Astar meetups in Venezuela 🇻🇪

Hi Chris! Thanks for your comments!

These would be the first Astar events in Venezuela, so this would be the first step to do great things locally.

Personally I would like this not to be the only step, I want this to be part of an ongoing work where we can also in the future reach universities and other technical spaces where we can do on boarding of developers for Astar and Polkadot. My idea is that in the future we can also work with other players in the Polkadot ecosystem to expand the local vision.

1 Like

Voted YES! Great initiatives, wish you all best!

2 Likes

Hi there! We have started to spread the word about the event to reach as many users as possible, @EzioRed and I are very excited!

We would appreciate your like and retweet!

3 Likes

We have managed to get publications of the meetups in Cointelegraph and CriptoInforme, a regional media focused on Web3.

1 Like

Glad to see this proposal and organize the event in Venezuela, I would like to support this one as Carlos introduced, I am curious about the format, will you also have youtube videos so more people would join online as well, and do you already get an estimation or collect the infor of people who will join this event? I think it would be great if we can get more people involved and hopefully some new users to Astar eco!

3 Likes

Greetings, it’s great to see new and fresh enthusiasts here. Please continue to use your enthusiasm to grow the primer network! Carlos is a dear friend of mine, it’s great that he brought you here <3

Can you give me the source of some information?
I would like a source for ‘Venezuela is one of the 5 countries that use crypto the most’ please. On what basis did you say that?
Also “Drive with the respective budgets: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XUwcnvlD_bLjTF_dCEGP9pcBvKGnYYXJ?usp=drive_link 1 ‘’
an access request is required for this file. I will ask you to approve @vddfdf The vote is now active. I cannot vote ‘YES’ in the vote until access is approved.

As someone who has co-hosted many events, I am curious to see what exactly will be the feedback from this event.

I would like you to collect user data and analyze user personas. They should leave a lasting mark on our network, not just leave after a nice chat. We need these people and it’s best to collect data from them…

2 Likes

Hello Emre! Thank you very much for the wishes and welcome!

About usability in Venezuela, Chainalysis has positioned Venezuela in several reports as one of the countries with more use of cryptocurrencies.

In 2020 its report positioned it as the 3rd country with the highest global adoption (https://www.chainalysis.com/blog/2020-global-cryptocurrency-adoption-index-2020/).

In 2021 it was positioned within the top-10 countries with the highest global adoption (https://www.chainalysis.com/blog/2021-global-crypto-adoption-index/).

In its last report in 2023 it reinforced the idea that Venezuela’s case was a model to follow for several countries (https://www.chainalysis.com/blog/latin-america-cryptocurrency-adoption/).

About the Drive, you already have access Emre :slight_smile:

Focusing on the “user persona”, we are focusing on end users. As mentioned above, this is a first step with which we hope to position the idea of Astar in this ecosystem.
We hope to take a second step for more technical events, although everything will depend on the reception we get here.

2 Likes

Thanks CAO for your interest in the proposal.

We will be doing our best to have videos via streaming, we are evaluating some logistical elements that we have not budgeted for it, but we will do our best.

1 Like

Congratulations @EzioRed @carlitosway :tada:

Your proposal has been accepted by the Astar Community.

Provide your native ASTR address in this discussion to receive 10135.4 ASTR.

3 Likes

It’s great to see more activity from LATAM. I usually want to support more types of these events. Generally, I prefer more technical events to onboard as many developers as possible for the ecosystem. In this case, it seems more like an introduction for end-users. Maybe if you add a side event for development, it can be very beneficial.

4 Likes

Thank you so much!

The native ASTR address is:

ZD5QPwn88j9tmnEMVC3xxkrPYY44wRrmc5T7ZtMVL1Kx2kv

Hi defiguy. Thanks for your happiness in favor of do more things in LATAM.

Certainly, reaching more devs is something that is in the planning. Personally, I have good relations with large universities in Venezuela where we can reach agreements for more technical events oriented to this, to achieve education spaces with devs. It is something we want to do and that surely in the coming months we will do in cooperation with other actors in the Polkadot ecosystem.

1 Like

Congrats guys, looking forward on your report!

2 Likes

I am no longer an Astar ambassador, but I like to participate in the forum.

Ezzio is a great person and it is fantastic to have an event in Venezuela.

I fully support the idea

MacZam

1 Like

I am excited about this event, I know that the Venezuelan community has been very active, it is very exciting that they know about other projects and Astar can be known in more spaces. :rocket: I wish we could also replicate it in Lima :peru:

2 Likes

Thank you, the foundation will unlock the funds. I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Hello @EzioRed,

Funds have been transferred to ZD5QPwn88j9tmnEMVC3xxkrPYY44wRrmc5T7ZtMVL1Kx2kv.

Good luck with your events and be sure to share regular updates and photos in this discussion.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! Thank you all for supporting our proposal! @EzioRed and I will do our best and communicate our final results. Here are some details about the management of the event:

We have decided to use Luma for the management of the two meetups, in each one you will find details such as people who are already registered, topics we will discuss, location and more:

Astar network - Valencia meetup: Astar Network - Valencia meetup · Luma
Astar network - Caracas meetup: Astar Network - Caracas meetup · Luma

We are also in the news! https://es.cointelegraph.com/news/astar-network-starts-educational-meetups-in-venezuela

Finally, we created a post on instagram which was promoted: Ezio Rojas on Instagram: "Llegó el momento de formar parte de la evolución financiera y tecnologica 🧑‍💻 Astar Network llega a Valencia y a Caracs para hablar sobre Blockchain, NFTs, staking, Smart Contracts y mucho más 📡 ¿Quieres aprender de todo esto? 🤔 ¡Te esperamos este 3 de mayo en Valencia y 6 de mayo en Caracas en un par de meetups totalmente GRATUITOS!‼️ Los espacios son limitados. Registrate desde el link en mi biografía y asegura tu cupo. ⚠️"

5 Likes

Thanks Mac!
We will do a good job!

Thanks Audi!

I am very sure we’ll soon see events like this in Peru!

1 Like