Open Emoji Battler is an on-chain game that will be run by the DAO. It’s an auto-battler game on browser, and players battle strategically using emojis in competitive PvP matches.
We aim to make this project decentralized. Most blockchain games use central servers with private source code, and they just make some in-game assets into NFTs/FTs. In contrast, this game is on-chain and fully open-sourced, and will be governed by the community.
We’ve already developed the playable prototype as an independent chain using Substrate.
We will build this game as smart contracts on Shiden/Astar. Each tech architecture (chain runtime and smart contract) has pros and cons, but I believe Shiden smart contracts can provide a better game experience.
We’ll build and launch Open Emoji Battler on Shiden through this Builders Program.
- Develop the Wasm smart contracts and the web frontend
- Improve the user experience
- Upgrade the gameplay and add new features
- Release the game on Shiden and spread it
@tash_2s (Founder, Developer)
- has been working in the blockchain and NFT space since 2018,
- and has developed the prototype of this project.
Total Estimated Duration: < 6 months
Full-Time Equivalent (FTE): 1
For each milestone, we’ll publish the whole source code licensed under Apache 2.0 on GitHub, and other developers will be able to run and test it.
The order of milestones might be changed.
|1.||Smart Contracts (ink!)||We will create Wasm smart contracts that have minimal game functionalities and deploy them.|
|2.||Web Frontend||We will create a web frontend that will interact with the smart contracts.|
We’ll be able to play the minimal game on Dusty or Shiden after this milestone.
We can re-use many parts of our prototype implementation. Also, I’ve already tested to port some code to a smart contract.
|1.||Smart Contracts (ink!)|
The one gameplay requires the player to send around 15 transactions now, and it’s not a great experience to manually sign and send every transaction. However, this is a turn-based PvP game, so it can be mitigated by technology (e.g., state channel) with small game design changes.
|1.||Smart Contracts (ink!)|
We’ll upgrade the gameplay and add features. The details are under consideration.
|1.||Article||We will publish an article that announces the launch of the game.|
We’ll officially release the game on Shiden and spread it. We might have an event to boost the impression.
- In the long term, I’d like to make this project popular like Axie Infinity but decentralized.
- We can’t cover many tasks in this program, so we’ll keep updating after this program.
- Currently, I’m the only developer for this project, but I plan on expanding the team.
- This project has never had any sales, fund-raise, or financial support yet.
- Some of our community members let me know about this program.