Help Needed: Recovering 60,270 ASTR After Astar EVM → Substrate / EVM Deposit Transfer

Hello everyone,

I need technical assistance regarding approximately 60,270 ASTR that I transferred from Astar EVM to Astar Native/Substrate using the Astar Portal.

I am documenting the entire sequence of events below, including the transaction information and screenshots, so that the Astar/Talisman team or community members can properly investigate what happened.


1. Wallet accounts I was using

I use Talisman Wallet and currently have two main accounts.

My EVM account is named:

ASTAR ETH

Its address begins with:

0xDd31...F845B5

I also have a Substrate account named:

OFICIAL

Inside Talisman, this Substrate account can be displayed using different address formats, including:

Substrate (Generic):

5EZiuPpRiG...EDNjwMr5Mx

Polkadot:

13W23j5Va3...DZvpxt2cES

Astar:

YSKLgnWWWA...S5F6wKSHBM

I understand that a Substrate account can have different SS58 address representations depending on the network/address format.

Please see the screenshot from Talisman showing the different address formats for my OFICIAL account:

  • Substrate (Generic)
  • Polkadot
  • Astar
  • Other Substrate networks

This is the screenshot where 5EZ..., 13W..., and YSKL... can be seen.


2. Substrate account displayed by Astar Portal at the time of the transfer

At the time I performed the operation, Astar Portal showed both an EVM account and a Native/Substrate account connected.

My EVM account appeared approximately as:

0xDd31...F845B5

However, the Native/Substrate account displayed by Astar Portal at that time was:

Z4XSuN...iGC2VX

This became extremely important later because the Native account currently displayed by Astar Portal is:

YSKLgn...S5F6wKSHBM

I have an old screenshot showing that Astar Portal was displaying the Z4XSuN...iGC2VX address.

  • EVM: 0xDd...
  • Native/Substrate: Z4XSuN...iGC2VX

This screenshot is important evidence because it shows which Native/Substrate address was displayed by the Portal around the time of the operation.


3. Transfer of 60,270 ASTR

I then performed the transfer from my Astar EVM account.

The transaction is recorded on Astar Blockscout.

Transaction Hash:

0x0fdb2611fbf42e5cf4ffd21eb65102cc349bb78555579d438c5d1f58823234cc

The destination address was:

0x8a37B2F85018De8099dEfaBbAE446B03d9576C36

The amount transferred was:

60,270 ASTR

The transaction was successfully confirmed.

The transaction information shown on Blockscout includes:

Status: Success

Block: 14522654

Timestamp: Sep 02, 2026 06:46:54

Value: 60,270 ASTR

To:

0x8a37B2F85018De8099dEfaBbAE446B03d9576C36

Transaction Fee:

0.016366798351071 ASTR

Gas Usage:

21,000 / 25,200

Transaction Type:

2 (EIP-1559)

Raw Input:

0x

Attach the Blockscout screenshot showing:

“Transfer 60.27K ASTR to 0x8a…6C36”

and:

Status: Success


Attach the Blockscout screenshot showing:

  • From
  • To
  • Value
  • Transaction Fee
  • Gas Usage

It is especially important that the destination address is visible:

0x8a37B2F85018De8099dEfaBbAE446B03d9576C36


Attach the additional transaction details screenshot showing information such as:

  • Nonce
  • Gas
  • EIP-1559
  • Raw Input 0x

This may help determine exactly what type of EVM transaction was executed.


4. The funds appeared as an “EVM Deposit” after the transfer

After performing the transfer, the approximately 60,000 ASTR appeared in Astar Portal under the Native/Substrate account as an:

EVM Deposit

Therefore, at that point, Astar Portal was recognizing the deposit.

The Portal also displayed a:

Withdraw

button.

My understanding was that I needed to use this Withdraw function to move the ASTR from the EVM Deposit into my usable Native/Substrate balance.

Attach the old screenshot where the approximately 60,000 ASTR were visible as “EVM Deposit” and where the Withdraw button was available.

I believe this is one of the most important pieces of evidence because it demonstrates that Astar Portal recognized the funds as an EVM Deposit after the transaction.


5. Error when attempting to Withdraw the EVM Deposit

When I attempted to use the Withdraw function, Astar Portal returned the following error:

“The balance is below the minimum amount required.”

This happened even though approximately 60,000 ASTR were displayed as the EVM Deposit.

I contacted support regarding this issue and was advised to try changing the RPC endpoint.

Attach the screenshot showing the error:

“The balance is below the minimum amount required.”

If available, I will also attach the support message recommending that I change the RPC endpoint.


6. RPC troubleshooting and browser/cache reset

While troubleshooting the issue, I tried changing RPC-related settings and also cleared my browser history/cache.

After doing this, I had to reconnect Talisman to Astar Portal.

This is when I noticed an important difference.

The Native/Substrate address displayed by the Portal no longer appeared to be the same one that I had seen previously.

Previously, the Portal showed:

Z4XSuN...iGC2VX

Currently, it shows an Astar Native account beginning with:

YSKLgn...S5F6wKSHBM


7. Current situation in Astar Portal

Currently, when I connect Talisman to Astar Portal, both an EVM and a Native account are connected.

The Native account currently shown by the Portal is:

YSKL...

The current Native transferable balance is approximately:

205.452 ASTR

However, the previous EVM Deposit containing approximately 60,000 ASTR is no longer displayed.

Attach the current Astar Portal screenshot showing:

  • EVM wallet connected
  • Native wallet YSKL... connected
  • Approximately 205.452 ASTR available

Attach the screenshot showing the entire current ASTR asset section, including:

  • Transferable: 205.452 ASTR
  • Locked tokens: 0
  • Vesting: 0
  • Reserved: 0
  • Staked Amount: 0
  • Locked Amount: 0
  • Unlocking: 0
  • Governance: 0

This screenshot demonstrates that the previous EVM Deposit containing the ~60k ASTR is no longer displayed.


8. Accounts currently available inside Talisman

I then checked:

Talisman → Settings → Manage Accounts

At the moment, only two accounts are displayed:

OFICIAL

A Substrate account beginning with:

5EZ...

and:

ASTAR ETH

An EVM account beginning with:

0xDd...

Attach the Talisman Manage Accounts screenshot showing:

  • OFICIAL
  • ASTAR ETH

9. Address formats of my OFICIAL Substrate account

When I open the OFICIAL account inside Talisman, I can see the different address representations associated with this Substrate account.

These include:

Substrate (Generic):

5EZiuPpRiG...EDNjwMr5Mx

Polkadot:

13W23j5Va3...DZvpxt2cES

Astar:

YSKLgnWWWA...S5F6wKSHBM

This is what created my main technical question.

:paperclip: ATTACH SCREENSHOT 11 HERE

Attach the Talisman screenshot showing all the address formats for the OFICIAL account.


10. Main technical question

This is the main issue I am trying to understand.

At the time when the approximately 60,000 ASTR were visible as an EVM Deposit, Astar Portal displayed the Native/Substrate address:

Z4XSuN...iGC2VX

Currently, Astar Portal displays:

YSKLgn...S5F6wKSHBM

Therefore, I need to determine whether:

A) Z4XSuN...iGC2VX and YSKLgn...S5F6wKSHBM are simply different SS58 representations of the same underlying Substrate AccountId/public key;

OR

B) they are actually two different Substrate accounts.

If they are different accounts, my concern is that the EVM Deposit containing the 60,270 ASTR may be associated with the account that was previously displayed as:

Z4XSuN...iGC2VX

rather than the currently connected account:

YSKLgn...S5F6wKSHBM


11. EVM Deposit / destination address

The transaction containing the 60,270 ASTR was sent to:

0x8a37B2F85018De8099dEfaBbAE446B03d9576C36

I would like to know whether there is a technical way to determine which Substrate AccountId32 / Native address is associated with this EVM Deposit address.

In other words:

Which Substrate account is associated with the EVM Deposit address 0x8a37B2F85018De8099dEfaBbAE446B03d9576C36?

I believe determining this mapping could resolve the entire issue.


12. Questions for the Astar/Talisman team or community

I would greatly appreciate technical assistance with the following questions:

  1. Is it possible to determine which Substrate AccountId corresponds to the EVM Deposit address 0x8a37B2F85018De8099dEfaBbAE446B03d9576C36?
  2. Is there a deterministic mapping between an Astar Substrate AccountId and its EVM Deposit address?
  3. Is there an official RPC method, runtime call, script, explorer, or other tool that can be used to determine this mapping?
  4. How can I conclusively determine whether Z4XSuN...iGC2VX and YSKLgn...S5F6wKSHBM correspond to the same underlying Substrate public key?
  5. If Z4XSuN...iGC2VX is a different account, is there any way to identify which Talisman account/wallet originally controlled that address?
  6. Why would the EVM Deposit have been visible in Astar Portal before clearing/reconnecting the wallet, but no longer appear afterward?
  7. Can the EVM Deposit still exist on-chain even though it is no longer being displayed by the Astar Portal UI?
  8. Is there a way to query the pending EVM Deposit balance directly on-chain?
  9. Is there a way to execute the EVM Deposit withdrawal directly through an RPC/runtime call if the Portal UI does not display it?
  10. Could the error “The balance is below the minimum amount required” have been caused by the RPC endpoint being used by Astar Portal?
  11. If I reconnect the correct Substrate AccountId, should the EVM Deposit automatically become visible again?
  12. Assuming I still control the corresponding Substrate account, should the EVM Deposit remain recoverable even if the Portal currently does not display it?

13. Confirmed information

To avoid confusion, the following information is confirmed from the transaction and screenshots:

Transaction Hash:

0x0fdb2611fbf42e5cf4ffd21eb65102cc349bb78555579d438c5d1f58823234cc

Transferred amount:

60,270 ASTR

Transaction status:

Success

Destination address:

0x8a37B2F85018De8099dEfaBbAE446B03d9576C36

Block:

14522654

After this transaction, the funds were displayed in Astar Portal as an:

EVM Deposit

However, this EVM Deposit is no longer visible under the Native account that is currently connected.


14. Actions I have NOT taken since discovering the issue

After noticing this discrepancy, I stopped moving the funds because I do not want to make the situation worse.

I have not performed another transfer of the 60,270 ASTR.

I have not sent these funds to Binance.

I have not intentionally deleted the original wallet.

I do not want to perform another transfer or attempt another withdrawal until I know exactly which Substrate account is associated with the EVM Deposit.


15. What I am trying to accomplish

My goal is simply to:

Identify the correct Substrate account associated with the 60,270 ASTR EVM Deposit, reconnect that account to Astar Portal, and correctly withdraw the EVM Deposit into the Native/transferable balance.

After that, I intend to move the tokens normally.

Any assistance from the Astar team, Talisman team, or anyone familiar with the technical implementation of Astar EVM Deposit → Substrate AccountId mapping would be greatly appreciated.

I have screenshots documenting the entire process and can provide additional transaction information or public addresses if required.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi @robert12342

For support, you need to join the Astar Discord server and open a support ticket there, the forum is not the place for support resolution.

That said, your 60,270 ASTR are not lost, so let me explain what happened.

To withdraw an EVM deposit, the destination Substrate account needs its own transferable ASTR. The withdrawal is an extrinsic that this account has to sign and pay for, and the EVM deposit itself cannot be used as balance to pay for it. If the account holds no ASTR, the withdrawal fails with “The balance is below the minimum amount required.”, which is what you encountered.

To unlock your situation, you need to fund the destination account with fresh ASTR, from another Substrate account or from a CEX, then press Withdraw on the Assets page. A few ASTR is enough, 5 ASTR covers it comfortably.

The destination account is Z4XSuN...iGC2VX. I checked this from your transaction, not from the Portal. The EVM deposit address your tokens landed on, 0x8a37B2F8...9576C36, is derived from the destination Substrate account’s public key, and re-encoding it as an Astar address gives one that must start with Z4XSuN5zmyoVSUi89Ktwtcvy5jb. So YSKLgn...S5F6wKSHBM is a different account, not another SS58 format of the same one. A different format would only change the prefix, it would not change the public key.

Previously, the Portal showed:

Z4XSuN...iGC2VX

Currently, it shows an Astar Native account beginning with:

YSKLgn...S5F6wKSHBM

This is a wallet selection issue, both accounts should be in your Talisman, and the Portal reconnected to the other one after you cleared your cache. Switch back to Z4XSuN...iGC2VX in Talisman, or disconnect and reconnect the native wallet on the Portal and pick that account.

On the mechanism itself, sending from EVM to Substrate is two steps and only the first one is done for you. The Portal sends your tokens to the EVM deposit address derived from the destination Substrate account, then that Substrate account has to sign the withdrawal itself. Nobody else can initiate it, which is why the tokens are safe where they are.

For the full flow, see the documentation: Transfer tokens using the Astar Portal | Welcome to Astar

If you need further assistance, open a ticket on Discord or DM me on Telegram: @Gaius_sama.

I’m now closing this topic.


Gaius_sama :astr: