Metadomo - Unstoppable Community Grant Proposal

Metadomo’s vision is to supercharge loyalty by connecting the world and driving Web3 mass-adoption. We’re creating the first ‘Loyalty-on-Leverage” platform that benefits Loyalty Point Providers (LPPs), Retail Merchants and Consumers globally.

Overview

Metadomo connects traditional and blockchain-based loyalty point programs (airline miles, credit card, gaming, NFTs, and telco points) to a global network of merchant locations enabling expanded point redemption and cross-border loyalty.

We offer a rewards platform for users to aggregate their existing point memberships under a single MetaLoyalty profile to enjoy a simplified user experience with global redemption capability, while also earning our cashback loyalty point $DOMO on top, as “Loyalty on Leverage."

Metadomo has chosen Astar for our primary chain (EVM & zkEVM), as we have aligned visions:

• Focus on Japan market with global expansion. We do this via our cross-border solution
  • Working with large enterprises
  • Web3 mass-adoption. We do this by enabling Web3 on existing traditional loyalty point providers

We are seeking acceptance to the UCG program with a delegation of 2M ASTR.
This is to help us accelerate our vision and ensure the timely completion of our milestones.
We are specifically applying to Astar’s UCG as the blockchain components of our solution are born on Astar, and we intend to grow together.

Metadomo Customer Journey

Stakeholder Benefits

Consumer

Discover new, more desirable redemption options for your loyalty points, including cross-border locations. This means, for example, spending your home country telco points at a trendy restaurant on your next overseas holiday. Also earn $DOMO cashback on each redemption as ‘Loyalty on Leverage’.

Merchants and Retailers

Actively acquire new, verified customers from targeted demographic segments or countries with quantified ROI through in-store transactions (Proof of Conversion).

Loyalty Point Providers

Elevate the value of your points by providing a globally expanded redemption network with more relevant redemption options for your members, while offloading point liability faster from your books.

Products

Consumer Services

Rewards Station - Live in closed beta

• Find real-world rewards that you care about and can use through our merchant network and redeem them by spending your loyalty points, community XP, or by completing tasks
  • Optional tokengated questboard service for communities looking to build XP points with underlying value. Perfect for NFT-based communities

Note: This is the planned UI update for Month 1 of the roadmap.

QR code scannable reward vouchers through Rewards Station
Note: Sample voucher for demonstration purposes.

MetaLoyalty Profile

• Your profile for all things aggregated loyalty. Bring all your existing point programs into MetaLoyalty, use it within our network and earn $DOMO cashback
  • Soulbound NFT issued on Astar (EVM or zkEVM, TBD)

MetaLoyalty NFT displayed inside Rewards Station

$DOMO cashback

• Every time you spend and redeem rewards on our network, you earn $DOMO, our cashback token
  • Cashback is derived from traditional fiat revenue streams (customer acquisition fees levied on merchants), thus is sustainable
  • Higher tier MetaLoyalty Profiles enjoy better cashback rates and more benefits

Enterprise Services

Loyalty Marketplace

• Merchants who are looking for inflow of customers can make agreements with loyalty point providers, communities and more to offer targeted offers without border limitation

Plug & Play Loyalty

• Web3 native loyalty building service, with native integration to our network
  • Enable brands to create their own points using Metadomo’s white-label service
  • Enjoy expanded point utility from day one through Metadomo’s network

Global Merchant Network

We currently have nationwide redemption capability in Japan and Hong Kong with well known merchants such as Starbucks, Family Mart, and more, including e-cash top-up like Paypay.

We are actively making inroads to expand our merchant network in target markets such as India, Indonesia, South Korea and more.

Strategy

We realize what we have a big, ambitious vision thus we break down our strategy into discrete and achievable milestones:

Enable questboard communities to operate at the same level as traditional loyalty point programs

• Rewards station is designed to work for both traditional loyalty point programs and Web3 communities. Questboards generally operate with the same principles as point programs (user XP, leaderboards, etc.), and by elevating questboard community points to operate like traditional point programs, we level the playing field and open the door for mass-adoption.
Demonstrate cross-border redemption capabilities
  • For traditional loyalty point programs (especially in Japan), overseas point redemption is a highly sought-after capability but is difficult to achieve, with lots of eyes on who can solve this problem. We have already privately tested our solution to this, and are looking to demonstrate it at scale using Astar.

Blend Web2/Web3 experiences

• Much of Web3 is still too insular with a steep learning curve for general consumers. As our solution also engages in large part with non-Web3 players (traditional LPPs, merchants, etc.), we help drive mass-adoption.

Stimulate our ecosystem via $DOMO cashback

• External incentives fuel explosive user growth. Our cashback system via $DOMO token uses traditional revenue streams (such as customer acquisition fees levied on merchants) to ensure sustainability. Therefore, as a member of any point program or community that is enabled on Metadomo, to use our platform (thus using Astar) is a no-brainer since you also earn $DOMO on top. This is how you earn ‘Loyalty on Leverage’.

Milestones

2022 H2

:white_check_mark: Concept and Team
:white_check_mark: Outlier Ventures Basecamp accelerator graduate

:white_check_mark: Became member of Astar Japan Labs
:white_check_mark: Rewards Station go-live in closed beta
:white_check_mark: Successful testing of questboard user XP conversion to QR code vouchers on Rewards Station
:white_check_mark: Established various partnerships with gaming and payment networks, etc.
:white_check_mark: Achieved nationwide merchant redemption network with major brands across Japan and Hong Kong

Roadmap

Immediate (next 3 months)

Month 1

• Select public beta testing of Rewards Station
    • We will open the first club on Rewards Station called ‘Beta Tester’s Club’ to select members of the public. Users will mint our Tester’s Club NFT (via Bluez Launchpad) on Astar EVM, join the club on Rewards Station and complete a simple quest to earn a QR code merchant reward. Participants must be based in Japan or Hong Kong.
    • Our aim is to learn from public usage of the app, monitor for bugs, improvements and potential to improve user experience in a semi-controlled environment.
  • Rewards Station UI overhaul
    • Our current UI is very basic, so we will overhaul the UI to make it more user friendly and intuitive.
  • User focused socials activation
    • Increasing social presence via X and Linkedin, improving support in Telegram for customer support and more

Month 2

• Complete Rewards Station beta
    • Address issues and learnings from public beta and take RS out of beta to full release
  • Launch of Metadomo Genesis NFTs
    • Holders can periodically receive QR code scannable merchant rewards for completing questboard tasks on Rewards Station
    • Aiming to demonstrate live usage of cross-border redemption capability natively on Astar
  • Onboarding of projects and clients to Rewards Station (NFT communities, loyalty point programs, etc.)
  • Merchant network expansion into South Korea

Month 3

• Continued growth and client onboarding
  • Expand reward selections to include crypto assets
  • Implement ‘per club’ XP system, thereby converting Clubs to loyalty programs
  • Demonstration event planned for late February/early March (TBA)
  • Proof of Concept with Gaming client (MOU signed, under NDA at the moment)

Long Term

2024 Q2+

• Launch MetaLoyalty Profiles (on Astar zkEVM)
  • $DOMO TGE
  • Launch $DOMO Cashback incentives
  • Launch Loyalty Marketplace
  • Target India, Indonesia and more reward network integrations
  • Launch Plug & Play Loyalty for merchants
  • Target Europe, Americas reward network integration

Core Team

Tiarnan Takumi Lynch - Linkedin

• Token and ecosystem design. 8 years professional blockchain experience and founder of successful Web3 community agency.

Tyrone Lynch - Linkedin

• CEO. 20+ years senior executive for MNCs in Japan, Hong Kong and US. In blockchain since 2012.

Huy Dinn

• Head of Tech. 20 years full stack dev in Cloud, Payment, Web3, and Loyalty.

Links

Website
Rewards Station
X

Thank you and looking forward to answering any questions!

6 Likes

Hi, @Takumi-Metadomo!

Quite impressed by the excellent structure of the proposal, the information is totally clear and very well presented, I like it. Personally, I am a fan of redemption point clubs and as you put it in the proposal, retailers benefit very well from it.

I think your quest for wanting to join our UCG program is very successful, to give a boost to the project.

I have some doubts, the first thing is that you mentioned that you already have commercial relationships with some well-known companies (Starbucks, PayPal and more), is there any resource that you can provide us to see this relationship? Some previous campaign or something.

On the other hand, I see you met all your milestones for last year, and I see you have some plans for this Q1, do you have a marketing and outreach team? I think it’s very pertinent in this case.

1 Like

Thanks Takumi for the proposal!

I have been working closely with the founder Tyrone and Takumi. And they are highly knowledgeable of Japanese enterprises and very professional!
I believe this project would be a great ecosystem partner!
Can’t wait to see metadomo on the Astar Portal!

2 Likes

Thanks @Juminstock for your kind words and great questions!

On Merchant Relationships

I want to clarify that as we are growing we work with merchant networks in most cases, rather than directly with each individual merchant to bring them on board one at a time. These network partners are usually regional and act as merchant aggregators that provide certain advantages:

• Use of existing payment terminal equipment
    By working with partners that already have the point of sale devices in the physical shops, we do not need to introduce costly new hardware devices to the merchant or new operational training for counter staff. This saves cost, time and removes friction for adoption.

• Fastest path for growth
    When we partner with a merchant aggregator, we instantly get redemption capability across their entire network. This is by far the fastest way to gain a large footprint and be prepared to rollout our subsequent product launches on a global scale.

We did a closed beta campaign with friendly parties prior to submitting this application. Although this was not a public event that I can show you, a few of the participants are yet to claim their vouchers. I will try to arrange a video for one of them to show the actual voucher being redeemed in store, and post it here. Likely it will be a Starbucks or Hung Fook Tong voucher in Hong Kong.

Marketing / Outreach

We do have marketing support from Outlier Ventures that we can activate, since we have been invested by them. This is something we plan to do once Rewards Station is overhauled on UI (Month 1 roadmap).

I come from a marketing background myself, and personally prefer a ‘ground-up’ community based approach, thus we are looking to to fund voucher rewards to Genesis NFT holders (month 2 in roadmap) with support from the UCG system.

I think its worth to note that since we are primarily a B2B2C business model, we focus a lot on enterprise marketing in our mix, since we expect most of our users to come from the onboarded enterprises.

2 Likes

Thanks for the support Cody, we’re stoked to be a part of the Astar community!

1 Like

Hello Metadomo!

My question is related to the cross-border redemption capabilities you aim to demonstrate at scale using Astar. While it’s mentioned that you have privately tested the solution, could you provide more insights into the challenges faced during the testing phase and how you plan to address potential issues when scaling up this feature in the next stages of your roadmap?

Even though I have seen a couple of dApps with a similar goal to Metadomo, I am really happy to see such a detailed and precise presentation. With a focus of the zkEVM campaign on Asia I am convinced that Metadomo can attract a very wide use of blockchain technology and NFTs. I believe you have unique characteristics and I will support your application to UCG :smile:

I just have two questions:

• I don’t see any mention of mobile development even though mobile interfaces are clearly visible in the screenshots, do you have an estimated date?
  • It is not clear to me whether the partners with whom you already have a partnership will also develop loyalty NFTs on Astar or will it be more managed by the Metadomo team?

I can’t wait for Metadomo to arrive in Europe too and if you need support, count me in :handshake:

The project looks very interesting. Can I ask you a few more questions?

1. How will the project generate revenue? What are the details?

2. What is the cost of the Loyalty Point? I understand that this needs to be negotiated behind the scenes. What is the rate? How will you manage this cost in the long term?

1 Like

@Takumi-Metadomo

I emphasize what you mention about cost savings, in addition to saving staff training, it decreases the friction of users wanting to claim their vouchers, this substantially improves the UX, very well thought out!

The focus on communities is really important for your application, since the vast majority of them will be promoters of the project.

Thanks for clarifying my doubts and I look forward to seeing how you carry out and improve your application driven by our UCG program.

@VasaKing

Our app is a progressive web app that is formatted for all different screen sizes and ratios. We use a mobile-first design philosophy to ensure the best possible user experience on mobile devices as well as tablets and desktops.

There are numerous benefits to this approach, including:

1. Time to market - it is substantially quicker to develop, deploy and update web apps than native apps.
  2. Barrier to entry - not having to install yet another app makes participation with communities frictionless.

We will use modern web technologies to create a seamless experience, including:

1. Offline mode - use the app without an internet connection.
  2. App icon - launch the web app from the home screen/taskbar.
  3. Transitions & animations - just like native apps

We can even bring these features to older devices.

3 Likes

Thanks for your kind comment and great questions, which are key as it’s important to understand the long-term viability of Metadomo and underlying business model.
Let me answer your second question first, since it gives better context to our revenue model.

Q: What is the cost of the Loyalty Point? I understand that this needs to be negotiated behind the scenes. What is the rate? How will you manage this cost in the long term?

A: Let me address the ‘value’ of the point, rather than the ‘cost’ as we are not buying points from the LPP and reselling them, but we are more a platform that enables expanding usage of the points. You could say the points ‘flow through’ us and we take fees on the transactions.

Having said that, in certain types of point providers in some markets (like Japan), a point’s value is confirmed publicly, for example 1 point = 1 Yen. In this case, we would simply need to adhere to this established pricing.

However, outside of this example, loyalty points often have different values that could be subjective and this needs to be negotiated behind the scenes with the LPP as you rightly mentioned. We would manage the different values of all the different points we negotiated by maintaining an internal ‘rate card.’ We envision that after negotiating and fixing a rate with the LPP, we would then have a periodic review schedule and adjustment as needed.

What is interesting in this case is that an LPP may have its own idea of what the value of the point should be. But that value also needs to be shared by the consumer, otherwise the point won’t be used, especially when there are other choices. Remember, Metadomo allows users to aggregate their different points on one platform and would potentially have competing offers from merchants for different points. We are introducing competition and putting the decision making power in the hands of the user.

Q: How will the project generate revenue? What are the details?

A: In terms of revenue streams there are several, and for the most part we are not creating anything new that is not already accepted and operating in the loyalty industry. This is important not just from business case perspective, but it also minimizes friction for adoption as we’re not trying to force new models on the traditional players.

The following is a general summary of the various potential revenue streams. A particular stream may be applied based on the relationship and role of a particular stakeholder. The exact price or revenue amount will be tested out and confirmed as we move into engagements.

It’s important to understand that our fiat-based revenue model is appropriate for the traditional industry area that we’re entering in order to minimize friction. At the same time, this ‘real-world’ revenue stream(s) is the main foundation that drives our $DOMO tokenomics.

I hope this helps to answer your questions. Please let me know if you need further clarification or have any other questions!

3 Likes
List Metadomo in dApp Staking
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
3 Likes

I like your proposal, loyalty programs always encourage healthy competition among users, also your product is aimed at mass adoption, this is key for Astar, presenting this kind of projects developed on Astar is very exciting.

1. Are memberships for life or do they have any expiration date?

2. Will Astar projects be able to use your platform to offer their products?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks @Matt and @VasaKing for your questions, I’ve bundled my answers in this post:

My question is related to the cross-border redemption capabilities you aim to demonstrate at scale using Astar. While it’s mentioned that you have privately tested the solution, could you provide more insights into the challenges faced during the testing phase and how you plan to address potential issues when scaling up this feature in the next stages of your roadmap?

Certainly. Before I get into the answers, I would like to quickly differentiate between our Phase I product “Rewards Station” (which we just did the private beta) and our future Phase II Product Release to ensure we have a mutual understanding:

Phase I Rewards Station primary works with Web3 projects and fanclubs as clients for their user to do activities to get rewards, similar to a quest board. Also, our rewards are in the form of digital vouchers of a defined value from physical shops. In this Phase I, we are not yet working with loyalty point provider (LPPs) as clients.

It’s later in our Phase II launch that we plan to work with LPPs as clients and would enable spending the LPP points as-is at a broader merchant network, including overseas, and not limited to voucher based rewards.

Having said that, the main challenges during the current testing phase relate to:

• Available reward regions
    Currently we have good coverage of physical merchants across Japan and Hong Kong. But as you know, Web3 projects can be borderless, so we need to ask the user which countries they are living in, or travel to, and some users might not be located in the available countries, which is more of a limitation during our early stages while we are growing. This, combined with some anticipated levels of user error or confusion if they select the wrong region or participate from a region we don’t support yet, may possibly end up with the user doing tasks without the ability to get a reward.

To address this issue, of course we aspire to make the the process as clear and simple as possible to reduce user error, but we are also planning to supplement our physical merchant rewards with online digital rewards to ensure borderless participation for all users. To be clear, however, our priority and differentiator as a business is continue to rapidly expand our physical merchant network.

• Rewards acquisition timing
    A couple of merchants on our network have larger minimum order quantities (MOQs) for vouchers, and some have longer order lead times. In some rare cases, this makes it more difficult to work on a demand-basis for rewards which is what we prefer while we are small and growing. As we achieve scale, volume, and are more strongly financially resourced, we can take inventory ahead of time as needed. Until then, we can cater for this by batching voucher purchases for those that need a higher MOQ, applying sound risk management, and always being transparent with our clients.

• Reward value parity
    This is a minor issue, but there will be some level of discrepancy in reward values as our reward ‘roster’ differs in each market due to local business practices.
    For example, our Japan network is capable of very low value rewards (100 Yen which is ~USD0.80), whereas our Hong Kong network minimum reward values are typically higher, like the cost of a small coffee at Starbucks. When dealing with a project whose users are in different markets, we need to help that client to select from the reward roster in a way that provides reward parity for their users across markets.

It is not clear to me whether the partners with whom you already have a partnership will also develop loyalty NFTs on Astar or will it be more managed by the Metadomo team?

This will be mostly managed by us. We are doing this in a way that the clients and users don’t need to be blockchain savvy, in order to reduce friction and push mass-adoption. With that, let me give you and a couple of example scenarios:

• When a loyalty point provider (LPP) user connects their points to us, we will issue that user our MetaLoyalty Profile, which is an NFT on Astar. In as sense, we are bringing their users to Astar.

• In our Phase III Plug & Play Loyalty solution, when a merchant for example wants to launch their own branded loyalty point system or upgrade/replace their existing loyalty point system to Web3 capability (member profile using NFTs and points that are tokenized), we will provide and manage that service for them using Astar, although we will be allowing whitelabling or co-branding so the merchant can have their own branding.

Hope this makes sense and please let me know if you would like me to expand on any points!

3 Likes

Met the team in Tokyo!
Really looking forward to the future of the project. Voted yes!

2 Likes

Welcome to Astar ecosystem. The community will like to support you and utilise your product. I voted AYE.

3 Likes

I reiterate my support in the team’s proposal, I like very much what is planned and presented, so I wish to see them in our program, for sure they will attract new stakears!

2 Likes

Voted YES! I support the loyalty-on-leverage program, specially in Japan.

2 Likes

I would like to support the proposal, well designed, and also like the explanation for all other’s question!

3 Likes

Hi @Vangardem , thanks for your support!

1. Are memberships for life or do they have any expiration date?

Yes, the MetaLoyalty Profiles are expected to be a lifelong membership for users and also comes with a tiering system based on their activities, that brings various benefits. On the other hand, our $DOMO token which is primarily used as cashback for MetaLoyalty Profile users to earn by redeeming rewards through Metadomo has a unique ‘point expiry’ system we call Decay Wastage. This is implemented to encourage and stimulate platform usage, rather than hoarding points and speculation.

I’ll post some relevant sections below from our Token Paper (not yet publicly released) to elaborate on $DOMO and our Decay Wastage system.

About $DOMO

Metadomo is powered by the $DOMO token, which primarily serves users through its cashback utility. $DOMO cashback is earned through transactional volume pushed through through Metadomo, such as redeeming merchant offers. The token is designed to be a positive feedback loop that drives more transaction volume, benefiting all stakeholders in our ecosystem.

Each time a consumer makes a purchase or redeems loyalty points through our platform, Metadomo returns a percentage of the transaction value to the consumer in $DOMO, as Cashback. Cashback is always a net positive for the consumer and Metadomo, as it is a share of Customer Acquisition (Referral) Fees levied on the Merchant.

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 13.28.39

Decay Wastage

To encourage users to redeem their $DOMO cashback in new transactions, the $DOMO cashback held in the user’s Metadomo app experiences a rate of decay (expiration) each month. This concept is coined as Cashback Decay Wastage.

• Decayed $DOMO cashback is burned, making supply deflationary
  • The rate of decay depends on the tier level of the user’s MetaLoyalty Profile. The higher the tier, the lower the decay rate.

Given the user has earned 100 $DOMO as cashback in month 1, each subsequent month the amount of retained $DOMO differs per tier as a result of cashback decay wastage. For example:

• Tier 1: 15% monthly decay wastage rate (DWR)
  • Tier 2: 45% monthly DWR
  • Basic Tier: 80% monthly DWR

With almost total decay after month 3, the Basic tier has a strong positive incentive to move up tier ladder. This is designed to incentivize new members to upgrade their MetaLoyalty Profile to T2 and beyond.

We are planning to issue $DOMO primarily through Astar.

1. Will Astar projects be able to use your platform to offer their products?

Absolutely. In fact we are planning to work with Astar projects (NFTs, etc) right away once Rewards Station is out of beta.

1 Like