Proposal: Web3 Weekends Tashkent . Series of 6 Workshops to educate the local developers community about Astar Network and WASM

I fully support but seems there is a misunderstanding how it works or what I’m asking. This has nothing to do with not being decentralized. It would be great if you could point out one offline event that is approved by Polkadot/Kusama where they gave the funds upfront and asked no report/receipts after the event.

We are aware that: behind-the-scenes financial conversations allow you to save money.

But then it makes more sense to reimburse after the report because we have no idea what behind-the-scenes was discussed, we can only see the output in this case and based on the output the value of the investment. Even if it was not expected as promised it doesn’t matter but there needs to be value attached to the treasury funds. In this case the only value is the output.

I support the initiative behind this proposal and would like to see more events like this organized by ambassadors or community members and funded by the treasury.

However, I am voting NO here because the vote should be split into two topics:

Vote 1: Reimbursement for the cost of the first workshop Alex conducted which would make me vote YES without a doubt.

Vote 2: Budget for the remaining 5 workshops. In this case, we would need quotes in advance and invoices after the event.

For all funds requested from the treasury, it is important to follow a procedure and have standards, a detailed budget and proof of payment. We can take the example of Sota’s proposal to Polkadot Treasury for the San Francisco Blockchain Week Polkadot Summit.

We need to open a new topic on the forum to decide on standards and procedures for using Astar’s treasury for real life events and not have this situation anymore.

G’

6 Likes

Great suggestion.
We can agree on reimbursing the cost from the first venue. @AlexPromoTeam already has provided great output from that event as proof. Let us know @AlexPromoTeam how do you see things moving forward here for the first event and the others who are coming?

Lets finish this voting, then will decide. Very interesting experience.

1 Like

Why cant we work on a solution now during voting, isnt that better?

Hi @AlexPromoTeam

I fully support such events but there is a miunderstanding about the procedure and I can’t agree to upfront 100% fund from community rewards without all invoices.

Please, as @Gaius_sama suggested, create two other proposals.
The first one about the reimbursement of the first event, 500$ from community rewards, even if some invoice are missing. You will have my vote.
Second proposal about the 5 next workshops and in which we have to fully define the workflow to be followed for such events.

1 Like

It’s a very good idea , I think it’s better to make not 2 proposals, but proposal for every workshop separately. Because everybody know that more proposals and more votings and more discussions provide more trust. Maybe we can go even further and do the proposal for every receipt that I can provide you. We can do the proposals and votings all the day. What can be better.

Of course I am joking ,
No I will not do the new proposals if this will not pass. I will try another ways.

The Astar Council decided not to support my proposal and I respect this decision.

If you are an Astar Ambassador you need to be samurai! Japanese samurai warriors had a unique practice that undergirded their phenomenal success as soldiers from the 12th century right up into the 20th century. That concept was called “dying before going into battle.”
Без названия

I was ready for any outcome of this discussion and prepared all the ways to be useful. This case opened a lot and will make the Astar community better.

I still think this initiative is very necessary for Astar and for the young Uzbekistan Devs Community. Me and my teammates will continue our way to educate people and we are in search of sponsors for this activity.

We appeal to the Polkadot and Astar community , Astar investors and anyone who wants to help us to run this good thing. You can see the proposal, you can see the report, you can see the Proof of Concept , 3K$ is not a big deal. If you think it’s enough arguments to support us pls write to me on telegram @AlexPromoTeam or on Twitter https://twitter.com/Alex_PromoTeam . We can do the event according to the initial plan or change it, or even think of something new.

Yes I still think this initiative is very necessary. I already proposed solutions but you are refusing to even comment on them.

Good that you created the Tweet and made it public. Hope more people will be involved in this to build out the best solution.

2 Likes

Web3 Weekends Tashkent #2. We continue to educate developers community of Uzbekistan about the Web3, Polkadot , AstarNetwork, Solidity, EVM, WASM. And we still have no support from Astar community, I am doing it with my own funds. Guys, if such local initiatives will not be supported I am not sure about the bright future. We need hundreds workshops like this per year all over the world, you save 500$ but loosing very competitive space.

1 Like

Great to see this! Please share all costs you made with the receipts so we can reimburse you and support you with the cost.

1 Like

@Maarten I explained everything in my comment previously, but I guess you did not read it. Are you suggesting to start from the beginning, or is it just polite way to say back off?

I can’t provide the receipts for all the spendings. How to say it more clear? I operate with private persons mostly who can not provide receipts by default. Can you imagine it? I suggested my personal invoice, with the list of spendings so you can use it in you accountings and so on, but @moonme Toga refuse it.

Amazing story! Guys you are Amazing!

Agree internally on some $ limits for event, to make decisions fast and easy. Its unbelievable to spend so much time and energy for such an empty discussions

No, you dont need to explain again. I thought with all the discussions happening around it, you would be more trying to get them. On the pictures I see there is catering with pizzas, you cant tell me that you dont have a receipt for that?

The community rewards pool doesn’t have an accounting so to get reimbursed by that pool we need a receipt or proof of the expenses

I can agree with this now, there is no limit if the cost is justified with proof. I don’t see this as an empty discussion but a discussion that is not moving anymore because of misunderstandings of how it works.

3 Likes

Just want to share my thoughts on that. I understand that you are passionate about organizing events to promote Astar network and educate people. However, I cannot support the idea of organizing such events with a lack of transparency and an official approach.

It is crucial that we maintain transparency in all our dealings and events. Operating with private persons and paying them in cash for various expenses without receipts is not a professional or transparent approach. This could raise concerns about the legitimacy of events and create an impression that you are operating in a gray zone and promoting corruption.

I recommend that we prioritize transparency and adopt an official and accountable approach when organizing events to promote Astar network.

Thank you for understanding my perspective on this matter.

1 Like