Hi everyone! My name is Nino and I am the CPO at Apillon.io. At Apillon we are looking to expand our smart contract offering for already existing Astar integration and the purpose of this post is to collect feedback from Astar community on the topic of smart contract expansion and the proposal validity.
In the Apillon Web3 development platform, the Polkadot parachain functionalities are abstracted and translated into ready-to-use, few-click Web3 services that can be combined to power multi-chain Web3 projects.
For more advanced users, API connectivity to parachains allows for more code customization and adjustment to project needs. Both methods reduce the Web3 development process to minutes from previously days or weeks.
Apillon current status:
- Current smart contracts support: ERC721 (EVM), RMRK nestable NFTs (EVM)
- Integrated parachains: ASTAR, CRUST, KILT, PHALA, MOONBEAM, Subsocial
- Integrated payment provider: Stripe (allowing users to pay for services with credit card)
- UI Dashboard, APIs, CLI, SDK - all production ready
- Prebuilt solutions: NFT collection deployment with NFT metadata storage (no code solution)
- Smart contract offering expansion
- EVM & WASM solutions
- Add support for Astar zkEVM
- No code, no GAS deployment over Apillon Credits
- No code Smart Contract configuration and deployment
- No code Smart Contract management
- Prebuilt full stack solution expansion
Apillon is proposing a project that expands the smart contract offering on Astar, ranging from EVM smart contract as well as WASM smart contracts on Apillon. This expansion would allow Apillon users/developers to simply deploy prebuilt, audited smart contracts with a few clicks, as well as enable the synergies between deployed Smart contracts and other Apillon enabled services such as decentralized storage, decentralized compute service, decentralized Authentication.
Main goal of this project is to expand the Astar smart contract offering on Apillon, and support zkEVM chain as soon as it is ready on Astar covering several typical blockchain use cases, thus enabling more users to engage with Astar parachain therefore increasing the adoption of Astar and increasing the adoption of Web3.
Since Apillon lives on the Application layer, the main purpose is to enable smooth, no-code Smart Contract deployment users can trust and enable access of deployed smart contracts via CLI, allowing developers to immediately start building the frontend solutions.
- Identify and integrate 5 smart contracts for EVM
- Integrate NFT WASM smart contract - PSP34
- Build custom UI wizards for each smart contract deployment
- Enable fiat/credits pricing for each smart contract, allowing users to deploy and use smart contracts without the need for ASTR token and ASTR token custody (all blockchain fees are paid by Apillon, therefore each deployment still has positive impact on ASTR token)
- Include newly integrated smart contracts in Apillon marketing/advertising attempts (currently Apillon is actively advertising on Twitter and Google)
- Include newly integrated smart contracts features in Apillon SEO (currently Apillon is SEO ranking on Decentralised storage)
To better understand what Apillon is building in this proposal, feel free to review the existing ERC721 Astar deployment flow:
You can either check the full demo video of the functionality here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQJnuvUo-xo
*Due to new user limitation on the forum of maximum 5 images per post, some of the flow images were skipped, so please refer to the video posted above. *
The purpose of displaying the existing flow:
- Users may choose to deploy ERC721 smart contract over Apillons dashboard, using a no code solution
- Users may choose to deploy smart contract over CLI
- The synergy between Smart Contract for NFTs and decentralized storage is established, making sure all NFTs created on Apillon have the corresponding Decentralised metadata storage (as it should be) without the need for the user to store metadata somewhere else
- At the end of the flow user is presented with 2 prebuilt templates by Apillon (VueJS and ReactJS) which can immediately be deployed to Apillons decentralized Hosting that supports free SSL and custom domains
- Users can then focus mainly on editing their Frontend template, focusing on the user experience while all the blockchain heavy lifting is handled by Apillon
- During the deployment users do not have to acquire ASTR tokens, instead ASTR tokens and fees payments are handled by Apillon, removing the friction for the user
- Once deployed, smart contract ownership may be taken over by the user by any of their blockchain accounts or “wallets”
This flow clearly displays what how Apillon is thinking about the future of Web3 development. This proposal therefore predicts similar flows for all new Smart contracts supported by Apillon if this proposal is successful.
- ERC4337 - Account Abstraction
- WASM NFT - PSP34
Apillon will pursue to support Astars new zkEVM with the ability to further extend the deployment of smart contracts. This support is also part of the grant financing.
Few months ago Apillon has successfully passed the OpenGov treasury proposal. Few days after successful proposal, Apillon has decided to Airdrop “gratitude NFTs” to all AYE voters in the proposal. To achieve this, Apillon has exported all AYE voters addresses and minted NFTs to those addresses - this was achieved over WASM smart contract and ASTAR parachain. Once minted, the NFT collection was immediately supported by PARAS marketplace allowing all recipients to view their newly minted NFTs.
Once we finished the process manually, we came to the conclusion that this functionality should be turned into a feature, allowing anyone in the Polkadot ecosystem or wider to execute similar airdrops.
WASM NFT airdrops are therefore one of the features of this proposal.
Overview of the solution:
Plug and play no code solution to airdrop NFTs to target addresses or Treasury proposal voters.
- Airdrop over WASM
- Free decentralised storage for Metadata
- Paras marketplace integration
- Smart address query from Proposal
Gratitude NFT minting and delivery by Apillon:
When the smart contract is deployed, users and developers want to know what is happening with the smart contract. This functionality is not directly available so Apillon proposes to build Subsquid for each smart contract proposed in this proposal, enabling feedback loop between the deployed and activity on chain.
- Subsquid per Smart Contract allows easy monitoring of deployed Smart Contract activity.
- User deploys premade Smart contract or Custom smart contract over Apillon
- Engine reads the ABI and allows user to configure which functions should become available as endpoints over API
- Configuration is deployed and the user may instantly use the Smart Contract from their dapp
- Subsquid is automatically deployed and endpoints created allowing developer to query the activity on deployed Smart Contract over API
Costs and deliverables
- Proposal posted on Astar forum
- Feedback collected
- Proposal adjusted (if needed)
- Proposal grant passed
- Smart Contract preparation, customization and internal audit
- Final design for all smart contract deployment flows
- Backend deployment automation development
- Frontend development
- Deployment cost estimation and per user accounting
- Final deployment and testing
Matjaž Sobočan, Co-Founder and CEO at Apillon
Matjaž is a seasoned professional with over 20 years of experience in various IT roles. Before becoming Apillon CEO, he held different senior positions at large enterprises, such as Fujitsu and Commvault.
Domen Uršič, Co-Founder and COO at Apillon
Domen is a marketing expert involved with blockchain-based projects since 2016. Prior to co-founding Apillon, he led a successful marketing agency, working with global businesses and brands, such as Uber, Hisense Europe, and the EU Commission.
Tadej Vengust, Co-Founder and CTO at Apillon
Tadej has contributed invaluable technical knowledge, powerful code and expert advisory support to many projects, including Aradena , 0xcert, and Genobank. He also collaborated on several open-source programs, mainly in the NFT, cryptography, and data management space.
Jure Soklič, Co-Founder and CFO at Apillon
Jure is a serial entrepreneur, CEO, and investor. His skills as the Co-Founder of Zymzo, Founder of Genie Yachting, and Founder of Hiveterminal are paired with a strong belief in the decentralized economy and bottom-up approach. He is also a former board member at one of Slovenia’s largest and strongest business groups and investment firms. [
Nino Kutnjak, CPO at Apillon
Nino sources from interdisciplinary expertise in academic UX research and extensive professional experience at IT powerhouses such as Microsoft, Telekom, Sailbrace, Iconomi (CPO), and Futourist (CTO) to develop and perfect the Apillon platform. Nino maintains a strong focus on user perspective and experience, as well as the technological capabilities and opportunities of the space.
Patrik Kogoj, Head of Growth at Apillon and Polkadot Ambassador
Patrik is recognized for his diverse marketing expertise and exceptional ability to fuel business growth, particularly through live events and collaboration with other Web3 projects. He has successfully spearheaded numerous projects in the Web3 realm and constantly pours great effort into nurturing and growing the Web3 space, particularly Polkadot.