Treasury Proposal for zkEVM Launch

Thank you for your support on this matter, Carlos.

While I am truly happy about the allocation of budget for the development of Astar ZkEvm, I will always make my stance clear regarding the non-support of meme tokens from the treasury. The main reasons for this are:

1. It will not attract users to the Astar Network ecosystem for anything other than farming money.

2. It lacks a long-term goal and will merely be a minor hype.

3. The Astar treasury being used for liquidity for a different token, which unfortunately will not contribute to the ecosystem.

4. Considering the number of users on Astar, the meme token is bound to go down continually, and it will only fill the pockets of certain individuals.

Although I am open to every opinion, my stance on the meme token part will always be clear. Besides, even though I like meme token frenzies, do not forget that the Astar treasury belongs to the community. It will always be more sensible to spend it on development.

I kindly request that those who apply for funding for the meme token come with their real identities. I am sorry, but I will not consent to the treasury being spent without good reason.

Thank you.

4 Likes

From my PoV, meme token devs still have the right to apply for the treasury, well they are also part of the community. But we always can vote nay if we dont like that. But from me, I probably will approve one or two meme proposal. a lot of big chains became big because meme, it attracts liquidity, users, etc. On the bad side, some of the individuals will get extremely rich if they are going to sell their own.

But as long we can keep the balance between the serious and the fun one. Why not?

5 Likes

I like the positions you put forward, Rudy. I am actually in favor of the allocation of the requested amount to the campaign launch, I just didnā€™t like the seriousness in development that Astar has shown so far.

2 Likes

I was a little short on words, so I will add a few more.

I am in favor of incentivizing ā€œMemeā€, but I have my doubts about supporting ā€œMeme Coinā€.
Incentivizing ā€œMemeā€ is for creative works (marketing), for example Meme contests.

While there have been recent moves by the Avalanche Foundation to support Meme Coin, we believe that it is most important that the expansion of Meme Coin be done by the community. I donā€™t think it is culturally appropriate for foundations and others to support it.

However, that is not to deny everything. As a community, if we think it should be supported, we will accept it.

4 Likes

For me, $ASTR itself is like a meme coin, especially since it will not use as a gas token in zkEVM. The positions of $ASTR seem to be slightly different from $ARB, $OP, $MATIC etc. So we need to consider that as well.

Donā€™t let $ASTR become a meme coin. :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Will there be Astr/Matic liquidity pool in Quickswap to attract Polygon supporters to Astar Network?

3 Likes

@JCFishing
We canā€™t share details about the current deals/commitments, but we plan to attract Polygon supporters to the Astar Network and collaborate with various DeFis and DEXs as well :wink:

5 Likes

Can we have some clarification on this please?

2 Likes

At this moment Ethereum Layers2 uses ETH to pay the fees, with the next updates planned for 2024 it will be possible to pay with any token (in this case ASTR on Layer2 )
@mayan You can have a better understanding about how it will impact Ethereum and L2s :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am si happy to have landed before the launch for ZkEVM at Astar. I find it very exciting to see how the community participates giving ideas and excited about the launch.

I have experience making audiovisual content, I will be encouraged to collaborate in the dissemination of the launch. We have to make potential investors see the power of the community from all sides.

3 Likes

I support the proposal. However, itā€™s important to understand the competitive landscape that we currently have in regards to L2 liquidity. Most of them are using aggressive incentives towards airdrops to generate wealth for users, ensuring that the liquidity stays within the ecosystem through DeFi protocols and other methods. I agree on hackathons and liquidity and marketing incentives for projects that provide value to Astar zkEVM. But, itā€™s important to consider the userā€™s perspective

5 Likes

Totally agree. It would be great to be able to evaluate this you mention from a perspective more focused on enriching the user (without abusing us with incentives). AirDrops as you mention, are a great method to achieve this.

2 Likes

In order to increase the popularity of the zkEVM side, we need to attract l2 users who are already potential customers. Focusing on such campaigns will take us to a higher level and make our name known in the Ethereum ecosystem. Please focus on this side, this should be the main goal. If L-2 users are very crazy, we can reach a very comfortable extra 500,000 wallets in a short time like 1 month for zkEVM.

Apart from that, I am glad to hear your attractive offer for DOT holders. This should be our second goal, we have a difference and perhaps an advantage over other L-2s. What? ā€˜Polkadot ecosystem powerā€™ On the one hand, we can attract active users to our side with DOT incentive programmes. This would make sense for both DOT, ETH and astr.

The section titled ā€˜ā€˜Marketing Grants & Supportā€™ā€™ is a bit superficial and what is intended to be explained is not conveyed. How will the expenditures here be? Is it only through projects or will there be collaborations and expenditures with active people (infiluencer or agents) in the network?

I am a person who loves meme culture and we need to somehow draw attention to the L-2s dump (I say this because there are too many of them now, otherwise my field is L-2 projects and I love them). We can do this with MEME culture and a solid campaign.

This turning point is very important for us, friends, I will be following you in this process. We have to succeed for Astar. I will ask you to transfer all your expenses here transparently in the coming days. We should not make unnecessary expenses anymore, so I will follow you. I support your campaign to make us number 1 Layer-2.

4 Likes

Thanks brother, this is very helpful @VasaKing :pray:

3 Likes

@MrKarahanli-Emre

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, it is valuable feedback!
of course, we are going to share reports and the expenses publicly to keep the transparency!

Regarding the Marketing Grants & Support, it is created to boost the visibility and engagement of projects within the Astar ecosystem, focusing on the Ethereum community! It involves a strategic allocation of funds: 50% to teams in Korea and Japan, 30% to a global external team, and 20% supported by the Astar Foundation. The grant covers a range of marketing activities, including digital and offline marketing, events, user incentives, and working with external agencies. The objective is to expose at least 20 teams to an audience of over 10 million, with funds distributed quarterly to ensure ongoing support throughout 2024. Thereā€™s a strong emphasis on generating large awareness and quality leads, with grant recipients required to submit detailed reports on their objectives, metrics, and achievements, which we are going to share here as well

2 Likes

We will use this wallet for all the operations -Zz2oq5aqUuDrZhGACNxchEe47M1UV8A9DB1d3ni55drwRGN

Posing here for the transparency!

3 Likes

The proposal is requesting $1M worth of ASTR tokens.

With Subscanā€™s current EMA7 ($0.177), $1,000,000 is equivalent to 5,649,718 ASTR tokens.

Wallet: Zz2oq5aqUuDrZhGACNxchEe47M1UV8A9DB1d3ni55drwRGN

We will now start the voting process. All community members with a trust level of 2 or higher can vote on this proposal. The vote will last 5 days.

Allocate 5,649,718 ASTR tokens from the Astar Treasury to the Astar Foundation for the zkEVM Launch
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
6 Likes

I vote yes, I look forward to great success for zkEVM and this is certainly an important piece in achieving that success!

Less Go!

4 Likes

Well I canā€™t vote yet because I am very new :smiling_face_with_tear:. But I like to see the interaction of the community, making decisions together. So much success, Iā€™m sure the goal will be reached. :wink:

4 Likes

check out more info about the zkEVM here:

5 Likes