Your vote counts: "unclaimed token issue" the advantages and disadvantages of voting yes or no

I disagree and the reason for my decision is that once i was interested in what the plasm network was working towards i found myself doing my own research and DD seen as i was putting my eth to work. I had never done a lockdrop before this so i reed and followed all instructions on discord and TG. Even youtuber showed you the correct way to enter into the lockdrop and claim your PLM. I even created my own wallet for my PLM and backed it up then deleted and reinstalled it just to make sure it was safe and the balance was correct. Every article had answers to question that one would ask about the lockdrop. I believe one of the most important ones was (When do i receive my PLM?) STRAIGHT AWAY was the answer. So why would you assume you had your Plm token but not check your wallet balance STRAIGHT AWAY?. Imo a community is based on individuals that stay connected with a tight bond and members talk to each other and help with solution for the interest of that group of people and does not disappear then once there is a problem come bk pointing the finger and doing the blame game as we have saw in chats which i did not want to bring up. We all got the same information and acted on it.If 90% of participants successfully claimed their token in the lockdrop then thats a successfully lockdrop to me. Plus Sota extended the claim time. What more could you ask for.

5 Likes

I agree, the 6.9% is a lot of people. I only see benefits from giving them the chance to become more active in the community.

4 Likes
  1. This is a no brainer, and the team has already given the answer for a month and a half. The team deciding after so long to now change their position and put it to a community vote is a poor decision and bad time to try and move towards decentralization. To have the first community vote over a contested issue from an overly vocal minority is not a good start and doesnā€™t reflect well on the team.

2. This is the wrong forum to conduct a poll, many people have no idea it even exists, and this vote will not represent a reasonable portion of the community. Those with a vested interest in the outcome have far too much say in this case. Iā€™m glad to have found this forum so I can stay better informed on Plasm, but I am disappointed that it is for this reason.

3 Likes

I see we have to spend a time here to be able to vote, but I notice we can vote in telegram, why we are not just making a vote in the telegram group to see people just voting what their guts are thinking, as a first passā€¦ with some options that we can write here in the forum. something simple, like for example 3-4 options. then people can vote in telegram easily and fast, we will see the percentage of votes in a short amount of time, voting in telegram is very comfortable for everybody. After that probably people will have a discussion about the votations in the telegram chatā€¦ and maybe after some chats and people changing his mind after read some different opinions we could have a new votation in telegram with maybe some new and more clever opinions. (just a idea, excuse me for my english)

1 Like

Is it not possible to vote using an address due to technical issues?

No. I hope the Plasm team doesnā€™t fall into that trap and make a determination without community support. It might seem like the easy way but is in fact a poisoned chalice. The community will never forget it.

1 Like

No for many reasons. Robots can vote just the same as humans but faster and in bigger numbers in a short period of time. Humans can register many accounts and out vote you while you are sleeping.

1 Like

I hope everyone who can will vote. It seems there is a perception issues like this is harmless to the Plasm community. Iā€™m not so sure. The reason is because energy and resources has been diverted to deal with this where it could be used on many projects including ZK Rollups which alone is estimated at 3 months. If this gets pushed out to 3+ months, would that affect how you vote? Today, we vote for unclaimed tokens. Tomorrow maybe someone will get scammed and want the community to do something (this actually happened recently in Polkadot).

2 Likes

thatĀ“s true, we should have this in consideration.

1 Like

Totally agree, voting needs to be protected against bots and such. There more than 80 people able to vote atm.

2 Likes

Thank you both for your comments. Letā€™s see how this vote ends.

1 Like

Agreed, give second chance

1 Like

Hoping for the best outcome :100:

1 Like

here is the result. Thank you for your participation.

https://forum.astar.network/t/poll-whether-we-should-issue-token-for-unclaimed-participants-of-lockdrop-2-or-not/218/36

1 Like