Dwellir - dApp Staking Application

Hello Astar community! I’m Gustav, CEO of Dwellir, and I’m excited to introduce our company to you.

At Dwellir, we are dedicated to providing reliable and efficient infrastructure for the decentralized web. That’s why we are excited to announce that we are applying for the Astar dApp Staking listing. We believe that by joining the Astar ecosystem, we can contribute to the growth and success of decentralized projects like yours. We look forward to working with you and becoming a valuable partner in the Astar community.

Project Overview

Dwellir is a reliable infrastructure provider for the decentralized web. We offer RPC services for various projects, including Kusama, Polkadot, Astar, Shiden, and Shibuya. On a daily basis, we process a high volume of JSON RPC requests - currently at 80 million and aiming to reach 2 billion in Q2 of next year. By supporting these projects, we strive to contribute to the growth and development of the decentralized ecosystem.

At Dwellir, we prioritize decentralization and sustainability by operating our own bare metal infrastructure. This not only helps to spread the network away from public cloud providers, but also allows us to have a more stable cost structure compared to cloud providers that may experience fluctuations in pricing.

Additionally, our infrastructure is designed to handle the high traffic demands of the decentralized ecosystem. Using a smart cluster stack, we are able to quickly and effectively scale up and down as needed to handle sudden increases in traffic - a crucial capability in the rapidly-evolving world of decentralized projects. Trust Dwellir to provide the reliable and efficient infrastructure your project needs to succeed.

RPC stats from the last 30 days

At Dwellir, we understand the challenges that developers and operations teams face when it comes to managing the infrastructure of decentralized projects. That’s why we offer a range of services designed to take the workload off of your plate and allow you to focus on what you do best.

As an infrastructure provider, we at Dwellir are committed to ensuring the smooth operation and security of Astar, Shiden, and Shibuya nodes. To achieve this, we offer a range of services, including:

• Hosting multiple instances of the nodes
  • 24/7 monitoring of core functions, including our scaling mechanism
  • Ongoing security improvements
  • Regular updates, upgrades, and optimizations
  • Close communication with development teams

We currently operate two clusters in Northern Europe and one in North Africa, with plans to open another cluster in Central Africa in Q1 2023. Trust us to provide the support and reliability your project needs to succeed.

We are open to collaborate with Astar projects under a win-win partnership. Feel free to contact us.

Outcomes

By choosing Dwellir as your infrastructure provider, you can expect the following outcomes:

1. Improved decentralization of the Astar ecosystem through our use of bare-metal infrastructure
  2. Enhanced user experience within the Astar, Shiden, and Shibuya ecosystems through reliable network availability
  3. Increased focus on core business problems for your team as we take on the strain of DevOps tasks

We believe that by partnering with us, you can reap the benefits of a more decentralized, reliable, and innovative ecosystem. Let us help you achieve your goals and drive your project’s success.

Past Performance:

Since March 6th 2022, we have been running public RPC-services for Astar and Shiden, and in May we added support for Shibuya. This demonstrates our commitment to supporting projects at all stages of development.

Our services have achieved high uptime levels, ensuring that users can depend on them to meet their needs. We have also prioritized safety in the operation of our RPC-services, implementing measures to protect the security and integrity of chains’ data.

In addition, we have implemented robust monitoring systems to ensure that we can quickly identify and address any potential issues that may arise. Overall, our track record in running public RPC-services showcases our ability to deliver uptime, safety, and reliable monitoring.

dApp Staking Reward Usage Breakdown:

All rewards from dApp Staking will be used for the Astar common goods and operations including but not limited to:

1. Bare-metal machines in three locations (2 x Europe and North Africa) (40%)

2. 24/7 Monitoring of core functions including scaling mechanism (30%)

3. Continuous updates, upgrades, optimizations (20%)

4. Continuous security improvements (10%)

Appendix:

Here are the basic links to our service

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DwellirOfficial

End points

• wss ://astar-rpc.dwellir.com
  • https ://astar-rpc.dwellir.com
  • wss ://shiden-rpc.dwellir.com
  • https ://shiden-rpc.dwellir.com
  • wss ://shibuya-rpc.dwellir.com
  • https ://shibuya-rpc.dwellir.com
9 Likes

It is good to have you with us. Looking forward to see your dapp in our portal

dwellir wants deliver RPC endpoints, not dApp per se.

I think that the proposal helps to make the network more decentralized and/or stable. I can only suggest that would be good also to deliver Grafana’s dashboards for RPCs, for near time some basic information and in the future as a community we can together analyze which charts are really needed and really worth to maintain. That is just comment and I think that those charts could be really helpful. Are you going maybe to open source configuration files? I know that running professionally a node is time consuming job and would be helpful also to be able to look at how it is implemented by professional DevOps company, especially I am curious whether are you going to use Ansible.

Let’s make upgrades smoothly even on Friday evening, or would even say in “decentralized” way of working in any time. :wink:

2 Likes

Dwellir has proven to be a very reliable partner since the beginning, infrastructure is at the heart of Astar, I’m supporting this proposal.

I am supporting this proposal. Dwellir has been supporting Astar for a long time.

3 Likes

Definitely support this proposal. Dwellir seems to be reliable and it also help Astar to be more decentralized! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm support!

To answer your questions: To make Grafana dashboards public is feasible. Today we have Grafana dashboards on all of our services. It is about to expose those dashboards publicly. Other people have requested that information too, so it’s on the roadmap.

We use Juju/Charm as our DevOps framework. We don’t use Ansible. It’s also on the roadmap to make a public substrate charm that we would publish on Charmhub.

When managing a lot of services the infrastructure needs to be treated as code. Juju/cham is a great way of handling the full life-cycle of a service (start, restart, upgrade, restart, re-deploy etc). Our CTO, Erik, usually gives community workshops on Juju. I recommend attending if you want to learn more.

3 Likes
Join Astar dApp Staking
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Thanks for the support! We will now move forward with deploying a smart contract on Astar’s EVM.

1 Like

All things are going usually!

1 Like