Renaming dApp Staking. Any ideas?

I agree with Maarten that Dapper Staging is actually very easy to understand and you can see what it means. And can easily spread him, in fact, we have to do, is to use the simplest way, so that people faster understanding, and join him, so I think Dapp Staging is very convenient!

1 Like

Cool! It seems that we should keep using dApp staking. Does anyone have any strong disagreement?

5 Likes

To be honest I didn’t get what dApp staking means until I listened Sota’s podcast with Gate io. However renaming such important feature before big events is not smart as it was very confusing to have both Crowdloan or Parachain-lease-offering. It would be understandable to say dApp staking rewords(incentives) perhaps?

1 Like

Lets just stick to Dapp staking. We stake on Dapps. It might not be a familiar buzz word, but we are the first to do this. Dapp staking it is.

dApp staking is the best solution. Maybe we could have better FAQ section explaining what different terms actually mean?

2 Likes

I would like the word Crowd or Community to be included. This will be clear that it is non-exclusive and has mass appeal and would motivate one to click that one link for further info.
Then could have the word funding / incentive if we are to attract Developers as well as stake holders.
The word Dapp is okay. Developer is preferable addition as the actioning party are the thousands of developers who have excellent ideas to be attracted to this.
So how about Community Dapps developers incentive

1 Like

Hi team
I personally like dAPP Staking.

The concept of Staking is well established in the crypto ecosystem and easily understood by those within Dotsama and external ecosystems…

However, if we are still looking to rename then I suggest -

Rewards

E.g. Astar Rewards // Shiden Rewards

More than the naming, it’s the message we communicate with the name that is critical.

The 2 key audiences to communicate with are distinct and so should be the message communicated -

Audiences are:

(1) Developers (those who build the dapps)

(2) Stakers/Investors (looking to earn yields from their assets)

So I would simply make the benefits clearer to each audience segment when using the new naming and emphasize the distinct points in the messaging.

*** Developers - build & earn**
*** Investors - stake & earn**

I am not a designer but did a few quick mockups to see what this could look like -

(first post and it lets me post only 1 image )

3 Likes

Another version where I have named it “dApp Rewards” However, I prefer the earlier version as it combines both the audiences and connects them to the concept of getting “rewards”

Screenshot (32)

1 Like

“staking” word is clear for those who are crypto involved, unfortunately there is relatively few people involved in staking. I do like “dApp Staking” but maybe add explanation direct in naming like: “dApp Staking - Build to Earn by Astar Network”.

@sota @Maarten
Hi Sota and Maarten,

I don’t think the name is the problem. I agree dApp staking has been very under appreciated.

If I could respectfully suggest, there may be scope to tweak the mechanism to improve the visibility of the feature, to improve how users interact with it and how builders are incentivised by the program. I base my thoughts on how other chains incentives often flow through to the end user.

If the dApp staking occured at the point where the user is interacting with the project which has been deployed on the Astar network it would be much more visible. It would also bring users to the specific project. The project could determine how best to share or reward people using the projects own dApp.
As an example a dex could nominate a pool or pools for boosted rewards if the customer staked a certain amount of ASTR/SDN through their dex. The dex could pass through part of the ASTR/SDN earnt through the staking mechanism to the customer. Or they could keep the ASTAR income and boost the reward in the projects token if they stake. The more customers who stake the more the reward and the more the protocols customers could be incentivised.

Building on the above example if the mechanism could also be tweaked so that the staked ASTR/SDN could be utilised for liquidity within the defi project then the customer and the project could be further incentivised. The normal rewards for providing liquidity could be given by the project further boosted by a portion of the dApp income or boosted project tokens with the project compensated with dApp income.

The other issue with dApp staking through the central portal is that a developer could collect lazy rewards. Once they have people staking the immediate incentive for them to improve their product or offfer some incentive to customers is not really there ? Again it also does not bring users to the projects own dApp or site.

DApp staking is an excellent idea I respectfully suggest that the incentives might be improved with a tweak to the mechanics.

Thanks for your time
Luke

3 Likes