The following process is an outline of how we evaluate grant applications. The following descriptions are meant to illustrate the process and criteria.
Team = members of the program’s management
Person in charge = the person who will be in direct contact with the grantee
Grantee = the individual or organization seeking the grant
- Acceptance of grant request from the form
- Evaluate the project according to the evaluation criteria listed below by the team.
- Depending on the evaluation, the grantee will go through either 1 or 2.
To consider requesting a grant:
- The person in charge will contact the grantee to set up a direct communication or meeting to clarify approval decisions and objectives.
- The team will make a final decision on whether to accept the grant request, and you will be notified of the outcome by email.
- The team can discard projects that do not meet the evaluation criteria and do not intend to change the application.
To decline the request:
- The person in charge will contact the grantee and inform them of the outcome by email.
To date, the evaluation criteria identified are the following:
- Must contribute to the Astar/Shiden ecosystem in a clear way, and the long-term ecosystem benefits instead of the short-term individual profits.
- Application is clear and answers all asked questions (Team background, goals, etc)
- Projects that have not yet started and are seeking a grant to get started are difficult to evaluate because we do not have enough information to make a decision, and may be rejected.
- If the project has received some kind of grant in the past, you need to check how the previous funds were used and explain why a new request is needed.