Unclaimed tokens

You did claimed your tokens Ayom-22. You have your PLM in your wallet :slight_smile:

Hey @sota Iā€™m completely agree with you.
I suggest also to add:

Fact No4 --> We prepared a lot of guide about Lockdrop process with details on:

1. How to lock ETH
  2. How to claim PLM
  3. How to unlock ETH (at the end of lock duration)

Fact No5 --> These guide were sent in all community networks:

1. Telegram Group
  2. Telegram Channel
  3. Discord
  4. Here in this forum

Fact No6 --> Ambassadors and team members helped ALL people that asked for help in any of above channels

So, I donā€™t see any problemā€¦ :wink:

6 Likes

What I donā€™t understand is the plasm tokens unclaimed for would still be accounted for in the contract - they didnā€™t just vanish on the 20th Oct. And if the 1% referral bonus issuance is the problem of allocating non-claimed tokens, what if late claim people forfeit the 1% - or it stays with the team. Projects will always have expenses and need to cover costs.

2 Likes

Well, the ones who have forgotten to (or due to any other reasons) to claim their tokens and ask to make a rollback are now considered to have self-centric point of view as theyā€™re thinking about their profits only.
Statistics tell us that there are still 6.9% of participants that havenā€™t claimed their plm. @sota, you summarized in your post above that 56 days more will be needed. Thatā€™s not true as this cannot be described by a linear function and about an infinity is needed actually (someone may have lost the private key, someone may be dead, etc). But that doesnā€™t even matter.
The deadline was already extended and it was announced multiple times. Do you know why there are so multiple 2nd lockdrop participants that missed these announces? Because every one of them was waiting for the first lock period end (most of the 30-days locked eth have been unlocked by the end of october, right?) to get their eth and plm tokens together. They did not check Plasm news on Twitter, Discord or anywhere. And were surprised to see zero PLM balance. And I fully agree with people who didnā€™t follow Telegram chat, for example as it consists of multiple ā€œhow do i sell my tokensā€ or ā€œwhereā€™s my 1%?!ā€. That are hundreds messages everyday.
It was mentioned that the consideration should be made according to the community goals. The community is the people. The community means synergy, it means support. I was expected to become a part of the community (yes, my tokens are also unclaimed as Iā€™ve mentioned before), but now I hear something like ā€œyouā€™re among the irresponsible minority, see ya aroundā€. I canā€™t argue that I was really irresponsible, that this is my mistale. My assets are my responsibility only, that goes without saying. However. When one understands his mistake and comes to the community for help he gets a list of reasons not to be helped. Is that a community we would like to create?
Was not going to reply anything here but I couldnā€™t stay silent after reading the thread.

Anyway, I would like to express my respect for Plasm creators, developers and contributors.

9 Likes

First of all, comment that English is not my language and that what I want to express are concepts that are somewhat complex for my level, but I hope the idea is understood.

I very much agree with @Evgen. The 7% of the people who want to be part of the project, an irresponsible one? On the first date that had been marked to end the lockdrop, there were 10% of the people who had not claimed and after extending it twice, 7% still had not done so. Maybe it was not as clear as some claim? Because it does not seem to be a low percentage, it is not 0.5%, it is 7%. Donā€™t you think it is a very high percentage if everything was so clear?

Perhaps the interface of the lockdrop was not very clear if not that 10%, in the case that 10,000 people have participated, there are 1,000 who hadnā€™t claimed, we have not done it because it was not clear. Perhaps not everyone has the technical profile or they are not used to participating and do not know exactly what the steps and the process to follow are. From what you say, those must be excluded and, by the tone with which some speak, punish them for their ā€œlack of knowledgeā€, I think then we cannot apply the term community, this is still a group dictating how things have to be done to those who donā€™t do them the way they think they have to.

On the other hand, I also ask myself: What is the problem that people have what they had already ā€œhiredā€ from the beginning? How does that affect the community? It is something that was already contemplated that they were going to have, it is not something that we are claiming more or something that does not belong to us, we are claiming something that was already ours and that, due to a ā€œtechnicalityā€, now you decide that we do not have the right to have it. You speak of self-centeredness, but it seems to be a response from those who do not want the value of what they already have to be diluted, and that seems to be more an act of selfishness than of community benefit.

And if the problem, which apparently there is or at least it is what is noticeable in Sotaā€™s tone, is not charging, because maybe if you should charge for doing the magnificent work that you are doing in the project and thus be able to have peace of mind by both parties. Thus, all participants benefit and their requests to the team are not ignored because, since they do not charge, they will do whatever they want, whether you agree or not.

Finally say that I do not deny my part of responsibility, I tried to see at the time of the lockdrop if there was any more step to be taken once I blocked the ETH and I did not know how to see it. I did not know that telegram groups existed and the person who explained it to me, gave me to understand that the tokens would be blocked for as long as I chose, in my case 1000 days. A little over a week ago I entered the telegram group, and two days ago I found out that I should have claimed them. Yes, I should have been better informed, but as I said before, I am requesting something that at the time of the lockdrop was already supposed to have it and not something that does not correspond to me.

I think we have to do a little introspection and see our part of responsibility in this and think about what kind of community we want to create.

5 Likes

Per my understanding if people want to be a part of project community they should be interested what happening in the project, monitor all news in all available channels and ask questions. If during more than month they didnā€™t know how lockdrop process and claiming works then I think they donā€™t want be a part of community. But if they still want, there is a chance to participate in 3rd lockdrop, but now carefully read all the documentation what will be provided.

4 Likes

Hi, thanks for this post.

Iā€™m one of those who probably did not claim. Although i was aware of the claiming deadline i thought i fully walked through the claiming process. I did this before the deadline so under the assumption i did claim my lockdrop.

While i have a busy work and private life i did now and then checked how things were going and thought it maybe needed some time, because it said i requested my claim but i didnā€™t received any plm yet.

Now i think i did something wrong in the process, because we are multiple weeks further and still donā€™t have any PLM, while i can see in the discord others do receive PLMs. Maybe that from the first lockdrop, i donā€™t know that, but now iā€™m reading this thread and i think my claiming went wrongā€¦

Is there anything that i can do to check if my claiming is ok?
Otherwise, what can i do to recover?

I do believe in this project, otherwise i didnā€™t put eth in for 1000 days of course

4 Likes

You can copy your address where you thought to claim your PLM and paste on Subscan Explorer: https://plasm.subscan.io/

1 Like

I sympathise with those that didnā€™t claim. However it is the Userā€™s responsibility to know the terms and conditions of the project.

I also was unaware of the deadline, but as I am part of the discord and telegram, I was informed to claim well before the deadline.

Iā€™m conflicted as I feel like if you participated in the lockdrop you should get your tokens, but on the other hand if youā€™re not following the project in the relevant channels then youā€™re not really involved in the project (in the most basic sense), so the team shouldnā€™t break their rules to appease those that didnā€™t care enough to follow the project. Iā€™m not sure how I feel about it.

I think it should also be noted though, that the people that comment here will be primarily of those that did not claim as they have more at stake (those that did most likely are indifferent - such as myself). The team should consider this before making any final decisions.

3 Likes

The final decision will be done by a poll from this Friday. Please vote!

7 Likes

Why is the claiming process so difficult and why is there even a deadline to claim? If youā€™ve staked your assets, should not the claiming process be active throughout the life span of the stake?

Its like going to a bank and depositing your money for an annual interest payout. At the end of the term the bank is like nah, sorry, you forgot to ask for your interest money so weā€™re keeping it all but hereā€™s your initial back thanks for letting us earn interest off it.

3 Likes

This has been clarified by Sota in this thread.
One of the reasons was that it was needed for the calculation of the referral bonus of 1%.

2 Likes

I think rules are rules, if you didnā€™t know what you were doing, you should not have participated in lockdrop. Maybe people who requested claim but didnā€™t press final tickmark to claim could be rewarded with PLM, but thouse who didnt do even that shouldnt get anything, IMHO.

4 Likes

I consider everyone who did not collect their tokens in time to be irresponsible and not worthy of PLM tokens. They donā€™t appreciate the project and the opportunity to participate in it. These are people who throw ETH at everything in the hope of easy profit. For them, this is just one of many projects where they have contributed their coins. Especially since in PLASM you get all the ETH back. The demand period was already postponed and information about it was brought in all possible social networks. All unused tokens must be burned and the blocked ETH must remain so until the end of the blocking period. This is right and fair.

2 Likes

Itā€™s very sad to read that ā€¦ Have you ever been wrong in your life? If so, you are not worthy of it. So why create a blockchain system that prevents user errors, people should learn to program the tokens directly, because if not they do not show that they are worthy. You do not know the reasons why 7% of the people have not claimed them, and to be very clear, I repeat it again, maybe it was not as clear as it might seem, donā€™t you think?

If you are not a technical person and you do not know how the blockchain works in detail, why are you worth using it? The idea is not to bring this technology that can ā€œchange the worldā€ as it puts the entire population on the web, because if not the world that is going to change is going to be very small, only to those who have been attached to the project in all the time, those who are technicians, what some here are calling community, but it is not a common thing, it is something of a few apparently, the rest, we are not worthy because or we have not known how to do it when it played , or there has been a misunderstanding in communication, because 7% is a lot of people. Are they all unworthy of the project?

And if it offends anyone, but if the PLASM blockchain will be equipped with a system against errors, it is better to leave the human part to the code since apparently some only apply it there. The tokens are there, you just have to send them to people who have wanted to be part of the project with enthusiasm for whatever reasons and each of them is as valid as any other.

The community benefits from the creation of a community, which is a ā€œcommonā€ thing among all individuals, if not, it is still another form of power held by some over those who do not do things as they want.

And again sorry if my english is not that good for this kind of discussion.

9 Likes

I think the reason each individual has for not claiming the PLM is pretty circumstantial and specific. Iā€™m one example who did do read the tutorial(s) and was aware of the deadline and walked through it well in time. I didnā€™t lock ETH without thinking and do not throw eth at each project I see, Iā€™m a strong believer in ETH and wouldnā€™t lock my ETH for 1000 days if I didnā€™t read in the project or didnā€™t believe in the project. That liquidity could have been used for other things too off course like staking ETH2.0.

Still I didnā€™t manage to claim my PLM as I thought (following is my personal situation) I did walked through a fairly new process and was convinced that I was finished, substantiated by the checkmark which appeared. Let me be the one that didnā€™t pushed the last button/checkmark to actually claim the PLMs.

Only a short time ago I realized I didnā€™t fully walked through the process as I didnā€™t receive any PLMs yet, after which I reached out in the forum and mainly the discord finding myself in a situation that apparently discussion already took place at some time. I missed that discussion as I was under the assumption that I claimed my PLM and didnā€™t know I had an issue. It could be said I pushed some buttons with my question (wished I pushed that checkmark button instead :slight_smile:), but hey I have an issue and I donā€™t think itā€™s wrong to open up with it and ask for support. Hoping this is a supportive community helping to think about a solution.

Another thing that came up multiple times is that the people who didnā€™t claim in time are ignorant and not interested in the project. I think thatā€™s a bit blunt to say and generalizing everyone like that. It not a small percentage with unclaimed PLMs and I canā€™t believe the majority is like that. I do have interest in the project, do believe in the project as I locked my liquidity for 1000days, but my time schedule is different than others. At that time mainly I was not in the condition to be fully emerged in telegram, discord and this forum, which could count for a lot more people. Imo not a bad thing to be honest and certainly not meaning someone is not interested. Prioritization is a timely thing which changes all the time. For me anyway as Iā€™m starting my own business and having a private/family life beside. I could even fulfill a participating role or add value to the community or the project in the future, who knows, I am capable for it.

So why I persist my support question is that I think it is first of all on my own responsibility I didnā€™t pushed that last button, but secondly I also think the ui and process could have helped me with not pressing the button. Please note Iā€™m not blaming anyone for it, donā€™t get me wrong, the team is devoting al their time and effort in this and I do believe everything has been done as good as possible at that time.

A rollback is something that has been discussed in the past, I donā€™t think that is a solution and totally agree with that. It could be harmful for the project. But as the support question rises again, which could happen more in the coming period as still 7% didnā€™t claim and could still be unaware of their issue, it would be very strong to investigate if there is a solution that is not harmful and helps the people claiming their unclaimed tokens. Unclaimed PLMs for other reasons than being ignorance or uninterested as Iā€™m convinced that anyone locking ETH 1000 days is not someone not being interested

One solution I thought of without any deeper experience in this kind of tech is the possibility the reclaim PLMs with a ClaimID that is not yet been claimed and locking ETH for x days. Yes i did walked through the process in time as I do have a ClaimID. I also have a wallet address assigned to, everything ready to receive the PLM :slight_smile:.

Well hoping for the best and support from this community.

Props for @sota and team for picking up my support request and putting up a Poll. Something of great value and I have a lot of respect for taking that action!

https://forum.astar.network/t/poll-whether-we-should-issue-token-for-unclaimed-participants-of-lockdrop-2-or-not/218

6 Likes

Yes, doesn,t feel right. Everything seemed okƩ during the process.

I think that could be the right solution for this situation :+1:

1 Like

Of course it is formally correct. But no one should be satisfied with this result. Would be nice if a solution is found.

2 Likes