Community Challenge: create an infographic (results + poll)

Hi everyone

During the community program, we will also add challenges for our community to engage in. Our second challenge is for those with graphical skills! Create an infographic about dApp staking.

What is dApp staking:
Instead of staking to validators, users can choose to nominate their Astar/Shiden tokens on the project. These users are also known as nominators. At every block, half of your block rewards are used for dApp staking. This reward is further divided into a 4:1 ratio between operators (developers) and nominators.

40% of block rewards is a huge incentive for dApp developers to build in the Astar ecosystem. In other blockchains like Ethereum, dApp developers need to apply for grant programs, issuance of tokens, fundraising etc. to earn some money. In the Astar ecosystem, as long as your dApp has been nominated, you will receive some basic income. As your dApp grows in popularity, more members of the community will nominate you and this means that you will receive a greater percentage of the block reward!

We must also not forget the nominators. 10% reward is quite substantial and can serve as an alternative to staking to validators or lending on other DeFi platforms.

Read more about the challenge here:

Here are the results from the community and please vote:

Vote for your favorite infographic

0 voters

3 Likes

2 and 3 are the best
But all participants are good

I think it’d be good to mention somewhere on the infographic that dApp staking is loss-less staking. That’s a question I get all the time (“is the principal amount at risk?”)

1 Like

All designs are looking stunning. However, I vote for 2.

These are amazing!!! Can someone share the authors for all four please? Would love to get to know them :slight_smile: Perhaps incentive them to make more Astar/Shiden related content! :muscle:

I see something is not right with 3. Hmm…

I vote for # 2 I think the design is appropriate

You can see the authors on Github as well the rewards.
This challenge is part of the community rewards program.

1 Like

Wow, all of them are really great, can you we vote for multiple options? :smiley:

The creators did a good job and all the projects are worthy :+1:
My Choice 2