AGE OF CHRONOS : dApp Staking proposal

You should stake your own token on your own dApp.

This is expected, since it’s not preventable in a decentralized system.
And it’s expected that devs might (will) use the rewards to boost their own tier.
Again, it’s not something that can be prevented in a decentralized system.

This has nothing to do with ethics and respect. It’s about decentralized system.
And there’s no way to really prove your claims in this regard - you might be staking lots of team ASTR on your own project. I’m not saying you are, but am trying to make a point.

I have read a lot of your posts here and in the dApp staking v3 thread. As a dev that worked a lot on dApp staking v3, I didn’t perceive your comments to be constructive at all. Of course it might be due to my perception, but I’m just sharing as I see it. You have mostly complained and pointed fingers, labeling things.

Others really went out of their way to propose actual potential solutions.

The only part I see that’s good about this proposal for your project is that you’d get higher rewards without having to attract more stakers.

However, the part that I don’t understand in all of the made comparisons is how is suddenly this a big problem?
ASTR was valued at around 0.05$ about 4 months ago.
Now it’s around 0.16$, and it was around 0.18-0.19$ for around 2 months maybe.

So the rewards that developers were receiving has at least tripled, and almost quadrupled in that time period. With the introduction of dApp staking v3, according to the analysis you provided, your rewards have decreased roughly 10x, and you don’t want to stake your own tokens.

Based on this, your rewards, compared to few months ago, have been decreased roughly by 60%. But if you get into tier 3, they will be roughly 4x higher than before.

I’d suggest you stake your own tokens on your own dApp, as suggested above.
Bring yourself into tier 3. Attract more stakers.
Get yourself into tier 2. Get even higher rewards.
And so on.

With a good product as yours, and with the higher staker APR, it should be easier for you to do so than before.

2 Likes