dApp Staking Proposal: Lucky

Dear Astar Friends,

I am GuiGou, Technical Ambassador.

Now that the Lucky dApp is live on Shiden network since 5 months, maybe it’s time to deploy it on Astar Network.

Project Overview:

We developed the Lucky dApp, built on top of dApp Staking on Astar Network.
If the user stakes on the Lucky dApp, he will still receive the rewards from the dApp Staking, and furthermore, he will have a chance to win extra rewards. It’s a no-loss lottery.

The dApp is built with several ink! smart contracts, subquery and subsquid indexers, and off-chain workers (scheduled jobs).
We plan to replace the scheduled jobs with Phat Contracts to improve decentralization and demonstrate the interoperability between ink! smart contracts (Shiden/Astar) and ink! Phat Contracts (Khala/Phala).

The dApp is already live on Shiden. https://portal.astar.network/shiden/dapp-staking/dapp?dapp=x6ykus6l6ch4eozitzsyjscxh2agk2ky9g6a2xeu1w9fftp

Documentation : Introducing the dApp Lucky - PolkaVerse
Github: Luck dApp · GitHub
X: https://twitter.com/LuckyDapp

Team:

• GuiGou is an application architect, technical ambassador for Astar and ambassador for Phala.
    Github: GuiGou12358 (GuiGou) · GitHub

• Arno is a software engineer, web developer and ambassador for Polkadot, Phala, Acala and Talisman Sentinel
    Github: arnobase · GitHub

dApp Staking Reward Usage Breakdown:

• 20% used for the rewards to the winner of the lottery
  • 80% for the development

Milestones:

• Milestone 1: Deploy the V1 (with scheduled jobs) on Shiden (done)
  • Milestone 2: Deploy the V1 (with scheduled jobs) on Astar (ongoing)
  • Milestone 3: Deploy the V2 (with Phat Contrats) on Shiden – planned on November
  • Milestone 4: Deploy the V2 (with Phat Contrats) on Astar – few months after the deployment on Shiden.
11 Likes

Was a long wait! Support 100%! Lucky will bring users fun, exiting experience with great engagement :smiley:

1 Like

@GuiGou is an active Tech Ambassador for Astar. I give 100% support for Lucky dApp to be deployed on Astar!

2 Likes

I’m early bird on Lucky dApp( Shibuya & Shiden ) and got many LUCK!!
Thank you for your proposal. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I really like the idea of bringing an application that amplify interaction and a more enjoyable environment within the community, promoting a genuine and engaging connection with its stakers.

We are aware that the dApp has already been successfully deployed on Shiden, but i would like to see an exclusive proposal tailored for deployment on Astar. A more comprehensive proposal with detailed insights into the application’s functionality, development process, construction plan, goals, economic issues and so on.

This is because the majority of Astar forum users generally prefer to see a detailed and well-defined proposal to have a complete understanding of what they are voting for.

Additionally, i’d like to see more milestones related to smart contract implementation and overall development.

Other than that, i support the proposal!

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply and feedback.

We are aware that the dApp has already been successfully deployed on Shiden, but i would like to see an exclusive proposal tailored for deployment on Astar. A more comprehensive proposal with detailed insights into the application’s functionality, development process, construction plan, goals, economic issues and so on.

I put in the description a link with more detailed documentation.

I was hoping this would be enough, but if necessary, I can also put more details in the proposal.
You can also find a video introducing the dApp and explaining the interaction between the different smart contracts here:

About the development process or construction plan, we are a very small team, 2 developers, so the development process is quite simple.
Arno and I discuss together about some idea and then I build the backend and Arno develop the frontend.
About the economic issues, we are working in web2 and we use our free time to build in web3. This is why the development can sometimes take time.

This is because the majority of Astar forum users generally prefer to see a detailed and well-defined proposal to have a complete understanding of what they are voting for.

I understand your concern and I hope to have addressed your responses.

Additionally, i’d like to see more milestones related to smart contract implementation and overall development.

What do you mean by more milestones? Do you want me to build more, trust me, building the interaction between smart contracts and phat contracts is already a challenge. :sweat_smile:
And each milestone is essentially technical, it will be difficult for me to go into detail without boring everyone.
When Lucky will be live on Astar, we are planning to build an incentived game accessible for the Lucky stakers but because it’s just an idea for the time being, I would prefer to not inlude it in the Milestones to avoid a false promise.

2 Likes

Ty for reply!

Fully covered, and i support this initiative!

1 Like

Great to see this initiative!
Can’t wait for Lucky to be on Astar :blush:

1 Like

You have my support for your proposal!

It’s an interesting and innovative use of dApp Staking :+1:

Gaius, Astar & Polkadot Ambassador :astar:

1 Like
List Lucky in dapp staking
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

I think I have tested in shiden, like this dapp, and like all the work GuiGou did for astar, i want to support it!

1 Like

People who like to gamble and get excited will probably like this. However, I would like to ask some additional questions:

1. When it was done on Shiden, how many people participated? Including the cost per unit that occurred compared to the entire campaign, is it cost-effective?
  2. I understand that this type of random draw will mainly generate costs. Then, where does the project’s revenue come from?
1 Like

Hey @BoomBLB,
Thank you for asking these questions.

1. When it was done on Shiden, how many people participated? Including the cost per unit that occurred compared to the entire campaign, is it cost-effective?

On Shiden, since 5 months, 56 wallets have already participated in the Raffle. This number may seem low but, on Shiden, without real communication campaign in our side, that’s not too bad :slight_smile:
37 addresses have won in the raffle and have received between 60 and 1200 SDN.

The team is composed of two developers, fully engaged in the Polkadot ecosystem (Astar, Phala, Talisman, Acala, Unique, …) and used their free time to develop this dApp on Astar.
So there is no salary to pay, only limited infrastructure cost like servers.

1. I understand that this type of random draw will mainly generate costs. Then, where does the project’s revenue come from?

The project’s revenue comes from the dAppStaking pallet. As a registered dApp, the dApp receives some rewards and distributes a share of them via a raffle.
Some dApps already redistribute extra rewards to their stakers, in proportion of their amount stake. Generally the team of these dApps does it manually, monthly or quarterly, and centralized way.
It means if you stake in their dApp, you will receive sometimes a small amount of tokens.
In Lucky, we have fully automated this process by smart contracts and instead of distributing a small amount of token to many persons, we prefer to distribute a big amount to one lucky person.

To complement this, there is one lucky person by era (ie by day).

The more you stake the more chance you have of winning extra rewards.
Indeed when you stake 100 tokens, it means you have 100 tickets for the raffle. More tickets means more chance to win!

And the higher the total amount stake on the dApp, the greater the rewards for the winner and the more revenue for the project to continue to develop on Astar.

We tried to implement a flywheel (thanks to dAppStaking)!

Few words about the security, the risk for the user is very low (except if the blockchain is hacked) because the user’s tokens are not transfered.
The user’s tokens stay in the user’s wallet and are locked/unlocked when he stakes/unstakes. Again, thanks to dAppStaking feature!

1 Like

A lottery is something that many people like, in the physical and digital world.
I think it is positive to experiment with something like this and in time add new services and entertainment.
I support.

1 Like

Having a system already in operation.
Not harbouring a risk rate
And having an entertainment system based on chance
I also support it and say “YES” because of my trust in our technical ambassador.

1 Like

I completely agree, lotteries are daily used by many people around the world. I am sure it is a good use case for web 3.

When it was done on Shiden, how many people participated

To complement my previous reply, all data are indexed here: https://query.substrate.fi/lucky-subquery-shiden
and you can find the documentation to query the index here: GitHub - LuckyDapp/subquery-lucky
Here some aggregated data: shiden lucky datas (oct. 05 23) - Google Sheets

1 Like

Voted yes. This can bring a lot of engagement inside our community. People like to having fun.
Thanks for the proposal @GuiGou

1 Like

Many thanks to all for your support!

All smart contracts are deployed on Astar and verified in Patron of Brushfam.

1. the smart contract that receives the rewards from dappsStaking
    Adress: ZEUr1PBaxshhhPcF4jeVFVoC6BwCDYj48UsJ5ShquWN2yeE
    Code Hash: e585db43005c0280ba560a48ab5e98d0ddc7bddaa85802b37b7432ae2e5427e4
    Verification: Patron

2. the smart contract with which the user interacts to claim the rewards
    Adress: ZSV1GVepvmWFdshMWgczS4zYvmmwEsBjWQjN4WDpUEFRRPy
    Code Hash: 2d93bc544281b6d140eae6f8a88aee2ca0c4a3ec63b811832e6d616b72a759b3

3. the smart contract that interacts with other smart contracts and manages the raffle
    Address: XPC4BUeSHhTWqzUdUWtW1cTNHhktNPgenKZ4qq2FkKR2two
    Code Hash: 2209115b99c842fc8b347a90c4051a7f3e7f50ce11db76dee5287dd17cc65a90

4. The smart contract used as an Oracle to provide a random number
    Address: XPC4BUeSHhTWqzUdUWtW1cTNHhktNPgenKZ4qq2FkKR2two
    Code Hash: 9afdc049380caa08505b03a5da75f535cc6a10ceb3d9fe81390440889c951d1e
    Verification Patron

It means anyone (any developer) can check the code and verify the smart contracts before interacting with them.

The source code is also available here: https://github.com/LuckyDapp/lucky-contracts/tree/v1.0.0/ink

Have fun and be lucky! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Lucky is live here: https://lucky.substrate.fi/

First raffle done :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like