Astar zkEVM: Network Upgrade Report

Builders please take note of this to update your nodes:

3 Likes

How many batches are left?

Hello everyone,

We’ve addressed the recent incident with utmost priority. In order to maintain transparency in communication, here’s an update on the Astar zkEVM incident:

• The Astar zkEVM upgrade & fix has been implemented. The network is operating smoothly.
  • Please check the previous forum post to get started: Astar zkEVM: Network Upgrade Report
  • The recent incident was rooted in technical issues within the Polygon’s zkEVM stack, affecting the Astar zkEVM network.
  • Acknowledging concerns about on-chain data, we’re actively collaborating with ecosystem projects to address them effectively.
  • A comprehensive Root Cause Analysis (RCA) report of the incident will be made public soon to provide full transparency.
  • While a limited number of wallets were affected by the reorg, rest assured, we’ve got your back. Your assets will be reinstated, with more details coming soon! Users may have missed out on opportunities within Yoki Origins, but just FYI, there will be even greater rewards in the future. Keep grinding for the top spot on the Yoki Origins journey!

Note: Wallets remain secure (Missed opportunity). The Yoki Origins campaign is temporarily unavailable. Stay tuned for an upcoming announcement regarding the relaunch, including the timeline. However, this setback will lead to even greater rewards in the future. More boosts, more lores! Our users will always be our top priority!

Next steps for impacted users:

Stay tuned for a comprehensive update on the incident, which will be shared with the community shortly, containing all the necessary details. Remember, we’re here to support you, and we’re actively addressing the situation.

Rest assured, your funds are safeguarded, and assistance is readily available. Polygon and Astar Foundation will support the affected users, ensuring the protection of their assets. So yes, your funds are safe!

Please fill out this form if you need support: https://forms.gle/GLWWBH7xkeLZzrY26

Next steps for ecosystem projects:

As we prioritize security and performance excellence, we’re promptly calling upon all projects leveraging Astar zkEVM mainnet permission-less RPC nodes to act swiftly.

Learn more: Upcoming Astar zkEVM Upgrade & Maintenance - #4 by Gaius_sama

Let’s continue our collaborative journey of building together.

Next steps for Astar & Polygon:

Maintain open communication with the community, keeping them informed of all the latest updates and ensuring transparency in our interactions. Provide a detailed breakdown of the incident support to keep the community informed.

6 Likes

If you filled in the form, everything will be handled case by case. Please wait until you our community managers reach out with detailed support and answer. Currently we are rolling out the compensation plan with our bridge partners.

Incident was also shared on Polygon Forum:

External RCA from Polygon will be shared with us EOD PST.
After internal review, we will share it here on the forum.

6 Likes

Hello. Congratulations on the resumption of Yoki Origins from tomorrow. Now, I have a question. My wallet is showing my past assets due to the rewind. Also, I still have Yoki NFTs in my wallet that I thought I sold. Please restore your wallet before resuming Yoki. This will also affect the leaderboard. Also, is it okay to make a transaction when my wallet is showing my past assets?

I’m so excited Yoki will be back tomorrow!

1 Like

“Hello, I’m from the Astar Korea community. I’m curious if I can receive compensation/restoration/recovery. I’ve heard from the Korean team that it’s difficult to receive compensation/restoration/recovery. I sold one Yoki Legendary and used the Ethereum I received to collect paid NFTs and Omars through about 150 Quickswap NFT mintings. I climbed up to rank 48 on the Yoki Origins leaderboard. However, I’m extremely frustrated to hear that I can’t receive compensation for these. When I asked why, I was told it’s because I used the Ethereum received after selling on Larible. It seems like because Yoki Legendary came back to me, that’s the reason. Who will compensate for my time and effort? I think I worked more passionately than anyone else, but I’m very angry and disappointed. And why do I have to fill out the form myself? I’m still typing using ChatGPT. Can’t the Astar team find out and compensate directly? What difference does it make if I fill out the form? If I don’t fill out the form, will I not receive compensation? Please, think about the members of the Korean community. They are very angry.”

3 Likes

Hey everyone,

We’re committed to keeping our communication channels open and transparent. Here’s an update on the recent Astar zkEVM incident:

1. We’ve successfully reinstated all funds to our affected users. Here’s the breakdown:

Bridges

• LayerZero: all impacted transactions have been resolved. Users on Astar L1 all received their ASTR.
    • LayerSwap: all affected transactions are sorted out and been compensated.
    • RelayLink: the team is actively working on resolving pending transactions now that they received the full compensation.
    • uLxLy (native bridge): all users are able to claim their assets through our portal. There was no impact on any bridged asset.

Onramp

• Alchemy Pay: there was no impact for our users.
    • Crossmint: all users who used credit card through Crossmint are refunded.

Please Note: we’re still awaiting action from third-party bridges, like Owlto. In case something is still not sorted out, we recommend you to reach out to the support of the 3rd party bridge or to fill out the form.

1. Yoki Origins Enthusiasts: we’ve rewarded all impacted wallets with 12 OMA tokens. Let’s continue the Yoki journey!

Pro Tip: Got over 50 OMAs? Spend some before claiming your daily OMA rewards for maximum benefit.

1. We’re actively working with Polygon to address community concerns. They’ve committed to compensate for this incident, showing their dedication to our shared goals.

Stay tuned for more updates!
Let’s keep building!

6 Likes

Rest assured, your funds are safeguarded, and assistance is readily available. Polygon and Astar Foundation will support the affected users, ensuring the protection of their assets. So yes, your funds are safe!

Does this include transactions involving sales on Rarible? I sold several NFTs on Rarible, and many transactions were rolled back. I’m considering filing a report. However, I understand that your assurance of “your funds are safe” may only apply to missing transactions on the bridge. So, I need clarification on this.

1 Like

my fund arrived safely, thanks

1 Like

We all know that the core teams have been working tirelessly through the night to resolve this issue. Below are a part of community inquiries about their funds that have been compiled for your reference.

Has the team completed its internal recovery measures, or are they still ongoing?

Obviously, it’s difficult to discuss everything officially without clear answers yet, but one of the main things the community is most curious about is the extent of our collaboration with Polygon and how we are addressing community concerns.

For example, there may be many inquiries about transactions that have not been recovered, and submitting invisible transaction is difficult. Therefore, aside from bridges and on-ramps, does everyone need to submit their issues through a Google form? If they are unaware of their transactions, they won’t be able to submit them. Is it physically challenging to address all these concerns, including on-chain interactions like those on Rarible, Quickswap and the Yoki Yoport?

I’m sure the team is aware that addressing these is crucial for the community, but I just wanted to emphasize it.

Additionally, for Yoki Origins players, if addressing all transaction-related issues physically is challenging, could we consider retroactively applying Lore points as a reward for their efforts? If possible, this might significantly alleviate the frustration of our loyal users.

3 Likes

Past transactions have disappeared and NFTs that should have been sold are still on sale on Rarible. Is it necessary to forcefully restart Yoki Orgins while the bug is still ongoing? Looking at the timeline, there must be people who bought gold Yoki but lost it. Such people will definitely drop in the leaderboard.

1 Like

After the reopening of Yoki Origins, encountering ‘Oops, transaction denied’ messages is identical to what happened before. It’s frustrating that the server instability persists. I don’t understand why this keeps happening. Please, if you have to rebuild it, do it properly this time."

1 Like

Additionally, the 35 OMAs received as rewards for active participation in the Korean community from Astar Korea team have also disappeared. Will this be recovered as well? Should I provide my wallet address here?

1 Like

Hi @astar-korea

Please dont post your wallet here, just for security reasons. I’m not able to give you hands-on support through the forum. Best place is to go to our main Discord and open a ticket for our managers to support you.

1 Like

bridge from astar zkevm to astar need 1 week to get funds now,( their statement: Discord )
this is insane, it is possible to reduce the time ? could you communicate with layerzoro team?

We are and they confirmed they made sure all funds will be transferred to the impacted users.

Thank you for contacting us on the forum and caring about our ideas.
All the points we earned and the fuse nfts we created during that 3 day interval when you canceled the Yoki event were tx cancelled . What will be the use of giving 12 oma as compensation? Can you look at the leaderboard and see how the gap widened between points? While it was ranked 10th before the update, it now ranked 85th. Please find a fair solution for the transactions made during those three days. We only worked for the event, not the time and money we lost. Thank you all

1 Like

the problem is the new bridge tx need 1 week to arrive, not about the old impacted users

1 Like