SubWallet dApp Staking Application

Hello everyone,

I’m Ryan from SubWallet, and I’m excited to share our application for Astar dApp staking:

Project Overview

SubWallet is the leading comprehensive non-custodial wallet solution for Polkadot, Substrate & Ethereum ecosystems. With the mission of bringing users closer to Web3, we envision a Web3 multiverse gateway through which users can enjoy multichain services with utmost ease and absolute security. Connecting and using blockchain-based applications is smoother than ever with SubWallet Browser Extension, SubWallet Mobile App and SubWallet Web Dashboard.

SubWallet has the most comprehensive product suite in the Polkadot ecosystem on all popular platforms. SubWallet allows users to seamlessly sync their accounts between all platforms.

• :jigsaw: Browser Extension: Available on Google Chrome, Brave, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
  • :iphone: Mobile App: Available on iOS and Android. Use it anywhere on the go.
  • :globe_with_meridians: Web Dashboard: Explore a comprehensive dashboard for asset management and diverse blockchain activities without installations.

Tractions & Key Features

• 250,000 active users across all platforms
  • ~40,000 community members on Twitter, Telegram, and Discord
  • :mortar_board: A graduate of the Substrate Builders’ Program
  • :handshake: Working with 150+ teams in the ecosystem with the ultimate goal of bringing the best UI/UX to users
  • :closed_lock_with_key: Manage multiple seed-phrase accounts with only 1 master password
  • :bridge_at_night: Built-in XCM transfer with a super easy experience
  • :white_check_mark: Manage multi-chain assets (tokens & NFTs) with a token-centric experience
  • :white_check_mark: View multi-chain transaction history
  • :white_check_mark: Stake in-app: Nominate Stake, Nomination Pool Stake and Liquid Stake
  • :white_check_mark: Support all types of hardware wallet: Ledger, Keystone, Polkadot Vault
  • :white_check_mark: Metamask & Polkadot JS compatible
  • :white_check_mark: Support EVM chains and Polkadot SDK-based chains.
  • :white_check_mark: Support Substrate Connect - Light Client
  • :white_check_mark: Manage crowdloan portfolio
  • :white_check_mark: Support fiat on-ramp: Transak, Banxa, Coinbase Pay
  • :white_check_mark: Support WalletConnect V2

What has SubWallet done for Astar ecosystem?

SubWallet has been an early supporter of the Astar ecosystem and has always been very quick to integrate new features to help Astar showcase its robust technologies, changing the way users interact with Astar.

• :white_check_mark: Asset management on both Astar Substrate and Astar EVM
  • :white_check_mark: Astar crowdloan tracking
  • :white_check_mark: NFT management (view and transfer)
  • :white_check_mark: Ledger support
  • :white_check_mark: XCM transfer (Astar ↔ Polkadot, Astar ↔ Acala)
  • :white_check_mark: ASTR fiat on-ramp via Transak
  • :white_check_mark: ASTR dApp staking

SubWallet was the first wallet that added support for Astar dApp staking in-app, allowing Astar users to participate in dApp staking with a few simple clicks right inside SubWallet. We’re working on the Astar dApp staking v3 and will have a full migration for all of our users when it goes live. It will be supported on all SubWallet’s platforms to bring the Astar community a comprehensive experience.

Other collaboration activities we have done together

As an early supporter of the Astar ecosystem, SubWallet often engages with Astar communities globally. Maarten Henskens - Head of Astar Foundation shared his thoughts about SubWallet before: “The SubWallet team has been a great support in enhancing the Astar Network’s ecosystem and empowering our community. Their expertise in building secure and user-friendly wallet solutions has changed the way users interact with Astar. With their innovative features and commitment to user experience, SubWallet has become an indispensable tool for seamless transactions and asset management in the complete Polkadot ecosystem. We are grateful for their dedication and the value they bring to Astar and its users”.

Below are some activities that we have collaborated with Astar:

• :white_check_mark: Fireside Chat with Astar: “Integrate SubWallet with any dApp on Astar Network”: link
  • :white_check_mark: SubWallet on Astar WASM Launch Day: link
  • :white_check_mark: SubWallet and Astar Twitter Space on “ink! 4.0 & WebAssembly Smart Contracts”: link

Security

SubWallet has already passed 2 external security audits. The first one was in March 2022 and the second one was in May 2023. More details can be found here.

dApp Staking Reward Usage Breakdown

SubWallet will continue to contribute to Astar’s development and add support for new features to help showcase Astar technologies and bring Astar to the masses. We plan to use the dApp staking reward to fund the development of new features that are requested from the Astar community (we love to talk to users & community to bring the best UI/UX to users). Below are some of the features that we will add:

• Integrate Astar dApp staking v3
  • Integrate Astar zkEVM network
  • Add support for ASTR fiat on-ramp on Banxa

We are more than happy to receive feedback so that we can provide better support for Astar and grow together.

Best regards,
Ryan and SubWallet Team!

12 Likes

Please find additional information below:

• Link to our dApp staking proposal discussion on Astar Discord Channel: Link
  • Astar NFT Management support on SubWallet: Link
  • Astar Ledger support on SubWallet: Link
  • Astar XCM transfer support on SubWallet: Link
  • Astar dApp staking support on SubWallet: Link
2 Likes

It is an honor to be here. I would be happy to answer your questions.

1. SubWallet is already relatively well-known. What is the team’s roadmap for communicating with users to get them to participate in dApps Staking Applications?

2. How many users does the team expect to attract through this initiative? What are the reasons for this estimate?

4 Likes

I love and use SubWallet, No.1 Polkadot-wallet.
I know about “zk-mode” in wallet setting. I’m looking forward to using it. :four_leaf_clover:
( Probably not related, zk-EVM and zk-mode :rofl:) I don’t know zk-assets.

3 Likes

Thank you for the prompt proposal :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
We also appreciate the detailed introduction to the product, as well as the comprehensive explanations and roadmap.

I greatly support this! I have been occasionally helping out the SubWallet team for about a year and a half now. I believe they are keenly observing the global situation and market trends, and reflecting these in their product. They contribute not only to the Astar ecosystem but also to the Polkadot ecosystem.

The ‘dotinsights’ reports they provide, which are central to their service, are always very interesting.
dotinsights.subwallet.app

I’m looking forward to their continued success!

3 Likes

I am really supporting SubWallet. On WASM time When We are launching Nft collection, they helped to much us to integrate a lot of things. SubWallet is most important one Wallet in ecosystem. I am really happy to see them on dApp Staking.

Best Regards.

2 Likes

Thank you for your love :smiley:
Regarding the zk mode, it’s another feature that we tested before.
For Astar zk-EVM, we will be integrating the network to SubWallet once it’s live.

We will announce it to the community for sure.

Best,
Ryan

2 Likes

Thank you for your support, Leo.

We will continue to build heavily to contribute to the Astar and Polkadot ecosystems.

Best,
Ryan

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your support and the kind words, Takeshi.

We will continue to build heavily to contribute to the Astar and Polkadot ecosystems.

Best,
Ryan

2 Likes

The Subwallet team is one of the most competent, hardworking, and responsive teams in the entire Polkadot ecosystem. I´ll definitely support their proposal to join the dApp staking V3.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the questions.

1. There are several activities we could do to promote in-app Astar dApp staking
  • We will announce the Astar dApp staking integration to our community on all of our social channels
  • We might run in-app specific promotion banners in SubWallet to drive users to use Astar dApp staking
  1. The Astar dApp staking is not a new in-app feature to SubWallet as shared above in our application. Therefore, we do not expect to attract a lot of new users with this. We see this as a new add-in that could bring a better experience to our current user base and attract them to engage more with SubWallet and the Astar ecosystem.

Best,
Ryan

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your love and support.

Best,
Ryan

SubWallet will be a great addition to Dapp Staking. I have met Ryan in person, and he has expressed to me his motivation towards our shared goal of enhancing UX in the ecosystem. I believe that is shown in his commitment to supporting and helping end users understand and navigate Astar chains and projects.

• William
2 Likes

I got your points. Thanks a lot your your response. =)

2 Likes

Glad to see SubWallet joining the dApp staking program :grin: One of the best wallets on Dotsama Eco :clap:
I´m only curious about the next EVM updates , will You implement the account abstraction tech as well ? Will it be possible to log in/sig transactions with a google account ?
It may be another great feature to attract non web3 users :grin:
Leaving this aside You have my total support :grin: :handshake:

2 Likes

Subwallet team is so impressive!
100% support the proposal, guys.

3 Likes

I used SubWallet, it is one of the best wallet with a lot of cool features, and is easy to use, I would like to share my full support, the subwallet team is great!

3 Likes

Subwallet is a fundamental wallet and great infrastructure for both users and developers.
Is it gonna be possible to add some account abstraction function?

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words, William. Appreciated!

Best,
Ryan

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the question. Absolutely AA is a new technology that could help it much easier for normal web2 users to enter web3. We have been doing research about it. We will implement this feature once we could make sure to keep the core values of web3 such as security and self-custody in a decentralized way.

We will definitely keep you guys posted on our new feature updates.

Best,
Ryan

3 Likes