Customizable on-chain growth analytics tool for Astar

Dear Astar community,

My name is Kamil Gorski and I’m the CEO at Tokenguard. I am pleased to submit a proposal for an on-chain data analytics tool development to support the Astar ecosystem. We’re very impressed how the Astar is growing as a high-performance platform designed for decentralized applications (DApps) as well as for DeFi protocols, DEXs and Gaming projects. I’m reaching out to you to address the need for a fully customizable data analytics tool to support the development and growth of the Astar ecosystem.

Project overview and goals

Web3 creators and protocol owners often struggle to access crucial growth insights, limiting their ability to understand user acquisition and conversion paths. Just like a mountaineer without a compass, navigating the complex world of web3 without the right analytics tool can leave web3 executives feeling lost and frustrated.

Astar is a fast-growing community of web3 creators who deserve to have the best tools in their ecosystem. That’s why we built Tokenguard.

Our platform provides user data insights that make you better understand user acquisition, conversion paths, and on-chain behavior. No more aimlessly jumping from one tool to another, hoping to stumble upon valuable insights.

Product features

We’re happy to deliver comprehensive on-chain data analytics tool for Astar community, which would consist of (but not limited to) the following features:

• No-code and no-SQL dashboard with user data analytics delivering actionable insights to Astar Foundation, its community and L2 dApp / tokens creators.
  • User segments analysis allowing to better understand which user groups have the most positive influence on the ecosystem.
  • Users on-chain behavior (staking, whale wallets analysis, user engagement) to incentivize and engage existing & new users with quests, contests and events.
  • User sources tracking (exchanges) to better understand ROI from off-chain marketing activities.
  • Active alerting & monitoring through an e-mail or Telegram channel that allows anyone from the Astar team & community to react in-time to on-chain events.
  • RAW data access
  • Data Analyst consultations
  • Sharing and embedding dashboards on the website

Use Cases

Aleph Zero is using Tokenguard to understand their smart contract activity.

Here is the reaction from their users

We’ve built the same for Astar

And even more.

The proposed Web3 on-chain data analytics tool will provide Astar community with real-time insights into the Astar on-chain activities, including transaction volume over time, user conversions, EVM and WASM smart contracts comparison, DApps activity monitoring etc. The tool will be accessible via a web-based app, making it easy for developers, investors and other stakeholders to monitor the health of the Astar network and make data-driven decisions.

Here are the key features of the proposed on-chain data analytics tool:

Real-time monitoring: The tool will provide users with real-time data on the Astar onchain’s activities, allowing them to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and development by setting up alerts on specific metrics

Fully customizable dashboards: Users will be able to create custom dashboards based on their specific needs, such as tracking a particular DApp insights or tracking a specific token’s performance.

Advanced analytics: The tool will feature advanced analytics capabilities, including trend analysis, correlation analysis, and other statistical methods to help users identify patterns and insights.

User-friendly interface: The tool will feature a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, making it accessible to users with varying levels of technical expertise.

The proposed on-chain data analytics tool will be developed using the latest technologies and best practices in blockchain analytics. The development team will work closely with the Astar Foundation to ensure that the tool meets the needs of the Astar ecosystem and aligns with the Foundation’s strategic objectives.

Based on current Astar ecosystem functionalities we can propose the following modules available inside Astar analytical tool:

• DApps activity monitoring
  • Astar on-chain activity tracking based on Astar marketing KPIs (including EVM and WASM smart contracts comparison, staking analysis etc)
  • Community dashboard

Team and costs

Our Mission

Our mission is to empower the Astar community and other web3 projects by providing a user-friendly analytics platform that unveils the hidden potential within their ecosystems. We aim to transform data into actionable insights that will help the Substrate ecosystem to drive sustainable growth and value.

Kamil Gorski - CEO
Jakub Rojek - Product Owner and CTO
Damian Rolek - Senior Data Analyst
Zaur Tarunov - Growth Manager
Luke Drozdek - Partnerships Director

Tokenguard - Web3 Analytics
Tokenguard (@Tokenguard_io) / Twitter
Tokenguard · GitHub

Roadmap

Q2 2023:
Staking analytics
Astar on-chain activity alerting & monitoring
Creating community charts and dashboards from data models
WASM smart contracts analytics

Q3 2023:
L2 token analytics metrics
DApps activity monitoring
EVM and WASM smart contracts analytics

Q4 2023:
Introduction of source-segment-conversion user-friendly metrics builder
Monitoring and alerting subscriptions

Timeline and costs

We estimate that the development of the on-chain data analytics tool will take approx. 2 months and will require a team of experienced blockchain developers, data analysts, and UX/UI designers. Total cost of the project implementation is estimated at $23,240 ($25,220 including StackExchange), which includes:

• chain indexing and data storage (12 x $870 = $10,440)

• alerting & monitoring service (12 x $300 = $3,600)

• dashboard implementation ($2,000)

• indexer and data model updating (12 x $200 = $2,400)

• dedicated Astar features (12 x $400 = $4,800)

• [optional] StackExchange implementation ($1980)

The implementation fee is paid upfront for one year of product maintenance time.

Once dashboard implementation process is finished, we have two different options to choose for Astar community:

• Public with read-only access to view dashboard/metrics (free of charge)
  • Community with access to our platform by login to unlimited number of users, eligibility to create custom charts and exporting data reports into CSV/PDF files (free of charge)

We are excited about the opportunity to work with the Astar Foundation to develop this important tool for the Astar ecosystem. Please let us know if you have any questions or require further information.

Implementation roadmap

Month 1

Week 1-2:

• Gather metrics for Astar dashboard: Collect all on-chain and off-chain metrics required from Astar.

• Kickoff meeting: Gathering all requirements. Understanding what data sources are available and Astar’s team desired outcomes.

• Design data model: Based on the requirements gathered, design a data model that can support the types of analysis that Astar needs. Discussion about planned protocol changes.

• Index data: Data indexing from Astar mainnet

Deliverables:

• Astar data model designed
  • Astar mainnet data indexed

Week 3-4:

• Data model implementation: Once the data model is designed, implementation can be started. This will involve setting up data pipelines to bring in data from various sources, defining data transformations and cleaning rules, and building a data warehouse.

• Connecting to Tokenguard app: With the data model in place, we set up Tokenguard platform.

Deliverables:

• Astar data model implemented
  • Basic Astar dashboard available for testing

Month 2

Week 5-6:

• Developing custom dashboard: With the analytics platform set up, we can start developing a custom dashboard that can be used to provide insights to the Astar team. This dashboard should focus on the most critical business questions and KPIs (e.g. dApps activity monitoring, staking analytics, TVL insights, active developers tracking, smart contracts deployment)

• Test and refine initial Astar dashboard: Once the initial dashboard is developed, test it with the team to ensure it is providing the expected insights. Refine the dashboard as necessary to ensure they are meeting stakeholder needs.

Deliverables:

• Custom Astar dashboard available for testing
  • On-chain metrics & KPIs delivered

Week 7-8:

• Develop Astar final dashboard: With the custom dashboard in place, begin developing the final version of Astar dashboard that can provide deeper insights into Astar network and off-chain activities. These will include advanced analytics, segmentation analysis, or L2 activity complex analysis and off-chain data feeds such as GitHub and / or StackExchange.

• Test with the Astar team: With the data analytics tool in place and final dashboard developed, test the solution with Astar team on how to use the tool and interpret the data insights. This will ensure that they are able to get the most value out of the tool.

Deliverables:

• Astar final dashboard developed
9 Likes

I find this proposal to be well-structured and thoughtfully presented. It offers an interesting solution that could potentially provide value to the Astar ecosystem. However, I have a few questions and concerns that need clarification for me:

1. What does “one year of product maintenance time” entail, and can you provide a detailed breakdown of the maintenance services included within this period, as well as the total cost for this one-year maintenance?
  2. What are the maintenance plans and associated costs after the first year? What services will be included in these plans, and how will they be charged? Additionally, what will happen if Astar is unable to cover maintenance costs after the first year? Will there be any consequences or limitations to the analytics tool’s functionality?
  3. In the proposal, it is mentioned that the on-chain data analytics tool will be developed using the latest technologies and best practices in blockchain analytics. Can you provide specific details on which technologies and methodologies you plan to employ during the development of the tool?
7 Likes

Hey Tokenguard team and Astar Community!

I’m strongly supporting the Tokenguard team’s proposal to develop an Advanced Analytics Tool for our ecosystem. As a member of this community and core team member, I have been following their work closely, and I am impressed with their dedication and expertise!

As we continue to grow and evolve, having access to comprehensive, real-time data and insights is crucial for making informed decisions and staying competitive. The tool promises to deliver valuable features. and their work has the potential to greatly enhance the ecosystem, I believe it is important for us to support and encourage such innovative projects.

7 Likes

Original post is deleted by @moonme because it is spam and not related to this topic.

Hello JohnBerg,

thanks for your questions.

Please find the answers below.

1.Maintenance costs are specified in details below and include both in-house and 3rd party services that Tokenguard is paying for, such as: cloud processing & storage, keeping the indexer up to date, frontend updating, mailing systems to deliver notifications, etc. There are more than 10 services in the backend.

Costs:

• data storage & data maintenance: - (12 x $870 = $10,440)
  • alerting & monitoring service - (12 x $300 = $3,600)
  • indexer and data model updating - (12 x $200 = $2,400)
  • front-end maintenance - free of charge (included in our service)

Total: $16,440

2.Tokenguard app is our main product that we’re intensively developing. We believe that cooperation with Astar will give us ideas on next useful features that we will implement during this year and it’s currently hard to estimate potential maintenance cost after the first year.

You can however be rest assured that as long as the 3rd party costs are not increasing significantly, the cost of maintaining existing features will be kept at the same level. If Astar will not be able to cover maintenance costs after the first year, we will discuss it with the community and if the product proves useful for the team - find a solution to keep it available for the team.

3.We use tools such as:

• kubernetes
  • subsquid
  • BI analytics tools
  • cloud hosting and scalable infrastructure
    +well-known traditional solutions for data analytics purposes

Best practices are based on:

• 3+ years of experience in crypto analysis
  • technical experience in data engineering and working with data-heavy pipelines
  • business understanding of web3 sector and professional experience from traditional industries like consulting, finance, IT

If you have any additional questions do not hesitate to ask.

4 Likes

Hello Toma,

Thank you for your kind words. We hope to have the chance to support and help the Astar community and ecosystem grow.

Hello Cyrill,

thank you for your message. Let’s explore if there is a field for cooperation.

Excellent proposal. I even see many possibilities for synergy with the Reconsidering Astar’s Token Economics proposal. In addition to so many other applications such as generating fundamental analysis and ideas for marketing.

However, there is one detail that I was curious to understand.

In the Proposal it is described that the different users will be treated in a clustered way.

Since we are dealing with a technology that respects privacy more than WEB2, what types of clustering would be possible with this analysis tool?

One that I see as possible and in fact very useful for analyzing the quality of user acquisitions is to cluster them by:

• Light Users
  • Average Users
  • Heavy Users

These separation criteria can be used to classify various data and make decision making much easier. Because generally, corporations that classify their users in this way (through various parameters) are always trying to make these users evolve (for the good of the enterprise) based on this easy-to-read scale.

4 Likes

Hi ecardo5o,

Thanks for a really good question and idea! You’re perfectly right that web3 is a technology that finally respects users privacy which, I believe, is one of the reasons we’re all here. Our tool allows for clustering users depending on their on-chain behaviour which can bring in a lot of useful insights - especially for the Astar management team.

Clustering idea that you’ve mentioned is exactly how we’re doing it - depending on the user activity (heavy, average, light). We’re also segmenting users based on their on-chain behavior (stakers, developers, dApp users, etc.), wallet sizes (whales, dolphins, etc.), etc. There are numerous possibilities and we hope to find out a perfect feature for each of the user-personas within the Astar ecosystem.

You’re perfectly right that this might be useful for working out the tokenomy and we’re more than happy to add some insights per Astar team requests :fire:

Approve the use of the treasury
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

I voted no because I prefer this project to be listed on dApp staking and earn the rewards instead of getting an advance payment from the treasury.

3 Likes

I voted yes because I see this as a missing part of our ecosystem to track real on-chain data in our native environment and EVM. I see them joining dApp Staking for the maintenance of their project and to keep improving.

3 Likes

I cast a YES vote as I perceive this as an essential addition to our ecosystem for monitoring authentic on-chain information within our native and EVM environment!!

2 Likes

I voted yes as the project shows a really valuable potential to provide essential insights to everyone.
But I’d like next phases of development to be funded by an application to dapp staking, also providing the team a permanent revenue for maintenance and development.

3 Likes

I voted yes because I really think it’s important for our ecosystem to have visible on-chain metrics for users and builders, but I’d like to see the grant split and paid in tranches rather than all at once.

I would suggest a percentage paid up front to get them started and cover infrastructure costs, but the rest should be paid after each milestone.

We have had many projects that have applied for grants, received full payment and delivered little or nothing.

4 Likes

Dear Astar Community,

Thank you for choosing Tokenguard as your on-chain analytics tool! We’re excited to get that many positive comments and likes :fire: Our team is ready to start working on your implementation, which will take up to 2 months. We’ll firstly start with a kick-off meeting with Astar Team and then move forward as described in the roadmap above :rocket:

Our payment details:
Tokenguard account on Astar: b6VtNRwa9MJ4ZzDbBVxTZ6k6J86d9kTGEZzkPmJ22T2EXth
Current ASTR / USD ratio (08/05/23 10:20 AM): $0.05352
Payment in USD: $25 220
Payment in ASTR: 471,225.71

If you have any follow-up questions, we encourage you to reach out to us here or directly on Telegram:
Zaur Tarunov (Growth Manager) - @tarooza
Matt Saczewski (Customer Success) - @mattsac
Luke Drozdek (Customer Success) - @luke_tokenguardio
Kamil Gorski (CEO) - @kamilgorski

Let’s get in touch!

Kamil

1 Like

Updating the amount calculated in ASTR token as per Astar team’s request to follow the rule of a 7-day average:

7 day average (CoinMarketCap ASTR open price between 02-08/05/23): $0.05951623
Payment in USD: $25 220
Payment in ASTR: 423,749.96

Thanks!

2 Likes

Dear Astar Community,

Astar Team asked us to split the payment during the implementation period based on roadmap deliverables which we agreed upon. Please find them below along with the first payment information:

Initial payment:
50% chain indexing and data storage
2 weeks
50% chain indexing and data storage
4 weeks
alerting & monitoring service
dashboard implementation
6 weeks
dedicated Astar features
8 weeks
indexer and data model updating
StackExchange implementation
Sum: 25220

Initial payment information:
Updating the amount calculated in ASTR token of a 7-day average:
7 day average (SubScan ASTR open price between 05-11/05/23): $ 0.05506026021
Payment in USD: $5,220
Payment in ASTR: 94,805.2

Thanks!

2 Likes

Initial payment made from treasury:

2 Likes

Thank you Kamil for the updates!

We are glad to have you with us and please let us know your progress.

Good work!

1 Like