Astar zkEVM: Network Upgrade Report

See my reply above.
The latest upgrade would avoid future reorgs and act in the correct way.

1 Like

You don’t need to do anything.
Astar Foundation is closely working with all our bridge partners to recover all funds to the impacted users.

Polygon, Gelato and Astar Foundation team are currently closely checking the state_db before the incident and after the incident to identify all connections that are lost. As soon this analytics is done, more information will be shared in this thread.

2 Likes

Yes!
The uLxLy bridge or our canonical bridge is safe to use and all transactions on this bridge has been progressed and claimed.

1 Like

A full post-mortem will be shared in the next couple of days.
This post-mortem will clarify a lot. The impact of the 18840 batch was underestimated. We already encountered reorg issues before, but they were manageable without any impact on the users. This one was from another level and that’s the reason of fast-track the forkID 9 to make sure those future reorgs are handled in the correct way.

Our Yoki team is currently working on the re-launch plan of Yoki.
They will share all the information in time and share the time of reopening the Yoki in advance.

More information here: Astar zkEVM: Network Upgrade Report - #24 by Maarten

As soon the state_db analytics is done we have a better view of what connection were lost.

For users affected by the reorg, please complete this form and provide as many details as possible in the following form:

https://forms.gle/GLWWBH7xkeLZzrY26

Thank you

2 Likes

thanks for your efforts. hopefully things will be resoleved…

1 Like

Thanks for the update and I have been more clear about the problem that had the network, fortunately in my community no one was affected, thanks team.

2 Likes

Good afternoon. Yesterday I transferred via the native bridge from the Astar network to the ETH network. But my Eth did not arrive even after 30 hours. Are my funds safe? How long do I have to wait for my ETH?

some guys get funds that bridge from eth double than he should have,if he get bonus, who lose the money?

you knew that the network has issues since the 6th of april and you didnt inform anyone about that. now i have to fill a form to declare which nfts are missing and what amount of money is missing, when i have 3k transactions in your network. my proposal is to terminate your campaign compensate all active users and return to testnet mode.

1 Like

Hi @badsav, yesterday was the date we added 7 extra provers in our network to create the proofs on L1 (Ethereum), it has to process over 4k unverified batches. You can expect your ETH to be available for withdrawal in the next hours, tomorrow. Proofs are going through and batches are decreasing.

That will be us, Astar Foundation.
We need to rebalance the bridge, so it will be our funds that will be used for this; those we got double are the lucky persons from this incident.

Thank you, I look forward to a more detailed report.
I know it is a lot of work, but please keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Hey there, I bridged some Eth on the 7th, reveived it and was able to use a tiny bit for gas fee. After network failure all received Eth is (still) gone from my account. Any update how long I’ll have to wait for fixing (form already filled out, but haven’t received any info back from you)? Cheers

I found the account details that I downloaded before the records disappeared, which contained my lost transfer information, and submitted it to https://forms.gle. When can I get my funds back?

Builders please take note of this to update your nodes:

3 Likes

How many batches are left?