Proposal: Astar partnership hackathon

Ongoing event report!

1. The merch for the event (100 T-shirts units, 60 water bottles, 750 stickers) has been paid.

Production will start today and will be ready 4 days before the event, so we are on schedule.

1. For the hackathon, it was decided to use the Taikai platform, where participants will form their teams and upload their projects. Once it is ready, I will share the page with the participants.

2. We have already had 3 X espaces where we have talked about Astar and its technology, our participation in the hackathon and the prizes, with this we are looking for an increase of users in social networks.

6 Likes

Thanks for an update. Congrats =)

1 Like

Ongoing event report!

1. I am already in Mexico City, tomorrow I will meet with some communities to coordinate previous events that we can do together with Astar.

2. Also, the organizers of the hackathon have obtained relationships with some universities, I have already contacted some of them so we can do Astar Substrate and Astar zkEVM workshops for university students.

3. The director of technological development of Mexico wants us to have a meeting with all the partners of the hackathon to look at investment possibilities, I will be at the meeting representing Astar network and its benefits.

4. The water balls with the Astar logo are ready, I will pick them up on Friday.

5. We have gained more than 15 new users in our Astar telegram group in Spanish.

6. After everything we are putting together here in Mexico, 3 new people have decided to support Astar from their cities here in Latin America.

4 Likes

Great!!! Thank you for an update =)

2 Likes

Amazing ! Really happy about the management of this Hackathon :clap: Good job @Juminstock :smile: !

2 Likes

Really thanks for your help @BoomBLB and @VasaKing :pray:t3:. Today, I’ll post more updates that have been happening :smiley:

3 Likes

Do you have any idea how to proceed with the Hackhaton and how to onboard new devs?

2 Likes

Excellent question, @pitcoin777!

Mainly, I will be visiting this Monday and Tuesday three of the universities that will be participating in the hackathon. I will be teaching three pretty precise topics on blockchain infrastructure, application creation and tools, all using Astar as the main network.

It is important to keep in mind that the students who will participate in the hackathon, are pursuing careers at the end of technology: software engineering, programming and more.

In addition to this, the organizers of ETH Cinco de Mayo have already been visiting these universities providing them with workshops on the basics of blockchain.

Finally, there has been information on national television and press channels:

This event will be a really crazy! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I wish you every success with the Hackathon. I am aware of the organized work you do, so I know that many more people will join in. Mexico will fall in love with the ecosystem.

3 Likes

It is obvious that an excellent result is coming, thank you for your transparency!

3 Likes

Bro, I love your enthusiasm promoting IRL events. Please keep going.
Totally support you.

2 Likes

Ongoing event report!

We have successfully concluded the event! Eight projects have applied to be winners of our tracks, of which we have selected six for their outstanding ideas.

As agreed, the six winning projects of our tracks will receive only 30% of the funds earned; the remainder will be delivered once they have been deployed on our Astar zkEVM mainnet.

I am currently preparing the final report to provide transparency about the work done. In the meantime, here are some photos and information:

Soon I’ll upload the photos with Astar hackers :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you for your hard work in preparing and running the hackathon!
I’m looking forward to the final report.

1 Like

Glad to see so much interest and new joiners into Astar :grin: Great job @Juminstock :clap:

1 Like

Very good Job!!! :muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

2 Likes