Community Quest - Wrapped SDN Icon

@parillo
Can you take a look at the post above? I need you to respond.

Hi I have slightly modified the dots at the top,
let me know if that’s better, I’ll send you the .png .pdf file
bye thank you

@parillo
Please provide the google drive link to the png.

@parillo

We tried. But this icon looks weird for being off center. Is there a way you could further modify so that the W fits into the circle, make the W smaller?

Something like this?

Hello
I don’t understand the problem,
I tried to insert the .png as my profile avatar and it seems to work fine
you can see my name in the circle next to it
however I can try to edit it again

Just wanna share a thought from a graphic designer in daily life.

The Problem
The normal use-case of coin icon will be in the interface of a DEX, as the visual of a specific coin. Since the display space is very tiny (Uniswap: 24 x 24 pixels / Polkaex 55 x 55 pixels) Every small details such as dots and the letter “W” will get blurred because there aren’t enough pixels to display.

The Solution
Since there will be just 24 x 24 pixels (or the worst case: Uniswap view in mobile phone around 18 x 18 pixels) to display the icon.
I would recommend to display just only the most important informations which is the shapes that form an letter “S” of shiden logo. This will give user the recognition that this is SDN coin. The less important information (but adding some nice flavor) is the purple color of the brand. (e.g. Option 2)

This is the problem, @parillo

Hello
it is not a pixel problem but a logo centering problem

1 Like

Due the changes on the design of the winner’s icon, do you think it is fair for us to conduct another round of voting?

@Passch @parillo @steryo @jmzbl @MiniR56

I need your opinion here.

To be completely fair to all community participants - yes I would invite a round of another vote; however limit voting to the powers that be. To keep in mind is the fact that this is branding exercise, and we must get it right without giving naysayers an opportunity to further tarnish the hard-work the SDN core team and wider team are putting in.

Hello everyone,
there is no problem for me

I respect anything that the community agrees on.

I agree that a second round be done

Due to the issues that you can read on the thread above, I am opening the vote again. Please make your choice wisely.

1. By @Passch

2. By @Passch

3. By @parillo

4. By @parillo

5. By @MiniR56

6. By @MiniR56

7. By @MiniR56

8. By @jmzbl

9. By @jmzbl

10. By @steryo
    SDNlogo-01

11. By @steryo
    SDNlogo-02

Vote For wSDN Icon

0 voters

Only forum members that have reached “Basic User” Trust Level are allowed to vote.

If we will use this pictures as an icon option 3 is not ok, because you can’t see little elements when it’s icon format . In big format it looks ok, but decrease it x40 and you can see what I am talking about

3 Likes

God, what happens with common sense, we need to promote shiden network and we are not going to do it with logo number 3

pity :confused:
You can’t expect people to be aware how it is going to be look like when 26px but it needed to be presented as how it would look. So standard so sad about it. I hope next quest will have better instruction.

for me you can also choose the logo of jmzbl
but it certainly didn’t take a genius to change the color of the shiden logo you can also choose the banal logo of jmzbl
indeed, I withdraw mine

Sometime, genius design isn’t about “how much you do”, but rather “how less you do

"Less is more" wasn’t just a fancy cool sentence, it actually means it.

Anyway, congratulation to the winner. :partying_face:

you are confusing minimalism with inability