Open HRMP Channel Between Astar Network and Phala Network

TL;DR

We propose to open HRMP communication between Astar Network and Phala Network. This will require actions on both chains.

Summary

We propose to open a bi-directional channel between Astar Network and Phala Network. The primary use cases will be:

1. To enable cross-parachain routing and support transferring Astar’s ecosystem assets to Ethereum via SubBridge.
  2. $PHA can be transferred to Astar to be used in the ecosystem of Astar Network and the protocols build on top of the network.
  3. When Phala Network’s Phat Contract comes to live, developers in Astar’s ecosystem will be able to build use cases with Phat Contract which allows sending HTTP requests from smart contracts. Developers will be able to utilize fat contract and XCM to build TEE-based price feed oracle, social data oracle, etc. for Astar’s ecosystem.
  4. To transfer Astar’s ecosystem assets to Phala Network so they can be privatized and transferred confidentially and anonymously.

Proposal

There is no on-chain proposal. The proposal created in this forum acts as an official proposal between Phala Network and Astar Network.

Technical details (WIP)

The procedure for opening the channels is as follows:

1. Phala Network initializes a proposal to open Phala Network to the Astar Network HRMP channel via the Astar forum.
  2. Wait until the proposal on step 1 gets approved & enacted.
  3. Onboard your testnet on the Rococo relay chain and exchange public endpoints and parachain-ids.
  4. Wait until onboarding was successful on testnet.
  5. Astar Network proposes to accept the Phala Network to Astar Network HRMP channel and open a Astar Network to Phala Network HRMP channel via [Astar MuliSig Governance Batch call].
  6. Wait until the proposal on step 5 gets approved & enacted.
  7. Phala Network accepts the Astar Network to Phala Network HRMP channel.
  8. Wait for another session on Kusama/or/Polkadot for the change to be effective.

These extrinsics need to be called with the parachain’s sovereign account as the origin. To achieve this, on the Phala Network side we will use polkadot-xcm pallet to send XCM message to the relay chain, by executing the following extrinsic from the parachain. Astar Network should make an open request call and an accept request call with its pallet.

As a prerequisite, the parachain’s sovereign account must contain at least 10 DOT to be locked as collateral (5 for each channel direction), plus some DOT to pay for XCM execution fees.

12 Likes

I would like to support this! Let’s make it happen.

5 Likes

I agree excellent idea

2 Likes

Definitely agree with opening HRMP channel with Phala! Let’s build and collab together to achieve extraordinary things :tada:

5 Likes

Absolutely agree, this is a great idea. Whenever we talk about connecting Astar Network with some other blockchain, I always agree

1 Like
Open and Accept channel
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Like the proposal and I will support it

1 Like

Great proposal! let’s get it done.