Use $PINK for the Lotto jackpot

Hi,

I am GuiGou, Astar Agent and member of the Lucky Team.
We are in the last steps before releasing our new product, named Lotto, on Astar Network.

Lotto is a free lottery in which participants choose 4 numbers between 1 and 50 and if their numbers match with the winning numbers, they win the jackpot.

There will be a draw every week until we have a winner.

It’s built with wasm smart contract on Astar Network and Phat Contract on Phala Network.
We use the same technologies than Lucky dApp and as the Phala team very well said (x.com)

Using a verifiable random function (VRF) for number drawing, the game ensures transparency and fairness. All data is recorded on the blockchain for easy verification.

Here is a presentation video: https://youtu.be/2NqkHoibHDc
And the demo link: https://lotto--lucky-ui.netlify.app/lotto/shibuya

The lottery will be free (the user will only have to pay the transaction fee) but there is no point in having a lottery without a jackpot.

It’s why we would like to use a share of $PINK allocation received by Astar Network to fill the jackpot and give this reward to the lottery winner(s).

Indeed 20% are expected to be distributed to future dApps which will develop on wasm or zkEVM.

We received no grant, no reward for this dApp (except the dAppStaking rewards for the Lucky dApp). It’s why we would like to use a part of $PINK to “pay” the team who built and will maintain the dApp.

So, if Astar Community agrees, I would like to open a vote with the following options:

• Use 20% $PINK received in this dApp, ie 4 657 500 $PINK in total and 4 000 000 $PINK will be used for the jackpot and 657 500 $PINK will be for the Lucky Team.
  • Use 10% $PINK received in this dApp, ie 2 328 750 $PINK in total and 2 000 000 $PINK will be used for the jackpot and 328 750 $PINK will be for the Lucky Team.
  • This dApp should receive no $PINK.

Because there is no chain extension for the Asset Pallet in Astar Network, the wasm smart contract will not be able to transfer the $PINK to the winner(s). I suggest, if the proposal is approved by the community, the multisig keeps the 2M or 4M $PINK until we have a winner.
Moreover, if anyone wants to sponsor this event, they can send $ASTR to the smart contract. This way, the winner(s) can claim these $ASTR directly from the dApp (without tird party) in addition to the $PINK.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

9 Likes

I really like this idea :clap: It’s really nice to see these developments for Astar Network especially on WASM side. I will give a try to the Demo and text You @GuiGou :smile:

2 Likes

Have watched the demo @GuiGou. Great work!
I am in favour of this proposal!

2 Likes

Thanks for the proposal!
I expect that there probably won’t be many dApps asking for $PINK, so I think it should be given to a dApp that can use it effectively early on (since meme coins are very volatile).

Therefore, I think it makes sense to use it as a reward for this new dApp.
A 20% $PINK allocation would be fine.

3 Likes

An amazing project is on its way, my full support to the initiative, GuiGou!

2 Likes

Great idea, let’s do it!

2 Likes

Great, this is a good way to encourage the community!

2 Likes

I’ve tried the new dApp and I liked it , I didn’t find any issue on Shibuya :clap:
It will be nice to have a graphic background on the screen imo :saluting_face:
I hope solving the V3 Tiers reward system will help You with it

2 Likes

I support this proposal and use 20% $PINK.
I believe it’s a good way to use $PINK.

2 Likes

It’s a great idea. Many people would probably like Lotto, and the prizes are likely to be an important factor in attracting people to participate in the activities. If there are multiple choices besides $PINK, that could also present a good opportunity. =)

2 Likes
Use $PINK for the Lotto Jackpot
  • Option 1: Allocate 20% $PINK to Lotto dApp
  • Option 2: Allocate 10% $PINK to Lotto dApp
  • Option 3: No PINK allocation to Lotto dApp
0 voters

Option 1: Use 20% $PINK received in this dApp, ie 4 657 500 $PINK in total and 4 000 000 $PINK will be used for the jackpot and 657 500 $PINK will be for the Lucky Team.

Option 2: Use 10% $PINK received in this dApp, ie 2 328 750 $PINK in total and 2 000 000 $PINK will be used for the jackpot and 328 750 $PINK will be for the Lucky Team.

Option 3: This dApp should receive no $PINK.

1 Like

I support the 20% $PINK solution.
Incentives to the community and supporting the team will always be the best.

2 Likes

Hello @GuiGou ,

Because there is no chain extension for the Asset Pallet in Astar Network, the wasm smart contract will not be able to transfer the $PINK to the winner(s). I suggest, if the proposal is approved by the community, the multisig keeps the 2M or 4M $PINK until we have a winner.

We recently finished the audit for pallet-assets chain extension and added it to Shiden and Astar. So Assets chain extension is ready to be used!
You can check the docs here and the contracts example repo here

1 Like

I voted no because this money should be given to the DOT holders on ASTR…
That was what the PINK was meant to be used for…
Am i wrong?

For me option 1 is the most convincing, it would be more sustainable over time.

1 Like

Hey,

This is a great proposal. I would like to see it implemented successfully. All the best :+1: you have my vote AYE!

Allocate 20% $PINK to Lotto dApp

1 Like

Hello @PierreOssun
It’s a good news. I will have a look.
Many thank for this information!

Hi @ERC20s,
Probably you did a confusion with $DED but no $PINK was given for $DOT holders.
Most of the $PINK have been distributed around different games.

1 Like

ohh yh my bad…
Was given to parachain teams…

4m tokens is only $2k at current price…
I think i would prefer if they sold everything and did a buyback/burn of ASTR or something…

20% seems a good allocation to me. Let’s play ! :space_invader:

1 Like