Dear Astar Community,
Excitingly, this initiative is open to ALL regions, reinforcing our inclusivity!
In light of the core value of Astar—Decentralization, we are striving to solidify our peer network and reinforcing our commitment to this value by initiating a refined incentive program aimed at extending our reach in regions currently devoid of Astar nodes.
Need for Refinement:
This proposal has been refined and remodeled in response to challenges encountered with the previous structure, where node runners ceased operations after receiving the first month’s payout. Our revamped approach aims to foster a more enduring and committed relationship with node runners, ensuring sustained operation and continual contribution to the network’s strength.
This revised proposal is poised to launch a robust incentivization program, inviting community members from underrepresented regions to run nodes, thereby enriching the network’s diversity and resilience. We are particularly focusing on:
- South America
- West Asia
- South East Asia
- Milestone 1: Facilitate ten individuals to operate a node, with a specific focus on:
- Five from the targeted, currently uncovered regions.
- Five from any other global location to maintain inclusivity and diversity.
- Milestone 2: Provide incentives to individuals maintaining operational nodes annually.
In this redesigned phase, we propose a reward of $30 in $ASTR tokens per person each month, for ten individuals over a span of five months. Our current balance is 30k $ASTR at Y4rPEERX1ucGe2nWpEqR8ACboThwtgGZDWZNZvzYeoGRTJC. Subject to the successful realization and positive outcomes, we might propose additional fund allocations.
- Eligibility: Open to residents from specified regions and globally, encompassing non-technical individuals, with selections spearheaded by appointed community representatives.
- Node Specifications: Nodes must be of the archive type, maintain a minimum of 80% uptime, be connected to Telemetry, and run on a Raspberry Pi 4 (or equivalent ARM machines) with at least 4GB RAM.
Why Raspberry Pi?
Raspberry Pi or equivalent ARM-based machines are chosen for their environmentally friendly attributes, including low power consumption, negligible noise, and small footprint.
Support & Resources:
- Workshop & Training: Participants will have access to online workshops as part of Astar Decentracademy.
- Documentation & Guidance: Adequate resources and documents will be provided to assist with node setup and maintenance.
You can find information on how to setup a node on raspberry pi here:
Astar Tech Talk #009 - Astar Peers Program: How to configure Raspberry Pi to run an Astar node - crowdcast
Troubleshooting Guide and FAQ: Astar Peers Program — Troubleshooting Guide and FAQ | by Sequaja | Medium
Feedback and Participation:
Your insights, suggestions, and participation are crucial. We would welcome any suggestions to make this program better.
Let’s synergize to deepen the decentralization of Astar and fortify our network and community collaboratively!
This proposal is adaptable and can be refined based on community consensus and feedback.
- Fill out the application form: https://forms.gle/Hmru4rdE9JNJuYN7A
- Join Astar Network Discord and navigate to builder-verification channel and click on the icon to be assigned the builder role!
- All communication related to this proposal will occur in the #peers-program channel.
Thank you for your commitment to realizing Astar’s vision!
DevOps engineer at Astar Network
Astar Technical Ambassador