Shiden indexing grant
Developers who use the Covalent API to access all Class A endpoints (as defined in existing Covalent documentation) to pull all on-chain data to a level that is done similarly to other blockchains that Covalent has engaged with to date. Noting that items 6,7,8 are optional based on the Astar ecosystem, and will require smart contracts to be live on the platform but are not mandatory. These are ways which Covalent proposes to provide value on an ongoing basis.
Our vision is to empower the pioneers of tomorrow by providing the richest and most robust data infrastructure for the entire blockchain ecosystem.
This is done by providing a single API to query any piece of data across 12+ blockchains, which is used by 10,000+ developers, and 300+ live projects including Coingecko, Zerion, Sovryn, 0X, NFTX, and hundreds of others.
How Covalent works:
Covalent is an ELT data pipeline that ingests all on-chain data which comes from blockchains. This can save developers hundreds of hours of development per year where they can focus on shipping products opposed to building or maintaining their own data infrastructure.
“Blockchains make data transparent, but by default that data is raw making it very difficult to analyze, interpret, and understand. Covalent is helping us create meaningful KPIs around Moonbeam platform usage. We are using these KPIs to understand the growth of our ecosystem and to focus our energy into the highest impact areas. Covalent’s comprehensive data set means we can iterate on and refine these KPIs as we learn more, without having to rebuild from scratch.” - Derek Yoo, CEO of Purestake / Moonbeam Network
- Index the partner’s public blockchains (Dusty, Shiden, and Astar) exposing all Type A end points
- Dedicated to Astar Reference page for developers, eg. Polygon page
- Make users of grantee’s API aware of data availability of partners blockchain data
- Partner to add Covalent to all developer documentation, and include Covalent in marketing collateral ( Pre-announcement, Post-integration)
- Join announcement (Post-Integration)
- Conduct a joint hackathon titled 1 Million Wallets Shiden edition (Post-Integration)
- 6 joint marketing or promotional activities per calendar year to mutually educate Covalent community and Astar community (Post- Integration)
- Right of first refusal for hackathons or event sponsorship (optional, but would be nice)
The End Date shall be less than 1 elapsed year from the Effective Date of the Agreement. The Agreement may be extended based on the mutual agreement of the Parties expressed in writing.
Funding & Disbursement:
The amount to be funded from the company to the grantee is $88,888.88 (USD) of crypto currency with
Shiden also known as $SDN which will be paid in two tranches:
- 50% paid as a deposit prior to any work being conducted
- 50% paid once integration has been completed
A general proposed timeline is detailed as follows is to be expected, but is subject to change once work begins.
Covalent will begin the indexing, and initial groundwork.
1 day: An Engineer from Astar ecosystem will be made available to fill in informational gaps that are not available in documentation
10 days: Covalent will work together to prepare documentation as well as go to market and marketing materials.
1 day: Joint announcement of the indexing including announcing to all partners in the Covalent ecosystem that data is now available via API.
14 day promotion: Joint 1Million Wallets Hackathon.
7 day feature: of partner on chain data for Alpha Alarm (@alphaalarmhq)