Afloat 3D Production and Distribution | Dapp Staking Proposal

Thanks for the quick reply!

It should be available for general use, not test deployments.
Otherwise, we would not be able to evaluate the actual application.
I think it’s a good project, but dApp Staking requires the application to be available.

Alright noted, thanks.

1 Like

Thx a lot Marti, I’ve read all your answers and I’m happy for your team and project to onboard Astar. Meanwhile I’m still digesting your business model, will ask here again if I bumped into something that I don’t understand. In the meantime, I support Afloat.

1 Like

Thank you too for the questions. I’m very happy to hear that and yes please, if you have any further questions let me know. I will also be happy hop on a call to explain if needed.

1 Like

The vote for Afloat dApp Staking application is open on Townhall :

Please vote wisely! :ballot_box:

5 Likes

It’s a very interesting project. Thank you for applying for dApp Staking.

I agree with you425’s opinion. Projects not implemented on the mainnet should go through UCG to be listed for dApp Staking. Therefore, I voted No. If your project launches on the mainnet and works as expected, I will definitely vote Yes.

1 Like

Thank you Bao for your message.

Yes it makes sense, I’m looking into UCG now too. Thanks!

1 Like

The idea sounds very interesting. However, please allow me to ask some additional questions:

1. Who are the target users? And what are some relevant numbers/data about them?

2. Who are the direct and indirect competitors for this project? And how do we plan to differentiate and acquire customers from them?

1 Like

Hi Marti,
this is a wonderfull idea.
As the partner of a 2D-3D animator artiste I know very well the issue related to this industry and thus see the usefulness of the project.

This is nice to see that some people a eager to make things change in this fields and thus have my full support.

just by curiosity, will you developp also something for 2D animation in the near futur?

1 Like

Hi @BoomBLB Thank you for your message.

1. The initial target audience will be individual Creators and indie Studios looking to ensure ownership and monetisation of their 3D assets and Projects.
  • Looking at the VFX and gaming industry it is clear that it’s unsustainable.
    Take just a glance here and you will quickly see the issues: Reddit - Dive into anything
  1. Epic games is our biggest competitor with their ever growing ecosystem. An ecosystem like this raises many alarms like anything you put into the engine will be converted into their proprietary file format “uasset”.
  • We’re bringing Universal Scene Description on-chain with ownership, collaboration and shared revenue baked into to nested smart contracts and the PixarUSD asset itself. Building with a file format like PixarUSD allow us to be compatible with almost any 3D softwares on the market and will allow us to grow with the development of the PixarUSD file format.

2.1 Indirect competitor can be identified as web2 3D marketplaces like turbosquid, sketchfab and many more. The flaws of these marketplace is that the assets comes in many different 3D asset file format, the quality of the asset is uncertain and the competitive pricing can make it hard to make a living of it.

I hope this answered your questions.

1 Like

Hi @Mouthmouth68
Thank you!
Yes, these issues has only been growing recently.

Appreciate your support!

Yes I know a 2D implementation has already been made in Universal Scene Description and so it’s likely animation will come with this too. With time we will support anything PixarUSD supports.
This is linking to the proposals:

2 Likes

Awesome product… Could you explain how are you guys planning to attract users to your platform? Why should a creator use Afloat instead of trying the old methods? What about marketing? Do you guys have any plan? We know in this industry, marketing is gold - specially in digital art.

It was loud and clear. Thank you so much for your clarification =)

Hello @marti

I regret to inform you that the voting period has come to an end and the community has decided, by a majority vote, to reject your dApp Staking application.

@marti

By the way, remember that you can re-create a proposal in this forum at any time, personally I do want to see your project in Astar.

1 Like

Wish you good luck in future development on Astar and hopefully next time voting will pass!

1 Like

@Juminstock @Matt Thank you guys, I will be back when the time is right!

3 Likes

I feel sorry for you, although I already did my best to support you guys! I’m going to follow your development closely. Also you can tried another way around by applying to our UCG program. Wish you a good luck!

2 Likes

@souleater I thank you for the support and don’t worry we will be back, Cheers!

2 Likes

great proposal, would like to know more about this

1 Like