MoonFit Dapp Staking Proposal

Do I drink coke or pepsi, that’s what I thought at my first reading of the proposal.

But then, I find it very interesting that a Dapp born in Moonbeam expands to Astar, maybe it is the first one and others will follow.
Maybe even some that have launched in other chains but believe in a better future in Astar.

A healthy interpretation is that they are interested in their project and want to grow it in different spaces. That’s fine with me

I also think it generates a new use case to the token. It is also positive.

The concern is only that the funds will be used to grow Astar, which has been mentioned and answered above.

2 Likes

I am really concerned if ASTR tokens will be dumped to flow liquidity to Moonbeam network.
I really like your product and appreciate your detailed application.

1 Like

Hi @pitcoin777 , on behalf of MoonFit team, we would like to make clear statements that we will never dump ASTR tokens to flow liquidity to Moonbeam Network. We do not have the need to do that and we will never do that as well. We have worked with some projects in Astar ecosystem before, and from their sharing you can see that we are a hard-working team and we live to our words.

Astar Dapp Staking Reward will only be used for Astar growth (details of product development and plans are added in our proposal above), transparent record of reward distribution will be published in our public channels and communities on a persistent basis.

Thank you very much for raising your concern!

2 Likes

Thank you very much @MacZam !

It’s true that

1. We believe in a better future in Astar.
  2. Our cross-chain initiative between Moonbeam & Astar Network is the first one ever to happen between two ecosystems.

We do expect this can create motivation and model that others will follow, to make cross-parachain interoperability become more available in Polkadot ecosystem.

We also have a lot of new feature releases and product improvement from now to the end of this year, we hope to have you onboard with us!

1 Like

Hi @Gaius_sama , thank you very much for your kind words!

Yes, we can confirm $ASTR token will be used in the same way as $GLMR in MoonFit app. Furthermore, there will be more Astar-related features and educational materials in our ecosystem, increasing Astar brand awareness and grow users as well as transactions for Astar Network.

We confirm that we have completed all our Astar-related features and just waiting for the right time and aligning with our marketing plans to publish.

• Convert MFR (in-app earnings) to ASTR is already live;
  • The cross-chain NFT bridge, Deposit/Withdraw ASTR will be available for public by the end of this week;
  • Minting MoonFit NFTs with ASTR will be released early next month!

We are starting a series of campaigns for these launches from this week, you can follow our channels for latest updates. By the way, you can also check our works at MoonFit github: MoonFitApp · GitHub

Really excited to join Astar fam!

1 Like

The concept is great. It is in line with the current trend of people becoming more active. I would like to ask you some additional questions:

1. I understand that this project is backed by the Moonbeam Foundation. This is good for users on the Aster Network. How will the project be managed in terms of business strategy and communication with users?

2. As you mentioned, the concept is great. There are many other projects that focus on exercise to earn, such as StepN and Wirtual. What is the team’s strategy for attracting users?

3. Based on your answer to question 2, it seems that the trend of using these apps has decreased significantly. What are your plans for addressing this?

1 Like

Hi @BoomBLB , thank you for your questions!

1. I think you are wondering if our business strategy is managed or closely influenced by Moonbeam Foundation, I would like to clarify more on this. We have our own team of 15 members and we take charge of everything, our own decisions, development, business strategy as well as communication with users. We and Moonbeam Foundation are two separate identities, just like MoonFit and Astar Foundation. We did receive a grant from Moonbeam Foundation back in September 2022 so that’s why MoonFit is backed by Moonbeam Foundation.
1 Like

We believe that MoonFit is the ultimate solution for Web3 Fitness, encouraging and motivating people to get started training and maintain a healthy lifestyle. MoonFit has also grown beyond the Move-to-earn concept, aiming for a Cross-chain Social Fitness app.

StepN, StepApp, Amazy, TheSNKRZ, Walken… are among many other projects that are solving fitness motivation problem. However, the existing Move-to-earn concept has drawbacks: running/training condition being too harsh; limited outside cash flows (likely to fall into Ponzi scheme); only one type of rewards - monetary; inflated utility token…

MoonFit solves all the above problems, creating a Web3 Fitness experience where users can not only join with any type of sports, but also have flexible speed, pace and schedule.

MoonFit is not another “Ponzi” Move-to-earn, we focus on features that can attract cash flows from outside (Running clan, MoonShop, Land rental, Marathon…) and a different 1-token model reducing inflation risks.

MoonFit offers more than just a Move-to-Earn mechanism; it is a cutting-edge Social Fitness Dapp that seamlessly integrates SocialFi features. At its core, MoonFit prioritizes fostering meaningful social connections and facilitating engaging interactions among its users, using Social Feed and Running Clans. Because in MoonFit, we believe that Social Connections are the best motivation for training. Our users can not only follow, share their training activities with other members, but also challenge them in PvP mode, as individual or as a clan.

That’s the difference between MoonFit product/model and other existing projects’.

1 Like

@BoomBLB About this problem and our strategy for attracting users, I would like to present our go-to-market strategy:

Our go-to-market strategy is designed to cater to four key user segments, ensuring a smooth transition into the market and sustained growth:

1. Pro crypto/web3 users: We recognize the importance of collaborating with influential individuals, such as influencers, KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders), and community administrators. Through social media platforms and SocialFi, we will establish partnerships with ventures, projects, and communities within the Web3 ecosystem, solidifying our presence among this core user group.

2. Active crypto users & Passive crypto users: We will leverage the power of word-of-mouth marketing to target both active and passive crypto users. By showcasing reward proofs and training results, we will generate excitement and interest around MoonFit. Press releases, referrals, and strategic partnership collaborations will also play a crucial role in expanding our user base. Additionally, hosting events like giveaways, airdrops, and retroactive campaigns will further engage these users.

3. Non-crypto/Web2 users: To attract non-crypto and Web2 users, we will implement a multi-pronged approach. Traditional social media platforms will be utilized to increase brand awareness. Furthermore, training proofs/results will be shared via word of mouth, and offline events will be organized. We will create informative content such as reviews, tutorials, and walkthrough videos to showcase the value of MoonFit. Referral programs and partnerships with professional and semi-professional athletes will help to establish credibility and attract users from this segment.

4. International community expansion: With an existing user base in over 50 countries, including France, Japan, Russia, and Korea, we will prioritize the development of stronger communities and user bases in these regions. Leveraging our connections, ambassadors, and local brands, we will host offline and online events to increase awareness and user acquisition. Moreover, our global ambassadors will play a vital role in expanding to new regions, attracting users and fostering engagement.

To sustain user engagement, we will continuously enhance the MoonFit app with new features. Integration with popular wearable fitness devices will provide users with a seamless experience. PvP challenges will ignite friendly competition among users, and personalized fitness quests and plans will keep users motivated towards achieving their goals.

By following this comprehensive strategy, we aim to establish MoonFit as the first Cross-chain Social Fitness Dapp in both the Web3 and Web2 domains, catering to a diverse range of users and fostering sustained growth.

It’s true that the trend of using Move-to-earn app has decreased, but MoonFit is developing new social features such as Social Feed to adapt to the rise of SocialFi trend. This has been our vision since MoonFit started, promoting more social interactions between users in MoonFit app. Not only can you run to earn rewards, but sharing content, interactions with other users in MoonFit Social Feed will also bring incentives, fostering more social engagement and providing more motivation to each other. With 1000+ daily active users and the current 30-day retention rate of 12% ~ 4 times higher than the average mobile fitness app, we believe that we are going in the right direction to attract users and retain them using MoonFit app.

1 Like

You are wrong.

You did not do any research before making and selling the product.

You came here to bluff us.

Moonfit is not the ultimate fitness solution for Web3 fitness. Many can do better.

One does not need Web3 to be fit. If you want to be fit, be fit, there is no need for web3. Using “web3” to sell your product is a stupid narrative.

Moonfit only tracks the distance. Is distance the only measure of fitness? No.

One does not need to go a distance to be fit. I can do 100 burpess on the same spot without even going a distance within 10 mins and stay fitter than those who run 5km a day.

What if I squat? and deadlift and clean and press?

Please do a research about health and fitness before making such a product.

1 Like

Hi @moonme , to be honest I did not really expect this, but I would like to share a few points.

1. MoonFit uses Web3 technology to sell motivation to people lacking motivation. Everybody desires to be fit but there are many people who dont have the motivation to exercise/train everyday. You can have the motivation to do that without any help, but we are here to help those who dont. Have you ever had any friends quitting training/going to the gym after 1 week, 2 weeks and a month with a 1-year purchase?

You can check out our research below, 90% of people quit after 3 months hitting the gym - is that a small number and a small market?

1. MoonFit is currently tracking distance to distribute rewards, but our plans are to make it open to any kinds of training, as long as calories are burnt. We have already integrated with Apple Watch, opening our way to welcome more sports/training types. You can do 100 burpees and get rewarded for your training, you can squat, you can deadlift and clean and press, basically anything that burns calories. Can we do that? Yes. But it clearly takes time. Integration with wearable devices is our first step to achieve that goal.

2. Our goal and vision is to become the ultimate fitness solution, yes. But we are on the way there, not already a perfect market-fit product. Are there any Web3 Dapps right now that are already perfect market-fit? Or that’s the reason why we need builders to push Web3 forward? If you are seeking a perfect market-fit product like that, you should look and find in Web2, that would be much easier.

Peace.

1 Like

The reason why people quit too soon is because they did not see the result.

The reason why people did not see any result is because they do not know how to achieve it.

This has nothing to do with web3. This has to do a lot with education and knowledge and the best place to track the result is the mirror.

If you want to know whether you have transformed from fat to fit, look at yourself in the mirror. There is no need to use apple watch etc. All these gadgets are marketing gimmicks. If you want to know if you have a 6-pack, go look at the mirror. Why waste money buying an apple watch?

I speak from experience, and I have gone through the transformation cycle many times. I have also given free advice to many people on how to do it.

The problem lies not on web2 or web3. The problems lies on the knowledge and will power.

So, build an app that can teach people how to achieve their goals.

No pain no gain, but people do not want to go through pain.

Being fit is the combination of the intensity of your workout and what you eat.

Doing 10 reps x 10 sets of burpees a day is way more effective than walking 5km a day. Resistance training is the way. Burpees till you puke.

And, you have to eat correctly. Avoid high GI carbs and processed foods. A big no to alcohol and sugar.

See, I have just given a simple free advice. Those who read my post has something to start with. So why do we need moonfit app?

2 Likes

BTW, I apologize for being harsh in my previous message.

It is just the way I communicate within my social circle irl but it seems not appropriate to be done in the forum like this.

I hope you did not take it personally.

3 Likes

Thanks for the details and active communication :slight_smile: welcome to Astar!

I am curious what features can be most distinguished from, for example, Healthree. I do not mean that one has to have completely different and unique feature; rather, I am interested in seeing what synergy can be brought or so.

And if you have already your two tokens on Moonbeam, would you expect to mint them on Astar or XCMing them to Astar? Not sure how easy and convenient to XCM even GLMR between Astar and Moonbeam. Personally, without using CEXes, seems not easy to do such. Please correct me if there is an easy swap mean for it.

Thanks! Please let me know if you need any further clarification!

1 Like

In this fast-changing world where people are having shorter and shorter attention span, do you think that building an app that can teach people how to achieve their fitness goals will be effective? Can you name some successful study cases and their retention rate?

It’s true, people do not want to go through pain - that’s why achieving knowledge and will power to exercise everyday is indeed super hard, for most people. You are lucky to have such natural will power and dedication to learn proper knowledge on how to get fit as well as how to eat properly, but many people dont, they give up easily - and it’s a fact.

It’s true, people quit too soon because they did not see the result. The results would come from long consistent and intense training sessions, but normally after several months or even longer. How would someone, without having natural will power and motivation like you to learn knowledge and get out of their comfort zone to exercise, to keep up with it everyday - long enough to see the results? That’s why we build MoonFit.

We in fact received a lot of feedback from our community, saying that our Daily Tasks and Advent Challenges actually motivated them to get out of their bed at the end of the day and go for a walk/run. These features do not offer hundreds of dollars as incentives, but tokens, in-game items and social recognition instead - but still have impact on their motivation and their daily life. If you think there are no one in the world who lacks motivation and might need to use MoonFit app, then you can look at our 16K+ total users, our communities from 50+ countries and their feedback.

Except from natural laws, there is nothing right or wrong in this world. If a product succeeds, people will take it as the right, but if it fails - it will be the wrong. Solving fitness problems has many ways, you can find your own ways - but we choose to use and leverage on Web3 technology.

We came here, investing our money and relentless effort to build a real product that can actually contribute to a better world. We have our communities, we have our whole team working full-time and onsite at our office in Hanoi, Vietnam. We did not and will not scam anyone. We always deliver to our users the features that we promised. Have you checked our product updates and changelog?

We request that you show us respect, like we always respect you and everyone in Astar community. You and us may share different beliefs on fitness, but we are always open to hear your feedback on our app and what we can improve to provide better fitness motivation to people.

That’s it. If you have any chance coming to Vietnam, we are more than happy to welcome you to our office and show you around.

Hi @pithecus , thank you for your warm welcome!

To be honest I have not tested Healthree app, so it’s hard for me to give a clear comparison in terms of features and mechanism between two apps. But as we focus on providing fitness motivation, we build a lot of features towards that mindset:

• Running/Walking for rewards: simple Move-to-earn mechanism that we may both share - but we have integrated with wearable devices like Apple Watch to open to more sports/training types as long as calories are burnt. We will then base on calories to distribute rewards.
  • Daily Tasks and frequent special challenges: More creative ways to do exercise and to earn rewards from MoonFit
  • Motivation from social interactions and recognition: Running Clan - connect, duel against other clans and earn rewards; Social Feed - engage, create content, share activities for rewards
  • MoonShop: in-app marketplace where users can buy nfts, in-game items, real-life merchandise (fitness related items included) with their in-app earnings.

and many other features.

We have not launched our governance token MFG yet, the other token MFR is an in-app token that can be used for most activities and converted to other exchangeable rewards - GLMR, ASTR, etc. We are still working on a detailed plan of launching our tokens as well as where to deploy it. But generally, launching our token on which chain does not really matter - as we already have cross-chain interoperability. If there are any established token bridge available for the cross-chain interaction between other chains and Astar, we will work with them. If not, we will develop our own custom solution to speed up the process and be more flexible, less reliant on other bridge solutions in terms of the chains they support.

We did build our own tool for this Astar cross-chain initiative and we have the resources to be flexible with upcoming integration.

I hope this answers your questions, thank you very much!

It can be a good project but I see it antagonistic to Astar, and a recommendation: Please do not use the word “PONZI” in your documents, it looks bad, this goes against any principle as a project or team due to the bad reputation that such an adjective carries.

1 Like

We are very happy that you are listening to us and updating the numbers. I was worried based on the old figures and I can say that the confusion in my mind has disappeared.

1 Like
Join Astar dApp Staking
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
2 Likes

Hi MoonFit gang.

I tried your app and install it, nice UI btw. However it seems the app really intended for web3 users, as this will limit common user to onboard because they will be confused regarding the moon NFT and vice versa.

It is best to have introduction / some kind of tutorial for new users both web3 and common people. To be honest I forwarded the app to a few runners and they asking “what the hell with all this cartoon characters”

So if you want to push / onboarding more users , it’s better your app have an introduction like that.

Btw I voted Yes