We propose to open HRMP communication between Astar Network and Darwinia Network. This will require actions on both chains.
We propose to open a bi-directional channel between Astar Network and Darwinia Network. The primary use cases will be:
- To support Darwinia Network’s light-client cross-chain messaging protocol (LCMP) via XCM-LCMP rounter. Astar ecosystem devs will be able to use LCMP to communicate with Ethereum, BNB Chain, etc. on Astar Network.
- $RING can be transferred to Astar to be used in the ecosystem of Astar Network and the protocols build on top of the network.
There is no on-chain proposal. The proposal created in this forum acts as an official proposal between Darwinia Network and Astar Network.
Technical details (WIP)
The procedure for opening the channels is as follows:
- Darwinia Network initializes a proposal to open Darwinia Network to the Astar Network HRMP channel via the Astar forum.
- Wait until the proposal on step 1 gets approved & enacted.
- Onboard your testnet on the Rococo relay chain and exchange public endpoints and parachain-ids.
- Wait until onboarding was successful on testnet.
- Astar Network proposes to accept the Darwinia Network to Astar Network HRMP channel and open a Astar Network to Darwinia Network HRMP channel via [Astar MuliSig Governance Batch call].
- Wait until the proposal on step 5 gets approved & enacted.
- Darwinia Network accepts the Astar Network to Darwinia Network HRMP channel.
- Wait for another session on Kusama/or/Polkadot for the change to be effective.
These extrinsics need to be called with the parachain’s sovereign account as the origin. To achieve this, on the Darwinia Network side we will use polkadot-xcm pallet to send XCM message to the relay chain, by executing the following extrinsic from the parachain. Astar Network should make an open request call and an accept request call with its pallet.
As a prerequisite, the parachain’s sovereign account must contain at least 10 KSM to be locked as collateral (5 for each channel direction), plus some KSM to pay for XCM execution fees.