Customizable on-chain growth analytics tool for Astar

Dear Astar Community,

I hope this message finds you all well. I am pleased to provide an update on our progress with the Astar analytics tool implementation for the first two weeks. I am happy to inform you that we have successfully completed the tasks outlined in the roadmap, and everything is going according to plan.

During Weeks 1-2, we focused on gathering metrics for the Astar dashboard. Our team worked closely with Astar’s team to collect all the necessary on-chain and off-chain metrics required. We also had a kickoff meeting to understand the available data sources and Astar’s desired outcomes.

As a result of our efforts, we have accomplished the following:

• Astar mainnet data indexed: We have successfully indexed the data from the Astar mainnet, ensuring that we have access to the necessary data for analysis.

• Astar data model designed: Based on the requirements gathered, we have designed a data model that can support the types of analysis needed by Astar. This data model will lay the foundation for our future work. (Please also note that this may change slightly during implementation, taking into account performance aspects and feedback on the provided dashboards in next steps).
    Data model attached below:

Moving forward, in Weeks 3-4, we will begin implementing the data model and setting up the data pipelines. This phase will involve bringing in data from various sources, defining data transformations and cleaning rules, and building a data warehouse. Additionally, we will connect the data model to the Tokenguard app, enabling real-time insights for the Astar team.

If you have any questions or need further clarification, please feel free to reach out.

—-----------------------
According to the agreed payment schedule, here is the 2nd payment information:
Amount calculated in ASTR token of a 7-day average:
Tokenguard account on Astar: b6VtNRwa9MJ4ZzDbBVxTZ6k6J86d9kTGEZzkPmJ22T2EXth
7 day average (SubScan ASTR open price between 26/05-01/06/23): $ 0.04992238765
Payment in USD: $5,220
Payment in ASTR: 104,562.3065

Thanks

3 Likes

Please find the updated payment information for the 2nd payment:
7 day average (SubScan ASTR open price between 30/05-05/06/23): $ 0.4960366356
Payment in USD: $5,220
Payment in ASTR: 104,830.9666

Thanks

1 Like

the second payment made:

1 Like

Dear Astar Community,

I wanted to provide an update on our progress with the Astar Dashboard project and I am pleased to inform you that everything is going according to plan, and we have successfully completed the tasks scheduled for this phase.

During Weeks 3-4 , our primary focus was on implementing the data model and setting up the necessary data pipelines for the Astar Dashboard. We worked diligently to bring in data from various sources, define data transformations and cleaning rules, and build a robust data warehouse. Additionally, we successfully connected the data model to the Tokenguard app, which will play a crucial role in providing real-time insights to the Astar team.

The key deliverables achieved during this phase are as follows:

1. Astar data model implemented: We have completed the implementation of the data model, ensuring that the necessary data pipelines are in place. This allows us to efficiently bring in data from various sources and store it in a structured manner for analysis.
  2. Basic Astar dashboard available for testing: We have developed an initial version of the Astar dashboard, which is now available for testing. This version provides essential insights and key performance indicators (KPIs) that will help the Astar team monitor and evaluate their operations effectively.

Our next steps will focus on refining the dashboard based on feedback and ensuring it aligns with stakeholder needs. We will work closely with the Astar team to gather their input and incorporate any necessary changes or enhancements. This iterative process will enable us to fine-tune the dashboard and make it even more valuable to Astar’s operations.

If you have any questions or need further clarification, please feel free to reach out.

1 Like

Please find the payment information for the 3rd payment:
7 day average (SubScan ASTR open price between 09-15/06/23): $ 0.03818718323
Payment in USD: $5,600
Payment in ASTR: 146,646.061

Thankns

1 Like

Payment executed:

1 Like

Is it available for testing by other users, or is it exclusive to the core team?

1 Like

Dear Astar Community,

I wanted to provide you with an update on the progress of our Astar Dashboard project. During Weeks 5-6, our focus was on developing custom dashboards and metrics to empower the Astar team in monitoring and evaluating their operations effectively. The implementation was based on the prepared graphic designs and incorporated the requirements and feedback from the Astar team.

In terms of on-chain and off-chain metrics, we are in the process of development of the following custom dashboards:

1. Custom Dapp Staking Metrics (1st dashboard): This dashboard provides insights into staking activities, allowing the team to track and analyze staking trends and performance.

2. On-chain Development Activity Metrics (2nd dashboard): This dashboard focuses on measuring on-chain development activities, providing visibility into the progress and engagement of developers within the Astar ecosystem.

3. Off-chain Developer Activity Tracking (3rd dashboard): To gauge developer engagement, we have integrated the GitHub API to track developer activity and utilized the StackExchange API to monitor developer discussions. These metrics offer valuable insights into developer contributions and interactions.

To provide you with a visual representation of the progress, we have attached a Figma prototype. @fouad Please note that the alpha version for testing is currently limited to team members. You can access the prototype via the following link: https://tinyurl.com/5cxpywef

Looking ahead, Weeks 7-8 will be dedicated to developing the final version of the Astar dashboard. This phase will involve connecting all external services, addressing any identified bugs, integrating on-chain data, and polishing the overall user experience of the application.

If you have any questions or require further clarification, please feel free to reach out to us.

2 Likes

Hi, I haven’t heard anything about the current state of this proposal. Has the development been completed? If so, is it available for end users?

1 Like

Agreed with @fouad, any updates?

1 Like

I still want to understand what happened with this proposal. It was quite expensive - regular reports and then nothing. I know that development was happening in touch with the Astar team, so maybe @Maarten or @moonme can shed some light on what is going on with this proposal. Is there any output or working product, at least for the Astar team?

1 Like

Hey @Kamil_Tokenguard. Astar community is wondering about the updates. Could the team show up to give us feedback?

I’m as curious and worried as the other amb. Can you give me an update?

Dear Astar Community,

I wanted to provide you with an update on the progress of the Astar Dashboard project, which has just been delivered and approved by the Astar team. At the same time, I wanted to give an update on what caused the delays in delivery and what was delivered in addition to the initial scope. Finally, provide information regarding access to delivery.

@fouad @MrKarahanli-Emre @pitcoin777 @Matt
Additionally, we would like to apologize for the delay in updating about the progress.

1.Delivery - within the agreed scope of the project (Figma prototype: https://tinyurl.com/5cxpywef), Tokenguard delivered analytics tool with custom dashboards that track on-chain and off-chain data related to the activity of developers and dApps built in the Astar ecosystem and registered to dApp staking:

• dApp Staking dashboard - consisting of 6 unique metrics and 11 charts, allowing data to be presented in various forms; additionally 4 filters allowing data manipulation at the level of time and its granularity, specific dapps and EVM/WASM

• on-chain dashboard - consisting of 7 unique metrics and 11 charts, allowing data to be presented in various forms; additionally 3 filters allowing data manipulation at the level of time and its granularity, as well as EVM/WASM

• off-chain dashboard - consisting of 2 sub-dashboards:

• GitHub dashboard - consisting of 8 unique metrics and 12 charts, allowing data to be presented in various forms; additionally 6 filters allowing data manipulation at the level of time and its granularity, specific organisation, repository or topic and EVM/WASM

• Stackexchange dashboard - consisting of 3 unique metrics and 6 charts, allowing data to be presented in various forms; additionally 3 filters allowing data manipulation at the level of time and its granularity, as well as EVM/WASM

Since the last update, work has been ongoing on the following components:

• front-end implementation of the presented designs in Figma

• data model update based on feedback on metrics

• update the indexer based on the needs of specific metrics

• integration of data from off-chain sources

• implementation of indexed on-chain data in the form of optimized and recalculated metrics and charts

• back-end implementation and integration with the front-end part of the application

2.Delays - the original delivery plan did not include a review period during which the Astar team had the opportunity to request changes/adjustments and report bugs; therefore, the time to implement these corrections and adjustments significantly extended the delivery period.

The changes and fixes that delayed final delivery were related to several dozen requests from the Astar team for the first version of final delivery, which concerned:

• change in UI/UX

• incorrect data

• changes in the definition of metrics

• adapting metrics to specific requirements

• adding off-chain data sources

• incorrect metrics

• filter adjustments

Additionally, the following features were delivered beyond the initial scope to improve user experience:

• user guideline

• sharing and permissions feature

• UI improvements

3.The product is currently privately available for internal use by the Astar team. Access to the product and sharing permissions have been transferred to the Astar team, which will further determine access rights to it.

If you have any questions or require further clarification, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thank you for sharing the updates!
I’ve been working with the team for a while now, providing a lot of feedback and reporting all the bugs. Now, it works well.

Dear Ambassadors, if you’d like to test Tokenguard for yourselves, please share your email with me on Telegram (@Toma_Cpp). I’ll grant you access to the dashboards.

1 Like

Please find the payment information for the 4th & 5th payment:
7 day average (SubScan ASTR open price between 25-31/10/23): $ 0.052
Payment in USD: $4,800 + $4,380 = $9,180
Payment in ASTR: 92,307.69 + 84,230.77= 176,538.46

Thanks

Hi, can anyone request access, or is it only for ambassadors? Will this dashboard be publicly accessible? In the proposal, it was stated that this tool would be developed for the entire Astar community.

Yes! I’m happy to provide the access to the ambassadors!

Given the sensitive nature of the data, it’s preferable to grant access via email. Please share your email with me!
Telegram: @Toma_Cpp

I’d like to add my two cents as well. In my view, if there’s a proposal on this forum that is extensively debated and subsequently voted on by the community, and if the treasury funds are used to finance such proposals, then I believe all tools developed based on those funded proposals should be available to every community member.
However, in this instance, while the proposal was presented with a specific set of functions for the Astar community, the details seem to have been discussed internally between the core team and the proposal’s development team. In the end, certain features aren’t accessible to community members due to sensitive data concerns.
If that’s the case, why even have these proposals discussed publicly on the forum? Wouldn’t it be more suitable to engage with Stake Technologies and fund these initiatives directly from the company’s resources rather than relying on the treasury?
Perhaps @sota could shed some light on this?

1 Like

@JohnBerg
Absolutely, your points are well taken, and the perspective you’ve presented is valued by us. As the project evolved, it became evident that certain data was sensitive and shouldn’t be made public.
The intent of discussing proposals publicly on the forum is to ensure transparency and community involvement. The feedback loop this creates is invaluable!

However, we recognize that in certain situations, as in this case, the initial proposal and the final product might diverge due to unforeseen circumstances or complexities that arise during the development phase. We are always open to granting access on an individual basis to ensure that our committed community members are not left in the dark.

Thank you for your understanding, and rest assured, we’ll take this feedback into account in our future processes and endeavors.

1 Like