New dapp staking proposal: The Royal Raffle

We are opening up this discussion on our proposal for a new dapp on Astar.

The dapp will be combining tech and expertise from multiple projects (Phala, Subsquid, Astar, Kusama Kingdom NFT) to create a true cross chain dapp.

The dapp will be developed on EVM but later built in ink/wasm once this is rolled out onto Astar

The nature of this app is Raffle based whereby stakers will be in with the chance of winning monthly prizes consisting of some of the dapp rewards as well as the potential for NFTs, other tokens etc as we partner with projects across the eco. The other portion of the rewards that aren’t paid out in rewards will on the whole be put back into the ecosystem through liquidity provisioning or supporting seed/private rounds of projects entering the eco. This is an important point as we do not want to be a mercenary dapp whereby we earn rewards and move them out the eco.

For full details of the proposal and the project please see the proposal document and our Gitbook

We aim to utilize Phala Phat contracts, Subsquid indexing, Kusama Kingdom branding as well as the support and help from Astar/Shiden in order to deliver a great dapp to the ecosystem that will attract in more users as well as showcasing of the tech in an easy to digest format.

We would love the support of the community on this, please do ask any questions.

Many thanks,
KBL, Hashwarlock and The Kusama Kingdom!

19 Likes

Thank you for the proposal KBL and excited to see the Kusama Kingdom go for the MVP2Earn track. There are many reasons to support this proposal and I’ll lay out some of the key ones for me:

• Tier 1 level team, has a reputation of delivering. Phala dev Hashwarlock and KBL, are well known and respected among many in the ecosystem. They have contributed and built products thats are safe, reliable and trusted.

• KBL and the team has been open to exploring building a dApp on Astar as early as September last year and many great ideas (and possible features around the lottery and automation) have been discussed. The communication has been great and their approach to cross chain collaboration is one that can be inspirational to other teams. This type of proposal can serve a greater purpose and can speak towards what Astar values - builders of all kinds.

• The Kusama Kingdom community is a great and very welcoming one with an open mindset. When KBL put this proposal in front of the community they responded positively and some even gave input on the rewards structure for future consideration.

• The bootstrapping amount is well within our communities treasury limit (currently between 9-10m ASTR available). The fact thay 1.5m is requested leaves plenty in the treasury to be able to use on other MVP2Earn candidates and other initiatives.

• Supporting, bootstrapping and observering a strong first MVP2Earn candidate can help us determine the value of the track. The KK team can also witness first habd the power of dApp staking.

For these main reasons listed above I fully support the proposal.

13 Likes

I have long been a fan of the Astar team and the vision of the network. The union of the Kusama Kings with Astar through dApp staking is really amazing. The Kingdom was buzzing with excitement when KBL approached us with this idea and we are more than excited to continue to strengthen ties with the Astar Network community and bring more people in!

This product will undoubtedly help bring in more users to the ecosystem and create a fun environment for people to engage with the network. Fully support!

9 Likes

‘The dapp will be combining tech and expertise from multiple projects (Phala, Subsquid, Astar, Kusama Kingdom NFT)’

Love to see this starting to happen on Polkadot build our own unique projects using our own tech :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Unexpected and super appreciated proposal :fire: Using all these different tech and unique projects can bring attention and show what the true power of Web3 is. I totally support the proposal :grin:

7 Likes

Simply wanted to show my support for this proposal and unequivocally state how encouraged I am by it. As a Kusama Kingdom holder AND someone who is exceedingly excited about the prospects of Astar Network now and in the future, this partnership seems like a win-win for everyone involved :crown:

Looking forward to this launch and hope to help however I can! :raised_hands:

5 Likes

I support this proposal

4 Likes

Thank you for your proposal. As a rule, dApp has to be live on Astar and get enough traction from the community to be registered on the dApp starking portal. Therefore, we can enter the voting after the dApp is deployed.

10 Likes

Forever stand for #Astar Network

3 Likes

After the discussion with @0xRamz, I understand that we will use dApp staking more attractive way to bootstrap the project.

5 Likes

May be couple of questions regarding this dApp proposal:

1. what is the potential benefit for such a dapp within the Astar ecosystem?
  2. How do you plan to ensure that the rewards generated by the dapp remain within the Astar/Shiden ecosystem, and how to prevent the misuse of funds allocated to the Kusama Kingdom treasury or any potential fraudulent activities related to the dapp?
7 Likes
Join dApp Staking
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

7 Likes

Hey! Thanks for the proposal.
Before voting, I have a couple of questions:

When you guys say “projects across the eco” and “liquidity provisioning or supporting seed/private rounds of projects entering the eco” you mean ASTAR NETWORK eco?

We will plan to give out 20% of the total dapp rewards each month to the winner of the raffle, the remaining 80% will be put into the Kusama Kingdom Treasury and partly be used to support defi/liquidity within Astar ecosystem and support upcoming projects.

What is the Kusama Kingdom treasury?
What do you invest in the treasury?
Who gets the benefits from the treasury?
How much % will be used to support defi/liquidity within Astar ecosystem and support upcoming projects?

Thanks.

9 Likes

Hey Pitcoin,

Thanks for taking the time to go through.

Yes exactly we mean the Astar network, so we envision 70% of the rewards outside the prize to be used mainly to add liquidity to defi protocols and in rarer cases to put into seed rounds of new projects (this is what we do at the Kusama Kingdom now with our treasury as and when opportunities arise) we will have 10% in order to use as a reserve to pay for ongoing development and BD of the dapp.

It was crucial for us to structure it this way as we do not want to just come over to Astar earn dapp rewards, sell them and give them out. We want to Support the network and its growth by putting the rewards back in, liquidity is one of the most important life bloods of an ecosystem so increasing that through our dapp we think benefits all.

What is the Kusama Kingdom treasury?
We have two community funds the Kings Bounty and the Queens Jewels. Details can be seen on our website KusamaKingdom.com but in short the Kings bounty is a venture focus funds that is managed by an elected council and focuses on taking delta risk where as the Queen jewels is focused on defi strategies and generating yield.

What do you invest in the treasury?
Covered above

Who gets the benefits from the treasury?
The King Holders benefit from the Kings bounty with 30% of any profits made each Quarter being distributed and the Queen Holders benefit from the Queens jewels with 30% being paid out to them (both are voted on each Quarter by the holders)

How much % will be used to support defi/liquidity within Astar ecosystem and support upcoming projects?
20% will be for prizes, 10% will be for supporting further development and BD, 70% will be redeployed into the Astar eco in defi and new projects seeking funding.

9 Likes

Hey John,

Thanks for the Questions and apologies for the delay in response.

1. The benefit we see is attracting users and increasing the amount staked on chain, we belief a raffle mechanic is a fun and engaging way to get adoption. Yes, this may seem small to start but as it grows and the prizes get bigger we aim to work with other projects (nfts and the like) to include additonal monthly prizes in the draw creating a positive flywheel.

The other benefit is that 70% of the dapp rewards we earn will be used to provide liquidity and deployed into Dexs etc to support the Astar ecosystem.

1. So as mentioned we intend to keep 70% in the ecosystem and deployed across defi to help liquidity among protocols. In terms of the prevention of misuse we would hope our contribution to the whole Dotsama eco over the last 20 months as put us in a position where our word can be taken on this and of course our wallet of the dapp will be public so people are welcome to check and call us out if they think funds are not being used as we set out.

Ultimately we are here in an attempt to try create a dapp that will create some form of engagement, excitement and reward for people and hopefully show the powers of projects working together Phala, Subsquid, Astar and Kusama.

9 Likes

It’s been over a month since leaving my original feedback, and as one of the Councilors for Kusama Kingdom I wanted to circle back to support our founder, @1xKBL :crown:

I will vouch for all that he has said as well as my fellow councilors that we will certainly abide by the proposal as laid out. 70% of the ASTR funds will be used to return liquidity to the ecosystem itself and hopefully draw in additional capital with the greater liquidity AND stakers who want to win the Royal Raffle :tickets:

And, on a personal note, I would be remiss if I did not mention my own personal investments in Astar Network. I continue to accumulate more ASTR, have much of it staked on Astar Degens, and the rest I am using on Algem’s liquid staking platform. I am here to stay when it comes to Astar Network, and if there is anything else I (or my fellow Kings and Queens) can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask :handshake:

8 Likes

From my experience, the Royal Raffle team is ready to collaborate with other teams.
About me, I am building a similar dApp that organizes a raffle.
The dApp is named Lucky and won a prize at the last Polkadot Hackathon in the category “built a WASM dApp with ink!”.
The wasm smart contracts are ready and deployed on Shibuya and the dApp will be deployed soon in Shiden.
The dApp uses several wasm smart contracts, subquery and soon phat contracts.
By the similarity of technologies and the resemblance of our dApps, a partnership was born between our two teams.
The two teams will collaborate together. The Royal Raffle team firstly will build on Astar evm, the Lucky team will built with ink!.
Next, each team will bring their experience to build best dApps. :handshake:

9 Likes

I would like to support Phunky personally, he is active in the dotsama and it is great to know he is also investing in Astar network and staked on Astar Degens, like myself. I also like the idea of using 70% of the dApp rewards to provide liquidity, this seems to be good for the Astar eco

7 Likes

Absolutely, all right here

2 Likes

Great cross chain proposal. Support the proposal!

2 Likes