StarSwap - Builders Program Application

Thank you for the proposal and for your interest in Builders Program. Community driven projects have higher chances of success in web3 space. I see a lot of focus on community, does that mean StarSwap will eventually transition to DAO or already one from launch?

Why did you launch the first 1000 StarCards NFT when the project hasn’t been launched yet? does it mean those are meant for some selected few? not community? how about the remaining 2000 NFTs how do you intend to distribute them among the community in a fair manner?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey @cmalize thank you for the kind words, yeah community-focused, community-driven projects build the most successful defi platforms.

With the NFT governance, from the beginning itself StarSwap will be operating way better than the current DAOs. The team owns only 10 in the 1000 NFTs, you won’t be able to get decentralisation beyond that :slight_smile:

The main reason why the community got to mint StarCards before the arrival of DEX is, its the holders of these NFTs who govern (voting on platform operations to make decisions) the platform. Listing on DEX, listing of projects on NFT staking, everything will be done through community voting, so at least a 1000 NFTs needed to be out there first. Our plan was to let the community mint the second phase as well before the DEX and third phase after the launch of DEX.

Like several other projects on Astar, we also had to postpone it a bit with the sudden crash happened in the market, it will be launched afterwards in a fair manner, there won’t be any WL for the next phase so everyone in the community gets a fair chance.

6 Likes

I like what you intend to do here. For Point 3, how are you going to deliver it in a trustless manner?

2 Likes

Hi @moonme thank you for sharing it :slight_smile:

It’s done through an LGE contract, totally trustless, we have no role in it once the contract is deployed, automatically transferred to create liquidity. The contracs for this will be open to all after our launch (please check the github repo provided for the council members) in fact we really recommend other projects to use it (happy to help with the setup as well as this framework promotes community focused, transparent launch of projects - and the funds raised used to provide liquidity instead of using for other purposes - which we are already seeing as a big drawback in a couple of other projects.)

Please find more details about the launch here: StarSwap Fair Launch (Liquidity Generation Event) - StarSwap Docs

2 Likes

I fully support StarSwap to join the builders program, I was noticed StarSwap when it first came out and it has the best quality and sincerity I have ever seen. With the heavy setback in the market, StarSwap still sold out 1000 NFT cards very fast. Even though the team only holds 10 NFT card, they are always developing products and the team is constantly talking to and for the benefit of the community, which is very much in the spirit of Web 3.0. I believe StarSwap could become a new star on Astar Network!

3 Likes

Thank you so much @yuliao_web3. Really appreciate the support :pray:

Thanks for your recommendation!

2 Likes

I’ve been following this team since they started communicating about their project, and created their discord. I’ve joined and tried to help, by reaching the French community. I would like to say that it’s a project I appreciate greatly. The team is transparent in its decision process, feedbacks are constant and the community at heart, the discord is very lively, thanks to the team initiatives, that always provides excitement and motivation. I think a dex with an added NFT utility layer is a great idea, which would benefit the Astar ecosystem, specially lead by an experimented and caring team. StarSwap, I believe, would be an excellent addition to the builders program. Thank you kindly for listening.

1 Like

Now it is time for the Council to vote. Please do your due diligence and vote wisely!

Join Builders Program
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

I did some research in the last project you guys made(PumpKitten). I would like to know why the GitHub link is broken and if the articles made by Entrepreneur and Fantom Spotlight, were organic or paid.
Another question will be which project was forked to create all the 8 solidity contracts currently on StarSwap repository.
Thank you

1 Like

It’s not paid @defiguy, it’s done from fantom foundation, it would be like Sota taking money from us to post about our project in Astar Network if it was paid :smiley: Fantom CEO, CMO and almost everyone in the community was so supportive about the success of the NFT project (it was the first NFTs on Fantom to cross many milestones).

The Pumpkittens contract, and also the Diamond links on github are working, maybe we forgot to updated a wrong link somewhere or maybe clicked the wrong link.

Regardless, the contract is already verified and open for anyone in FTMscan as well :slight_smile: Pumpkittens (PK) Token Tracker | FtmScan

As a matter of fact all our contracts on Astar will be public too, the StarCards one is already open in here: StarCards (StarCards) - Astar (EVM) - BlockScout

All the DEXes are forked from Uniswap as that’s like the gold standard, so are we. Though our NFTs, Treasury, NFT staking and a couple of other features that are not included in standard DEXes are built by us, but those contracts will be available for all too.

We believe every DeFi project should be transparent with the things they do, and that would be how we do things.

7 Likes