the same great experience.

Deploying Zenlink to the Astar network will not only provide a smooth and validated DeFi platform on the Astar network to help the entire Astar ecosystem grow, but Astar users will also connect to other parachain ecosystems through Zenlink.

Links

Twitter - Website - DEX DApp

10 Likes

Finally!!

Thanks coming to Astar. It has been a long wait to many of us.

4 Likes

Welcome to Astar.
May I know how will you implement the cross-chain feature? Will you utilize XC20 or even XCM?

1 Like

Hey Toga, yeah we are coming, thank you for your support over time and we are excited about being able to build on the Astar network, LFG!

The Zenlink DEX protocol is built on XCM, and we certainly take full advantage of XCM for cross-chain functionality, as you can learn more at Zenlink Wiki: https://wiki.zenlink.pro/

@Lu1 this is interesting & impressive. liked the idea and overall tech.

1 Like

A Dex like Zenlink whose mission is to link all the parachains in the same Defi Hub, and a chain like ASTAR Network that allows you to create Dapps without scalability problems, Just incredible!

1 Like

Best news I have hear all day. We need an actual DEX on ASTR that is not afraid to launch its token.

I use Zenlink already for my MOVR exposure I will definitely be supporting you guys over ARSW when you integrate into ASTR.

1 Like

The news we’ve been waiting for!
ついにきた!

1 Like

Hi, I am using often Zenling on Bifrost/Moonbeam/Moonriver. The DEX works perfectly and the UX is nice.
We need on Astar more DEX and more liquidity.
@Lu1 Do you plan to have liquidity shared between the parachains, meaning, a same pool could be used on each parachain?

1 Like

Hi, why not even distribution across parachains? 50m - Moonbeam and 10m - other parachains. Astar project has a lot more scope for scale and connectivity than any other parachain on Polkadot. Maybe every parachain on 10m

1 Like

Welcome to Astar. Very interesting UI and hybrid AMM, we need projects like that to enhance the user experience.

1 Like

Great news))) i like Zenlink and Astar

1 Like

ееееееееее :boom: :boom: :boom:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (35)

1 Like

That is amazing. I’m looking forward to it! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks, still some distance from achieving the ultimate goal and vision, just keep building and working with the best teams in the Dotsama space, WAGMI!

Thank you for never being stingy with your compliments, we will not be arrogant for that, rather they will be our motivation to move forward!

That’s why we came to Astar and we hope to bring some real dynamism to the Astar ecosystem for the benefit of the community.

Hey there,
I am Victory Van from the Zenlink core team as Product Owner.
Let me answer @GuiGou 's questions:

Do you plan to have liquidity shared between the parachains, meaning, a same pool could be used on each parachain?

Fully shared liquidity is one of Zenlink’s ultimate goals and one of the Holy Grail of the blockchain world. We saw the potential of Polkadot(XCM and XCMP) would help us to achieve it when we start thinking about Zenlink.
Till now, we don’t change our views on Polkadot. The team discussed several possible shared liquidity models based on “mature and perfect” XCMP and Parathread.
We will update the plan as we make more progress.

4 Likes

Hey @bumerang , thanks for your question, first we need to clarify that 50m - Moonbeam, 30m - Moonriver, 10m - Bifrost, 10m - New parachain is only the initial distribution of ZLK (Zenlink network tokens), which does not mean that the ZLK on each parachain is always fixed.

We are working on getting ZLK to circulate on all parachains. For now, Moonriver<>Moonbeam and Bifrost<>Moonriver cross-chain transfers for ZLK are available, and they are implemented via Multichain and SubBridge respectively. So when Zenlink is integrated into Astar, we can certainly make ZLK on other parachains available to the Astar network through some similar solution.

Some other solutions foreseen.

1. Push CEXs such as gate.io to open up ZLK deposits and withdrawals on the Astar network. ZLK is currently listed primarily on gate.io, which we have pushed to support ZLK withdrawals and deposits on multiple networks including Bifrost, Moonriver, and Moonbeam.

2. Other feasible solutions based on XCM